Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Eggs are out to get me.  (Read 15313 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Eggs are out to get me.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 03:58:46 pm »

EGGS
Maybe I'm late to the party, and maybe I'm feeling a bit imbalanced for some reason, but that just might give me nightmares. Then again, maybe not. It's the strangest feeling. Is this what it's like to be Japanese?
EGGS I REALLY LOVE YOU SO

If you're terrified, that means you're still sane.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »

All this over mass produced chickern eggs, try Marans chicken eggs, they are very dark brown, colour comes off though are harder to crack and Salmonella Bacteria cannot be found in Marans eggs. This is apparently due to the pores of the egg shell being smaller than other eggs and the inner membrane being thicker.

Also try duck, goose emu and ostrich, have had them several times overs last few years except this year as cant afford them.  I not a fan of the really mass produced eggs as the quality in breeding is crap so thin eggs and thin eggs= more breakages and risk of infection. Ducks are very nice and generally have good shell quality. have dropped them before and no leakage while chicken eggs ghardly hit each other when moving and you get egg leaking all over.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 06:44:29 pm »

Man, where you living that you can get that many types of eggs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks I've done scrambled this way (though I didn't have Crème fraîche, I used milk -- I'd probably use greek yogurt if I were trying it again) and it is delicious. Creamy, smooth, delightful.

Those are some good looking scrambled eggs. Creamy is a must. I absolutely cannot stand dry and pebbly scrambled eggs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »

EGGS
Maybe I'm late to the party, and maybe I'm feeling a bit imbalanced for some reason, but that just might give me nightmares. Then again, maybe not. It's the strangest feeling. Is this what it's like to be Japanese?
That's a Korean flash file xD Here, have some more non-translated egg goodness.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 07:08:40 pm »

oh god there's MORE
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »

Have some more egg-related goodness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJ2y-y3wIY
You may recognize this one from Janet's sig-link. :)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 07:39:11 pm »

I... I was going to post my eggsecution techniques... but this thread has just become horrifying. Good day fine sirs and or madams.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »

Anywho; I've never had trouble with eggs... It just came down to googling for a how-to guide and following it. They come out a little more mashed up than I would have liked due to being paranoid about the egg burning, but other than that it seems to work out fine for me.

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:00 pm »

I have never had trouble cooking eggs, or anything for that matter since my parents taught me how to cook when I was a kid. For all you who have trouble, guides that you can find by a simple google search will no doubt be of use.
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 07:49:30 pm »

Although rare, there are documented cases of large nematodes (parasitic roundworms) of chickens travelling up the oviduct and being sealed alive inside the eggs as they're being formed inside the chicken. This results in a perfectly formed egg which, once cracked open, reveals a 5-11 cm long squirming white worm.

Google Ascaridia galli for more information.

You're welcome. /thingsyouneverwantedtoknow

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 08:10:10 pm »

since this is DF
anyone tried dropping them on dwarfs?
Do they break?

--
also could do with some cheese and mushroom ommlettes right now.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 08:59:47 pm »

Although rare, there are documented cases of large nematodes (parasitic roundworms) of chickens travelling up the oviduct and being sealed alive inside the eggs as they're being formed inside the chicken. This results in a perfectly formed egg which, once cracked open, reveals a 5-11 cm long squirming white worm.

Google Ascaridia galli for more information.

You're welcome. /thingsyouneverwantedtoknow
Can this be modded into the game?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 09:14:26 pm »

Probably not, but I'm sure Toady will include it before the end of the century.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012, 09:16:54 pm »

Wonder if you could spawn worms after an egg is eaten, like seeds are spawned after plants are eaten raw. That'd do it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 09:20:45 pm »

I drop eggs into my ramyun and feast on it. :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5