Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Eggs are out to get me.  (Read 15349 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Eggs are out to get me.
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2012, 11:00:30 pm »

I love eggs, they bring me delicious money.
Scelly's army of sentient, money-gathering eggs are a truly terrifying sight to behold.
It's even more terrifying to see him devour all the money they gather.
THE MONEY, EET EES SO TAAASSSSSTTTTYYYYY.
ARG MY WALLET

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 10:52:55 am »

My eggs always come out looking like pancakes for some reason.  They taste fine, but its a little strange.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2012, 09:37:00 pm »

Re: egg rice, it's not too complicated. Take the desired amount of eggs, mix them up in a bowl like you're planning on making an omelet. Cook up some rice, probably by steaming or boiling, and then somewhere between three and five minutes before the rice is done, stir the eggs into the rice. Let rice finish cooking, and you're done. It is incredibly simple, and much easier than scrambling the eggs separately and stirring them into the rice.

Just tried this recipe.  I may or may not have overcooked the rice, but the final result r one cup natural rice boiled for ten minutes then adding two whipped eggs was a pot of white mush with almost no taste.  I melted in a couple handfuls of shredded cheese and tossed in some pepper and it's still one of the blandest things I've ever called a meal.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:14 am »

Sounds like it needs Sriracha.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2012, 12:12:42 pm »

I've been dedicating all my cooking efforts recently towards conquering eggs. Right now I've perfected the egg in a basket and I'm pretty decent at making them over easy. Next up: french toast maybe?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2012, 12:19:22 pm »

I've been dedicating all my cooking efforts recently towards conquering eggs. Right now I've perfected the egg in a basket and I'm pretty decent at making them over easy. Next up: french toast maybe?
Liquify the egg and let the bread soak up a little bit of it per slice. Had someone ruin it for me forever by letting a piece of bread soak up damn near an entire egg, then barely cooking it! Haven't been able to stomach it since.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 02:21:38 pm »

Liquify the egg and let the bread soak up a little bit of it per slice. Had someone ruin it for me forever by letting a piece of bread soak up damn near an entire egg, then barely cooking it! Haven't been able to stomach it since.
The one thing I tend to find with french toast is that the heels (or elbows, or whatever you call the ends of your bread loaves) can soak up a fair amount more and still taste good then the middles of the bread. My general way of cooking french toast involves placing the bread in the pan of eggs/milk/etc., flipping it over, and giving it more of a coating/damping then a soaking. The one exception is the heel, which I tend to let soak while I cook another couple of pieces before I cook the heel itself.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2012, 02:17:52 pm »

You know, I never really expected that a thread about my bizarre and dramatized interactions with eggs would grow to be this popular.  I guess it's a familiar subject to some.

Anyways, in an attempt to defy the pasty white gits, I tried making scrambled eggs in the pan.  This was, of course, done without the benefit of long hours spent researching the proper rituals and ceremonial practices involved in such a decision.

Some yellow gravel and quality time spent cleaning the pan later, I can safely say that I'm still completely hopeless when it comes to the subject of keeping myself alive.

And now, for fun facts:
Quote from: French
Toast
French toast, or rather the edible articles produced from making French toast, are called "Arme riddere" in Norwegian.  This translates into something like "Poor knights", as in cavaliers who are in a pitiable state of being...  Not in regards to any particular amount of wealth.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2012, 02:20:35 pm »

I tried to cook an egg yesterday and it fell out of the pan when I tried to flip it.

You win again, eggs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]