Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Ballad of "Pianola" Ambrose  (Read 15298 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
The Ballad of "Pianola" Ambrose
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:25:30 am »

The Ballad of "Pianola" Ambrose
An RTD

Leonard "Pianola" Ambrose is a legend 'round these parts. His fame, or notoriety (depending on who you asked) used to reach all across the City some fifteen years ago, but these days his name is just spoken in whispers around these here 'less-fortunate' neighborhoods. Doughside, Cornlake, even the old Baker's Hill industrial area where he done near lost his life, these sort of places need some mythical 'Robin Hood' figure to take their minds off how things are.

You might be wondering why I'm bringing this up, now. It's all done-and-dusted; sure, they never found his body, but he sure as hell disappeared after the shoot-out at the butterscotch factory, where his entire gang- "Pills" Monroe, Jackie the Hippo, "Two-Dick" Dallas, all the rest- was either killed or captured. So them better-off folk could breathe easy, lots of people made speeches, and Commissioner Geralt got that political career he always wanted.
Nothin' more to say, right?

Wrong.

Pianola Ambrose is back. An' I hear he's putting together a crew.

So! Here's where you come in! The rag-tag, downtrodden populace, the loners and misfits, loonies, the true dregs of society... That's you!
Whoever you are, whatever your reasons, you heard the tune of the Pianola and decided that's a tune you could dance to.
One thing, though; once you ride with "Pianola" Ambrose, there ain't no going back. You can't half-ass it. His mob are outlaws, and as far as the law is concerned you're a rabid dog.
While those Mafia fat-cats live plump and pretty, politicians in all but name, ruling their territories through meticulous planning, money and fear, Ambrose's gang are outside any ordered society. You get by with just your wits, a fair dash of courage and, well yes, fear.
What's a decent feller supposed ta do without a little fear, anyway? You answer me that! First, though, what's yer name...

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rap Sheets

Spoiler: Elixas Colton Roxine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aerie Rivian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jacob Greyson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marion Mcburney (click to show/hide)

In a shallow grave... Dead/Gone Characters

Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clayton Taylor (click to show/hide)

Up-And-Comers... The Waitlist

Spoiler: William Dunn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Murray Mason (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:10:35 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ballad of "Pianola" Ambrose
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:25:57 am »

Reserved Post.

[/intro]
Booze is Life for Yoink

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:33:04 am »

Name: Clayton Taylor
Appearance/Bio: A large, coal black, negro guitarist with fast fingers and a short temper.  Stole his first guitar, and has been rolling down the lost highway ever since.
Lucky Number: 38 (trivia: 1938 is the year fender's radio service, later to become fender electric instrument manufacturing, was founded)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:30:40 am by agentorangesoda »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:59:54 am »

I wasn't already playing two RTD's and running two more, I would totally play this.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:03:06 am »

Name: Jeremiah Nix

Appearance: A tall, man of average build, with a bushy black beard and intelligent black eyes.  Wears a coat, most of the time, simple brown and orange. 

Bio: A former pianist, Jeremiah struck out when it came to performances at any venue, so he's decided to walk the path of a criminal to earn riches, and with luck, fame.

Lucky number: 4
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:06:20 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:05:06 am »

Name: Elixas Colton Roxine

Apperance: A tall, chocolate-skinned gentleman with a thin mustache, a clean shaved head and the best damn smile you've seen. Wouldn't be caught dead without his striped spot suit and his fedora.

Biography: Elixas wanted to do something with his life, new and exciting. Sure, a jazz musician made money, but everyone was doing that. So Elixas learned some languages from the Orient. With his new skill, and dashing charisma, Elixas became a big time smuggler of Asian goods. Opium, weapons, women, booze, whatever. As such, Elixas grew an appriciaton for Eastern culture. He studied martial arts and read up on Asia. (Even to this day, his most preferred weapons are those from Asia.) On one fateful day, Elixas stopped for a meal in a rural town. Some local good ole' boys decided to "teach this jive-ass nigger" his place. Of course they didn't expect to deal with a Shaolin blade and a pistol. With a sizable bodycount, Elixas fled looking for a group he could find security in. And that's how he found Pianola.

Lucky Number: 73
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:30:22 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 10:16:35 am »

RESERVE ME!

I am not missing this!
And done!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:41:17 am by Tiruin »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 10:32:48 am »

Name: Jacob Greyson
Appearance: Clean shaven and tall with shoulder length blonde hair
Bio: Jacob had always been on the wrong side of the law, he made his living off the greed of others as a con-man,  he was good at it, only targeting rich people who he assumed had stepped on hard off people, also he never took enough to be worth the humiliation of reporting him. Then the recession hit, and people were becoming more careful with their money, worse some of the more powerful people he had targeted decided that it may be worth the humiliation after all, so he ran to join Pianola's gang hoping for a group that would protect him from the law.
Lucky number: 13
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 10:51:11 am »

Okay, well, everyone so far is in! I'll start working on the introduction whilst everyone gets their sheets done. :)

E: Hoo boy, I was about to post saying: 'Alright, I've got the first update ready for tomorrow', but then I saw you'd all finished your sheets.
Well, first Update incoming!

Edit: Posted. Bed-time for me, now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:10:37 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:08:58 pm »

Prologue - O'Dolan's Speakeasy

Somewhere out in a forgotten stretch of Lower Doughside, sticking out like a sore thumb amongst a few weed-choked vacant lots, is the O'Dolan's Speakeasy.
On the ground floor of a crumbling old brownstone building, the O'Dolan doesn't receive much in the way of natural light, something often appreciated by those choosing to do business there.
And despite its isolation(or perhaps due to it), the place does receive plenty of custom. At all hours there are at least a few big sedans and coupes sat around the back in the yard, and the wood-panelled door is watched over by a couple of suits.

Stepping inside, the scruffy doorman cocking an eye at you- the rogue's gaze lingers especially on Aerie for a moment- you move down the worn steps (the floor is somewhat lower than street level) and into a cavernous, dimly-lit common room. Apart from the dark, slightly dungeon-like feeling, the place is surprisingly well-appointed after seeing its outer appearance.
(Well ventilated, too, it seems; despite the number of red ciagrette-ends glowing throughout the room, the air isn't too bad)
You feel eyes on you, briefly, from tables about the room, people apparently judging you not a threat before returning to their discussions as you move past.

Along one wall you see the bar, a real artifact decorated with what seem to be a few down-and-out, near-comatose heavy drinkers, with a rather standard-looking bartender type standing behind it. Yes, he's wiping down a glass.
The other main attraction of the room is a stage in the far corner, occupied by the house band, doling out some slow, mournful jazz.
To Jeremiah's ear the pianist sounds either rather drunk, half-asleep or both, only hitting half his notes right, while all Clayton can hear is the sad, sad lack of any guitars. To the others, though, well it just sets the mood perfectly.

So here you all are, this is the Pianola's dive, or so you're told. You've come this far. What now?
Do you belly up to the bar, scowl, and shout out your intent to join said crook's little band? Do you inquire more discreetly, with a knowing wink at the bartender? Do you just sit, watch the comings-and-goings and try getting a feel for things yourself?
Or am I just talkin' out my ass here and you've got something completely different in mind...?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 02:02:21 pm »

"Beautiful place, aye?"

Aerie moved towards the bartender, after nodding to the general direction of those who came with her, and leaned on the counter.

"Fancy place ye got 'ere. Any news about what's going on for the people? Any...hmm

"Rumors on Outlaws?"

She tossed her scarf over her shoulder nonchalantly, and looked the man in the eye - he was truly concentrating on polishing the inside of that tankard.

Speak to Bartender.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 05:52:23 pm »

Jacob could not shake his habits from a lifetime of grifting, he ordered a drink and sat back, watching the goings on and observing people gauging their moods and motivations
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 08:22:22 pm »

Elixas looked around. This dark, lonely bar was familiar territory. Basements, back alleys, Under boardwalks. That's the type of places where transactions occurred. The exceptions were parties, if he knew it was clear, Elixas could sell contraband like hotcakes.

Seeing an opportunity to both earn some green and impress the gang, Elixas slid up to the drunks at the bar. "Hey fellas' you feeling down? I feel you. Job, wife, kids, whatever man. But you can't just drink booze forever. You need stronger stuff." Elixas pulls open his suit jacket, revealing a row of small packages taped to the inside. "Chinese herb, one try and you'll be high forever man! 25 a pop." He devilishy grinned.

Show off to the gang by making a deal.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 03:21:46 am »

"This ought to be interesting."

Sit down in a corner, and observe all the happenings and shenanigans in the room.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 08:12:39 am »

"Now this is my kinda dig, man! But it's missin somethin..."

Clayton waits for the right moment to join the house band with the melodic stylings of acoustic geetar
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6