Malacath
Gork
Mork
Morgoth
Saruman
Bhall
Father Sky

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 64

Author Topic: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)  (Read 135753 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Fortress [v1.20 BETA] for ☼MASTERWORK☼
« Reply #555 on: March 26, 2013, 12:03:01 pm »

@Mystic:  Thanks, very glad you're enjoying it!  The boneyard is Meph's from Dwarf mode, all I had to do with that was had the sense to leave it in for Orc Fortress :) 

@Gamerlord:  Yes, pretty much exactly that, although "what their culture stands for" differs from tribe to tribe, and isn't generally benevolent.  Sure, some would just like to return to a simple nomadic life in their old lands, others could easily settle into some new world order alongside goblins and humans.   But some leaders are as greedy as the dwarves, or as expansionist as the humans, and plenty of warriors would follow them for the thrill of battle and victory given the chance.  The Forest-clan blood vendetta with the Silvan elves is older than any history and totally intractable; both sides (accurately) think the other are ruthless killers. 

At the time when you start a new game, the clans are fighting for survival and have formed this tentative alliance under the banner of the Taiga confederacy, after that the story is out of my hands :)

@all:  Anyone seen a gnome attack yet?  just curious what they bring ^^
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:24:36 pm by smakemupagus »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 26, 2013, 12:55:55 pm »

In the manual I'm not finding informations about Orc nobles ... wich is the manager ? bookkeeper? broker ?

Also, am I wrong or in MasterWork 2h the WorkFlow is not working ? Or it's only in Orc mode ?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:59 pm »

Nobles, definitely in the manual, I don't know how it could be easier to find ^^ , on the very first line of the very first page after the introduction there is a quicklink "Orcish Society and Nobles"

Tiaga-orc Society and Nobles

Taiga Orcs have nobles, but organized a bit differently than the Dwarves.
The "clan leader" oversees the day to day affairs of an orcish expedition, receiving diplomats and meeting with workers. The clan leader is expected to stay on the job in larger settlements even after other greater nobles arrive.

The "warchief" is the leader of a clan's military forces.

One or more "scribes" can be appointed, and each takes on the responsibilities of both Accounting and Production management.

One or more "shaman" can be appointed. Shaman are required for medical diagnoses, and also can help calm angry orcs.

The orc designated "speaker" takes responsibility for trade.

An "executioner", if appointed, is the sole embodiment of the rule of law in any clan-holding without a huscarl.

When a clan grows to the notice of the central confederation, a "Thain" is appointed to ensure the clan's survival.  The Thain is a hereditary position and may be promoted to Hersir or Jarl as the clan continues to grow.  As Jarls rise through the ranks they may chose to appoint clan champions including the Huscarl, Battlemage, and Avenger.

Sorry, I don't know anything about workflow.  I don't mod it, I don't use it, there seems a lot of discussion of it in the main MDF thread. 

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Fortress [v1.21 BETA] for ☼MASTERWORK☼
« Reply #558 on: March 26, 2013, 01:11:54 pm »

Oh here it is, sorry.

That page seemed only a GDR tale to me.

Too much block of text without images or titles, with an important information (nobles) in the end (scrolling necessary).
Just an advice from an average manual user ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:39 pm »

v1.21 BETA is posted
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6732
This is the final content update of the current development cycle, and includes the new magic systems, new mid-game buildings, and the changes to allied evil races. Just for the record here are the list of changes one more time:

* Dozens of new spells across 2 new (4 total) Dreamwalkers' temples
Sun & Stars Orrery
Icecrystal Sanctum
Altar of Storms
Stone Circle

* Destructive Sapper's arsenal at Heavy Armory
* Arcane Forge now a domestic building
    * enchanted main- and off-hand weapons that can teach your dreamwalkers a unique ability while equipped
* Warrior's mead and enchanted war-masks at Society Meadhall
* Buccaneer's Tavern -- Trade from Human Bandits. Music and Gambling;
* Nethermill -- Trade from Deep Drow. Cavern tech wargear;
* Legion Auxilla Outpost -- Trade from Chaos Dwarves. Dwarven weapons including Legion hammer/javelin kits;
* Ashland Glassblower -- Trade from Elf Bandits. Advanced decorative and weapon glass industry;
* Obsidian Spire Library -- Drow Barbarian Tech (acquire @ raiding only)
* Runesmith -- Dwarven Barbarian Tech (acquire @ raiding only)

Many cosmetic and some real changes to the Creature, Entity, and Trade goods of Evil "Twin" trade partners.
They now should be less clones of their good counterparts, and their trade items are better coordinated with Orc stuff.

* A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition. The folk of men is a great one, building mighty cities and roads.  Having an intrepid mind they invented firearms and trade muskets or pistols. Human bandit outsiders form free townships, pirate coves, and rebel fortresses, thriving outside the reach of the law.
* (10%) Buccaneers are natural masters of swashbuckling combat.

* A medium-sized creature dedicated to the ruthless protection of their traditions. Ashlander elves live a semi-nomadic lifestyle and follow an unusual religion of ancestor spirit worship.  Ashlanders are distrustful of outsiders and repay even the least of  slights with bloodfeud.  Their glassblowers are renowned for the brilliant colored stains and strong alloys they work from the grey wasteland sands.
* (5%) Spellswords are an elite caste of ashland wardancers who balance their mastery of the blade with an innate aptitude for magic.
* (3%) Incarnate elves are born with a rare degree of grace in combat.  In the ashland religion they are believed to bear the mark of an ancestor spirit.

*A stocky humanoid fond of drink, industry and destruction.  The Chaos Legion are bound by strange and terrible oaths to a dark aspect of the blood god Armok.
* (3%) Arcanii are naturally attuned to black magic and often rise quickly through the ranks of the imperial cult.
* (10%) Patricians are dwarves of immense wealth and power.  They expand their lifespans and physical prowess through expensive and unnatural treatments at the Fleshsculptor's studio.
* (3%) Gladiators who survive a great tournament are awarded citizenship, pending exposure to a raw warpstone node.  Myrmadons are a caste of survivors twisted into a grotesque form with great strength and multiple arms.
* (3%) ... Equites are a caste of survivors twisted into a grotesque form with great agility and the lower body of a warhorse.

* A medium-sized and evil creature, living in matriarchistic underground cities.  Drow rarely meddle in the affairs of others, but when the time is right to strike they do so with deadly force.  Deep drow traders occassionally venture to the surface world to barter mysterious goods from the underdark.
* (2%) The rare albino drow are quite capable of passing for a common elf. As such they are trained from birth to become masterful assassins.
* (2%) Drow shadowblades are feared warriors.  They use magical darkness to disorient their victims in the last moments before a kill.

I've played a few years (on 1.20) and no major problems, didn't yet test too much of the new stuff, but nothing that worked properly in 1.02 has become broken as far as I can tell :)  I can tell you that in a 15 unarmed orc vs. 4 wild ironclad sauropod battle, one oracle with Solar Flare and Meteor Storm turns the table from "everyone dead" -> to "everyone in the hospital after a 1 month battle".

I don't know what the release time will be for the "stable" version, just FYI I'll be away a lot the next couple weeks, so either grab the beta or go ahead and settle in with a 1.02 fort :D 

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:43:38 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 26, 2013, 01:34:29 pm »

Too much block of text without images or titles, with an important information (nobles) in the end (scrolling necessary).

Well, fair enough, but again there are hotlinks in the very first line, so I really don't know what else to do.
I promise there is (perhaps even more important) information hidden in the wall of text too ;)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 26, 2013, 04:21:36 pm »

I love your GDR way to describe the mod, expecially in the "tutorial thread".
I'm just saying you should divide that from the "technical" manual ;)

I'm sure that the newcoming update with many new stuff will be a good occasion to improve it :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #562 on: March 26, 2013, 04:35:32 pm »

The only things I can come up with for GDR is German Democratic Republic or Global Depositary Receipt. Neither makes sense in the context. What do you mean with GDR?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:43 pm »

Are you planning to do another tutorial thread for this update?
The manual was helpful, but I found that seeing how you did things in the tutorial was a lot more so.
Also, you know, it's more fun this way  ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 26, 2013, 05:53:48 pm »

>> Are you planning to do another tutorial thread for this update?

Yes, probably, that was a lot of fun!  Unless Toady does an update and throws everything into chaos :D

I should say *is* a lot of fun; the story of Ghoshash Snazaga isn't quite over yet, just on hiatus while I did the mod ^^

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 26, 2013, 07:17:20 pm »

Excuse me Meph, you know your mods get me excited, so I forgot once again english.

GDR is RPG in Italian.

Is there any change to make a "leather set" in Orc Fortress ? I can't find the reaction and I almost done all workshops.

Kobold textile hut maybe ?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:20:36 pm by Nokao »

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 26, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

is there a wiki for this mod? its all too confusing and there arnt many LP's going around

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 26, 2013, 07:31:58 pm »

Excuse me Meph, you know your mods get me excited, so I forgot once again english.

GDR is RPG in Italian.

Is there any change to make a "leather set" in Orc Fortress ? I can't find the reaction and I almost done all workshops.

Lamellar wargear at tribal wargear

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 26, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

is there a wiki for this mod? its all too confusing and there arnt many LP's going around

Not that I know of?  I think it could be nice, but I don't know whether we have enough user base to support it.  Even the one for Masterwork never really got filled in with accurate information.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 26, 2013, 07:51:17 pm »

GDR is RPG in Italian.

Lamellar wargear at tribal wargear

Thanks! so this is a complete set? it should be named (set) like in dwarf mode you know, to fast-search it into manager !

I finally found a bug, a Warlock leaving pissed of because I tryed to sell wood items into depot. "once a beautiful tree!?"
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 64