Malacath
Gork
Mork
Morgoth
Saruman
Bhall
Father Sky

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 64

Author Topic: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)  (Read 135737 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Orc Fortress: A new playable civ for ☼MASTERWORK☼
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 09:45:52 pm »

Somehow your DFFD version is not updated yet.

(Just curious about the pet-reactions and to see the magma-minecart in action :) )
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 09:58:45 pm »

Somehow your DFFD version is not updated yet.

(Just curious about the pet-reactions and to see the magma-minecart in action :) )

Cool thanks for noticing, I wonder what happened.  Should be good now :)

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2012, 07:18:10 am »

New world required, right?
---
Hey-hey-hey! No timberyard? According to the reaction text burning farmed trees has only 35% chance to return a seed. I'll give it a try but if it burns farmed trees regardless of stacks, that won't do :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:40:29 am by gwathlobal »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2012, 09:04:27 am »

Yeah, new world required.

The tree-burning reaction doesn't have the tag [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] so my understanding is that if you burn a stack of 5 trees you will get 5x the charcoal product and 5x(35%) expected value of seeds back.  If that isn't the case then by all means let me know. 

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2012, 05:31:11 am »

So I can confirm that a stack of 3 fungiwood creates 3 charcoal. However, with seeds it is more complicated. Seems it checks the chance only once instead of N times, so either you get all the seeds or nothing. With 35% creating a stable wood farming industry is going to be difficult. However, I think i found the application for all those potash from the slag pit.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2012, 06:31:05 pm »

OK thanks for following up.  it is supposed to be not as easy to have sustainable tree farms, but in general need to be supplemented by gathering plants/buying seeds/fertilizer.  If you still can't run a sustainable farm once your gardeners to high skill levels, let me know, we can tweak the seeds return numbers a bit.

A bit of an aside but In the back of my mind I am formulating a "Tropico 2" style feature for the Freelancers Guild where you could outfit an raiding party at some moderately high cost and have a 50/50 chance of them coming back with loot that is hard to get otherwise; one of the sort of minor bonus items they could loot if you send them out against the elves would be trees to burn.  So if the tree farming industry ends up benefiting from regular raids against elven tree nursery creches, I could live with that :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »

You mean a simulated "army arch" where you can send attacks? that would be awesome.

Reaction: Equip a raiding party against elven caravans.
Reagents: Armor, Weapons, Ammo, Food, Booze.
Product: Random chance for elven related items.

Would be great to simulate the passing of the time, before the raiding party returns, but I have no idea (or only overly complicated ones) to achieve that.

I also think that your orcs could use the sawmill mod that is flying around here. Mass cutting trees up into several blocks (for bigger aboveground wooden forts) should fit into the topic.

Sawmill mod

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2012, 11:05:24 am »

The factory can already mass produce wooden blocks, so the sawmill is kinda integrated.
BTW, has anybody tested the effectiveness of a welded mithril daikatana? My orcs tend to automatically prefer welded wolfram longswords.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2012, 11:16:16 am »

Ah, ok, I didnt knew the factory did wood too. About the swords: That makes your orcs about as intelligent as the average dwarf. ^^

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2012, 01:51:19 pm »

@gwatlobal:  Yeah, the Orcs (just like dwarves) will favor more expensive stuff, their AI doesn't know how to take into account whether a metal is optimal for swords or hammers.  I haven't arena'd it but the welded mithril should be better.

Daikatana and longswords have different attack patterns too:  daikatana will continously apply deep strikes with the long edge of the blade, which ideally means lots of smooth strikes, severing, decapitation.  Longswords will alternate a greater variety of stabs, strikes, and overhand swings, which could be good (more piercing strikes) or bad (less severing, more stuck-ins) depending on enemy armor and etc.

And finally, most orcs can single wield a longsword; only larger orcs can single wield a daikatana.

@Meph or others:  Is there a trick so can I have the Orc raiders have a reaction whose product is a "Loot Crate" without my home civilization traders being able to sell me those same crates?

Here's my attempt.  Creature and reactions in separate files ofc.  But the trader will sell ELF_LOOT_CRATE:SOAP to me under Miscellaneous.  I know you must have figured this out because I can't buy Philosopher's stone in Masterwork... right??  suddenly i'm not so sure :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:54:14 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2012, 06:46:56 pm »

bars are always under misc, try custom items, like toys or tools ;) They will not show up in trading.

On the opposite, I was very glad that elves showed up one day with ironbark and steeloak bars... it took me a while to figure out why I cant use them... They were ironbark/steeloak WOOD-bars. So yeah, all bars show up under misc, all custom items do not. That includes weapons, armor, trapcomps, tools, toys and so forth. If you want to enable those for trading, then you have to add the item to the entity.

Anything else you could need help with ?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:54:11 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2012, 02:01:25 am »

edit.  Thanks for the quick answer on the tools issue.  I started out with them as tools, and switched to soap because your crates were soap and i figured there must be a reason.  ha, that's what I get for making a change without actually understanding it! :D

>>
Not too much at the moment.   I added a bunch of new features in 1.8 / 1.9 and I just need to get around to test them, not only for bugs but to get a feel for what is fun, or balanced, or not.

Oh I do have one question, Why did you remove magic wands that shoot rune spells in MWDF, did you just decide against the feature or was there a problem with the technical implementation?  Because I mostly copied your system and I hope it works ^^

First attempt at Druids' staff and Nazgul's sword (one difference compared to your magic wands is that melee skills are whip and sword respectively, but ranged skill is still MAGIC_NATURE). 

Crafting the Wraithblade; Ivywhip is similar. 

Contact syndromes for the Wraithblade's shards

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:07:27 am by smakemupagus »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2012, 06:06:42 am »

I've just recently decided to come back to DF after a break and saw this and I think everything so far sounds pretty awesome.  I did notice though that the embark animals can be a bit different, and no cats are available for vermin cleanup.  Was curious if you could list some vermin exterminating alternatives.

edit: Well found drow spiders seem to do the trick. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:45:39 am by corrosivechains »

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2012, 08:25:29 am »

Drowspiders.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2012, 09:06:44 am »

frill lizards as well.

The syndrome ammo works well, I just removed it, because they were copies of each other, and the usage was very difficult. The problem was that 9 different ammos are called "spell" and the different types only came from the material. So people had to guess in the ammo screen what they needed. Your names seem to be better.

Just read the RAWs again, dont you get "agony agony bladeshards" in the end ? Maybe making the name of the materials ::: (empty) would help. This way the ammo still has the name for the euipment screen.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 64