Malacath
Gork
Mork
Morgoth
Saruman
Bhall
Father Sky

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 64

Author Topic: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)  (Read 137410 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Fortress [v022] for ☼MASTERWORK☼
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:08 pm »

Well, the other buildings require blueprints, but "Goblin Shanty Blueprint" makes no sense.  And "Goblin Cage" sounds like prisoners.  So I was just imagining the Orcs packing up the longboat, 'Ey boss, whatta we do with these gobbos then?  Well they're important ain't they, so puts 'em in the box wit the other important bits.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:42 pm »

Ok :) I just imagined a box of chocolates or something. Here, take this box of goblins, they are delicious.

Edit: I have a question: Slag... do you want it removed when you play as orcs, or should I give orcs access to the slag-destroying reactions, or do you want to add other reactions for orcs... maybe they use slag for other stuff, who knows... just asking so that players dont end up with it lying around doing nothing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:29:49 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2013, 02:43:41 am »

Well, too bad the tests did not convince you  :'(
I interpret them that you all you need is a fully-clad DB orc. Period. Moreover, ancient foundry lets you make plated versions of DB armor, which are not accessible with other metals.
Archers are likely to die in any case, armor or no armor. As far as I got, they can either be inactive and train ranged weapons, or be active and train melee. The choice is again obvious, I think.
If the second test was vice versa - orc. weapon + steel won against DB weapon + steel, then DB was less obvious. It would mean that DB was armor metal and orichalcum - a weapon metal.
But, well, you are the boss here  :)
Hmmp, going to make some tests with spears.
---
No surprises here, unfortunately.
Snagas instead of uruks.
DB armor + DB scimitar vs. Orc. armor + Orc. spear
DB won with 7:1, only 3 orichalcum orcs survived.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:19:04 am by gwathlobal »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2013, 03:39:33 am »

Well, too bad the tests did not convince you  :'(

Well, I don't want to be the supreme dictator here, I promise I can be convinced in principle :)  But, What about your experiments 3 and 4 in the previous post?  I thought that clearly showed orichalcum is better proof against blunt & non-penetrating damage, as expected due to the high impact modulus...  And every weapon grade steel or lower should be non-penetrating.

What armor skill were your snaga?  Weight still won't matter much to even a weak grandmaster, if that 1/16 multiplier from wiki is still accurate.

... Is there a way to set arena battles up quickly like "saving the embark" and tweak in a text editor, or do you have to set it up manually every time?  I'll play around with these some more myself once I get the actual new version posted, I'm trying to power through and get the building art done tonight

@ Meph:
Well, I already had sort of a slag mechanic in our batch furnace (which used to be called the "slag pit" ^^); We already have malachite and rusty iron "slag", balanced by lower efficiency smelting, and ways to use up the rusty iron including already concrete.  So with the feature on, there's double slag.  I already put Dwarvish slag pit in our entity, so players wouldn't get stuck,  and renamed the Orcish slag pit to something else.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:54:52 am by smakemupagus »

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2013, 03:55:39 am »

Yeah, but who needs blunt damage when you can chop limbs off much quicker :)
Snagas are again grandmaster. Will re-do the tests with no-skill orcs.
PS. Everything is manual, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:57:41 am by gwathlobal »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2013, 04:03:17 am »

Edit: I have a question: Slag... do you want it removed when you play as orcs, or should I give orcs access to the slag-destroying reactions, or do you want to add other reactions for orcs... maybe they use slag for other stuff, who knows... just asking so that players dont end up with it lying around doing nothing.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2013, 04:14:57 am »

Yeah, but who needs blunt damage when you can chop limbs off much quicker :)

Well, I totally agree with you, but the question is what does the enemy equip :)

The other part of it is that the majority of siegers will be in an "experiment 3" situation: trying to kill you with weapons of inferior grade iron or bronze, even steel.  All these strikes from axes or swords should penetrate either type of advanced armor rarely.  The orichalcum has lower strain-at-yield even for shear damage, meaning it is more rigid, and so (in theory) you should take less bruising and pain from these glancing blows.  I say "in theory", but, also borne out by the victory of Orichalcum in your experiment 3. 

---

Meph, I guess I would say leave the slag in, it doesn't cause any problem, and if some players prefer it I'd rather they have the option.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:18:50 am by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2013, 04:28:48 am »

Well, it is not stockpiled and cant be used for anything, so I guess I just enable the slag-reactions for your orcish slagpit. :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2013, 04:32:32 am »

OOOOoooo of course you are still looking at the one you have already packaged, version 0.20.  Yeah I got you, there it is definitely a problem and whatever fix is easiest for you to implement is fine.

There are a couple other problems with the packaged version such as coarse iron still being used, and I think that the Ancient Foundry (the building that gwathlobal and I discuss all afternoon ^^) got lost.  For these reasons If you are bundling up a new release it *might* be better to roll with 0.22a -- but i hesitate since I've only played a couple games so far!  tbh, I don't know what the right answer is, in the past I don't call it a Stable release until I play one through all the way to 10 years or become the King.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:41:06 am by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2013, 04:36:40 am »

Wait, no. I mean for the next update. Are you telling me your new version already has an orc-version that uses slag ? That was my question, slag in, slag out, or orcis slag use. ^^

Edit: I think we are both talking around each other, or however you say that in english. ^^

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2013, 04:49:19 am »

Yes go ahead and leave it in.  In the new version, within [ENTITY:TAIGA] we have

Code: [Select]
#################### DWARVISH SLAG PIT ######
YESSLAGPIT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SLAG_PIT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:DESTROY_SLAG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CONCRETE_SLAG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:POTASH_SLAG]

so everything is fine, players can choose.  Does it work when I copy the "YESSLAGPIT" token like that?

I think you're good -- The great thing about English is you can say almost anything and it's an idiom. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2013, 05:03:12 am »

It could work, if I tell the GUI to look into the orc entity as well. I can easily do that... but then I would have this one option of all the building options that affects orcs, and all the others do not.. Worst case scenario atm is that the turn it off, but still get the building, which is no real problem.

Edit: to talk at cross purposes... that was what I wanted to say ;)

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2013, 05:51:38 am »

so i tested it, you are right: both chashing in grog and creating chaos mojo worked when ordered via manager (noticed the same problem for weapon kits)
thanks for the quick help
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2013, 05:59:08 am »

@leafar: In that case your problem were burrows. You workshop was outside/inside a burrow, and the materials was outside/inside a burrow. Custom workshops dont accept reagents that are stored outside, even if the burrow is inactive.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2013, 06:54:28 am »

Graphics for (almost) the full set of Orcish  unique buildings

Advanced tech (blueprints required)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basic tribal and industry

Goblin and Kobold ghetto

Raiders and Caravanserai

Training and Dreamwalkers

Credits: -- THANKS!:)
Deon: weight set and anatomical theater; blood bowl pitch (modified)
Meph: factory (modified), treesinger (modified), possibly others??
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:08:43 am by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 64