Malacath
Gork
Mork
Morgoth
Saruman
Bhall
Father Sky

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64

Author Topic: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)  (Read 135735 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Fortress [v1.10 BETA] for ☼MASTERWORK☼
« Reply #540 on: March 22, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »

Preview

Buccaneer's Tavern (trade allies for blueprint)
Legion Auxilla Outpost (trade)
Obsidian Spire Library (raid Barbarians for blueprint)
Ashland Glassblower (trade)
Nethermill (trade)
new "orichalcum" colored look for Arcane Forge (now a domestic building)

The four dreamwalkers' temples

Sun & Stars Orrery
Icecrystal Sanctum
Altar of Storms
Stone Circle

these look amazing! is it part of the Masterwork 2h?

DAMMIT SMAKE! STOP MAKING ME NEED FRESH PANTS!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 23, 2013, 04:07:46 pm »

Approximately what material level should TES style weapon glass and ebony be? 
(i.e. pure mithril/wolfram tier or damasc/orichalcum/deepbronze tier?)

I guess "worse than steel" is an option too, but I'd rather go more for "different than steel"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:09:37 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #542 on: March 23, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »

Ebony being the TES version of Slade, with Deadric being simply Ebony infused with deadra souls, I would say Ebony is quite heavy and good. And weapon glass => green volcanic glass?

I'd say its up to you. It souldnt be better then the best metal, because glass is endless. I prefer to use carbon copies, or +-20% strength, simply to give people an idea what it is. Steel. Ok, everyone knows steel. Rusty steel? Its steel -20%.

It depends on what kind of extra ingredients you need. If its per definition unlimited (fuel, plant-mats, sand, animal mats, wood, common rock) then it should be either very slow to make, or not powerful. If its rare materials (special gems, orcish magic, raids) then make it good. I personally would think it a nice addition if it can replace the metal industry in a way. You dont have steel/mithril/whatever, you can make glass without mining for it. Surface stuff only as ingredients.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 23, 2013, 05:07:10 pm »

>>  It souldnt be better then the best metal, because glass is endless.
>>  I personally would think it a nice addition if it can replace the metal industry in a way.
>>  You dont have steel/mithril/whatever, you can make glass without mining for it. Surface stuff only as ingredients.

Exactly, that's kind of my thoughts too.  A bit complex to make but very different supply chain from steel and mostly surface-friendly. 

Also, I haven't decided whether the Ashland Glassblower is *only* available if you have the "Evil Elves" trade partner to acquire the blueprint from, or should there be alternate paths.  Anyone have a strong preference?  (of course this kind of detail is easy to change later)

Here's my first cut at the materials properties

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:34:25 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 24, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »

Orc Fortress 1.2.0 BETA for MDF 2h
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6732

BETA TEST OF TWO MAJOR UPDATES
Please be patient, Some bugs are likely, anything posted here will address ASAP.

New expanded and improved(?) magic system with Itemsyndrome and Autosyndrome

* dozens of new spells across 2 new (4 total) Dreamwalkers' temples
* Spell mojos are single use but you always learn spell permanently
-  choose whether to power up one Dreamwalker or to spread the abilities around the clan!
* Sapper's arsenal at Heavy Armory NOT SAFE near your favorite orcs
* all magic reactions should be more reliable (and therefore probably imba strong until rebalance)
* Arcane forge is a domestic building
-  Forge magic main- and off-hand weapons that can teach your dreamwalkers a unique ability while equipped
-  Craft Fluidcaster foundation from Blood of Armok

* Warrior's mead and enchanted war-masks at Society Meadhall
* Buccaneer's Tavern -- Trade from Human Bandits.  Music and Gambling;
- Use up spare instruments laying around the fort by playing Orcish Jazz
- At the games you'll probably lose money, but you could win ships, weapons... or even more if you play at the Shadowbroker's high stakes table
* Nethermill -- Trade from Deep Drow.  Cavern tech
- mill netherleather armor, crystal and devil-thorn weapons, including the Blademaster's dual katana set.
* Legion Auxilla Outpost -- Trade from Chaos Dwarves.  Dwarven weapons
- Create exotic and unusual weapons like piercing spears, warhammers, crossbows, bolts, and javelins. 
- Combine then into the Auxilla and Legion kits to create front line warriors with punch at range.
* Ashland Glassblower -- Trade from Elf Bandits.  advanced glass industry
- Craft valuable Ruby and Cobalt glass, and use weapons-grade Ashland Glass (light) and Ebonglass (heavy) in place of mithril

* Obsidian Spire Library -- Drow Barbarian Tech (acquire @ raiding only)
- Acquire new spells for your Dreamwalkers, without randomness associated with Raiding or Temple rites
* Runesmith -- Dwarven Barbarian Tech  (acquire @ raiding only)
- Similar to the Dwarf mode Runic weaponry
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:28:54 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Fortress [v1.20 BETA] for ☼MASTERWORK☼
« Reply #545 on: March 25, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »

A preview of the upcoming changes to "Evil Traders"
Feedback welcome.

The ability to sell you blueprints is already in 1.2.0, for that matter, the Caravanserai and your home Taiga civ will also sell you the blueprints to these new mid-game type buildings.

The other stuff isn't in the available download yet, for the simple reason that I have no idea how exactly we're going to integrate it into the mod :D as my prototype testing version changes MDF files.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:19:48 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #546 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:35 pm »

add flavor/interesting castes

That one would need specific graphics as well, otherwise it makes judging siegestrength very difficult. You know that trick with profession specific sprites for siegers?

The rest looks fine, I would include it into Masterwork even for the normal dwarf/kobolds mode. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 25, 2013, 05:26:59 pm »

Quote from: Nakao
Hi guys, I generated/embarked on a nice map with warriors Orc embark profile, I uploaded it here for you to see/use it.
It's done embark everywhere, on DF MW 2h, featuring a going-to-conquer Pandashi Castle, with wavy ocean and a nice circular natural pit-hole to put prisoners in.

I also have some questions:

This map is missing the river, I don't have experience with Orcs, is it secure death because they don't dig ? Or they do if they have a pick ?

Why are Pandashi not attackable in the beginning ? They result to be all (tame) except their king. Killing the king makes everyone hostile.
This never happened to me in Vanilla, even for good civilization Embark Everywhere(s). I embarked on elves before.

Also I note a little bug, in the caverns below, looking down BEFORE going down digging, I can see fishes moving a black - unknown area. At level -30.
Again, this never happened to me in Vanilla.

Sounds like another nice embark you found!
Orcs can dig.  Warband embark should have 1 or 2 picks, does it not?

I don't know anything about Embark Anywhere, but note that Fortress Defense civilizations don't speak, don't have diplomatic relations of any kind, this is why they send hostile armies to both Dwarves and Orcs, so I don't know if that makes a difference.  Elves is not a valid comparison.

cavern creatures, Are they fireflys?  If so that's a MDF feature, not a bug (Meph does you a favor by using fireflies to show where the caverns are).  Otherwise you need to tell us what creature it is specifically if I'm going to look into it :)  But Orc fortress does not add fishes or any other vermin.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:38:41 pm by smakemupagus »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 25, 2013, 05:45:50 pm »

For the sake of completion, I give here the url of my embark/save:
Hi guys, I generated/embarked on a nice map with warriors Orc embark profile, I uploaded it here for you to see/use it.
It's done embark everywhere, on DF MW 2h, featuring a going-to-conquer Pandashi Castle, with wavy ocean and a nice circular natural pit-hole to put prisoners in.

Thank you for the kind answers !

Unortunately the 4 months that took me to understand how to go down to second cavern (only source of water) was a really bad start (and few cases of starvation to death), because of the amazing-fast FPS time passed very fast.
The Orcs were not digging for some reason, but after a while and some combact with the Pandashi I found the right tool.

The fishes flying into nothing (unrevealed terrain) are not described by look or view commands, they are in the third cavern (under my actual home, in second).

Now I'm studying the manual and trying to make a small fort, with the 4 survivors + 4 fresh migrants.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #549 on: March 25, 2013, 05:56:08 pm »

Every creature that generates light can be seen even in undiscovered terrain. I put some vermin into every cavern lvl to help people find them before they dig them open. Since they are vermin they have no pathfinding and dont affect fps negatively.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2013, 06:02:18 pm »

Every creature that generates light can be seen even in undiscovered terrain. I put some vermin into every cavern lvl to help people find them before they dig them open. Since they are vermin they have no pathfinding and dont affect fps negatively.

That's very clever, thanks ;)
Indeed, in my case, I would have starved to death without that shiny fireflies.

This embark is just a crazy idea anyway, expecially with the new 1.2 coming to stable ;)

Infact I have another question: in DF MW 2h, there is still Orc Fortress 1.02 right ?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2013, 06:08:22 pm »

>> in DF MW 2h, there is still Orc Fortress 1.02 right ?

That's right.  It's not always perfect, but I try to keep the versions explained up to date in the first post of this thread.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2013, 06:21:55 pm »

It was clear, I just needed a confirm that the game I just started is "old", I'll wait for next release ;)

I do like orcs, they have all Dwarf stuff, a little less metal industry, but a lot of other funny stuff.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:44:17 pm by Nokao »

Mystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 26, 2013, 05:34:14 am »

smakemupagus, I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying the mod (In fact, voicing that fact is what inspired me to join the forum properly  :P) I'm loving the addition of bone furniture, particularly beds, not only because most of my wood goes into making raiding ships and charcoal, but also because of the image of my swordmaster Uraks kicking back after a long day's slaughter on the remains of their past kills :D
Both you and Meph are heroes in my book  :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:53 am »

Hey, smake, how do you see the orcs?

I like to see them as honourbound warriors, standing for what their culture signifies against the menace of the unfeeling dwarves, vindictive elves, expansionist humans and depraved drow.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64