Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How to Bacon like a pro  (Read 62745 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How to Bacon like a pro
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »

Well no.  Aside from the risk of dying to zombies and the speed at which it must be done.  Zombies in 34 were easier to kill too . . .

Ideally you drop animals into a pit.  They bleed out.  A nearby necromancer reanimates it, and then gets his LOS broken.  You kill the critter, who is now buffed for strength to the point of providing more meat.  You butcher the critter fast.  Bacon.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 09:35:50 pm »

Worthwhile necro just for fixed images.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 10:06:31 am »

Will necromancers even raise corpses when not in combat? IIRC they don't anymore.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2015, 01:19:43 pm »

As far as I know, they will. Then again, I've been testing in arena, so...
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 06:48:46 pm »

Yes they will, I've cut limbs off of them in adventurer mode and had them reanimate it immediately.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2021, 03:06:33 pm »

A drowning then freezing chamber. Maybe by exposing the water to nether cap or ice walls. If thats possible and butchering animals that froze is possible in fort then its probably the better way of preservation especially if you can leave the frozen chamber static for a year and unfreeze it hopefully the bacon hasn't rotten in the ice. If its possible i think that's a fridge freezer.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2021, 09:48:23 pm »

Honestly I just leave food animals in a small walled-off section of the caverns with enough cave moss to graze on in perpetuity, then take from the endless breeding chamber as needed. I have been known to have a "male animals" section and a "female animals" section which I can breed from if I don't want the population explosion to be too massive.

That said, I had forgotten about the zombie bacon thread, thankyou for reminding me.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2021, 02:40:59 am »

A drowning then freezing chamber. Maybe by exposing the water to nether cap or ice walls. If thats possible and butchering animals that froze is possible in fort then its probably the better way of preservation especially if you can leave the frozen chamber static for a year and unfreeze it hopefully the bacon hasn't rotten in the ice. If its possible i think that's a fridge freezer.
With seasonal map freezing you could have a pretty reliable way of freeze preserving food. Or perhaps you could do it on a map with permanent freezing, and set up freezer rooms which you dig out every time you need access to food stores. Food preservation is mostly just a positive side effect of necromancy as the main benefit is the size, muscle, fat, aggression and possibly age increase, so you could make your own cool freezer setup

Honestly I just leave food animals in a small walled-off section of the caverns with enough cave moss to graze on in perpetuity, then take from the endless breeding chamber as needed. I have been known to have a "male animals" section and a "female animals" section which I can breed from if I don't want the population explosion to be too massive.

That said, I had forgotten about the zombie bacon thread, thankyou for reminding me.
Cheap and easy is usually always the best way, but it's nice to remember dwarfy overengineering every now and then ;D

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2021, 09:38:56 pm »

Posting for posterity.  I remember voting for this project 2 HoL's ago.  Dang it but I am old :-\  On a serious note; I thought that encasing, be it ice or obsidian, effectively destroys any items, even if the ice thaws instead of being mined.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2021, 09:39:06 am »

On a serious note; I thought that encasing, be it ice or obsidian, effectively destroys any items, even if the ice thaws instead of being mined.

Nope, but encased items still rot, so it won't work regardless.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2021, 05:25:04 am »

That's a shame
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]