Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [34.11]Nobles that should NOT be in Squads, No-Squaders  (Read 33270 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11]Nobles that should NOT be in Squads, No-Squaders
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 01:57:10 pm »

So, these are dwarves that should not be in squads that train. 

That is basically what the OP wants to determine, list all possible conflicts where noble tasks might interfere with being in an active squad.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 10:38:35 pm »

Panando and XXSockXX,

GREAT! Great info.  Your two posts up there clear up a ton of issues I had.  Now to work it into a WIKI format post.  Off to the drawing board.  I like how you guys separate Active from the Passive Noble tasks.  It could still help lots of folks to know if these were CIV or MIL jobs, especially when clamming up to face a siege, to put as many Dorf on duty as possible, while still scraping by with the Noble tasks. 

Especially Hammerer, his Noble task could go either way, couldn't it?

I was under the impression, all Nobles.. gave off the Pillar of Society thoughts, depending on Modesty.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 03:17:11 pm »

I guess the passive tasks are neither CIV nor MIL tasks, they are not tasks at all, more like game features. These also will not interfere with military duty.

The active tasks seem more like CIV than MIL tasks to me. They are all jobs that show up in the units menu (like "conduct meeting") with the exception of the champion.

I'm sure the Pillar of society thought comes from the champion. In one fort I had a Baron, King and General but had not appointed a Champion. Dwarfs started getting that thought 2 years later, when I appointed one. The reaction to the thought depends on wether the dwarf is put off by authority or likes it.

I have not enough experience with the Justice system, but I think the related tasks are supposed to work even if the Sheriff or Hammerer is not in a squad. Maybe someone else has tested this.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 05:15:38 am »

Sorry for Necro but it had to be done, came here from http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Squad#Nobles_in_Squads

is this still valid in the current 1.4 version?

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 03:48:40 pm »

Sorry for Necro but it had to be done, came here from http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Squad#Nobles_in_Squads

is this still valid in the current 1.4 version?
Current 1.4 version?? Current version is 0.40.24.
But yes, I guess it mainly still works so: some nobles can't do their nobly tasks when in military. My mayor is in one squad and while he is there he won't do any meetings (though he will try but the meeting doesn't occur properly, see this bugreport). So I just release him for a month or so each time some diplomat/liaison wants to have a talk and then reassign him to his squad.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 [2]