Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oceans and replenishing fisheries?  (Read 988 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oceans and replenishing fisheries?
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:50:08 pm »

I stopped using fisherdwarves a while back, but apparently rivers replenish fish stocks.  Maybe I just never gave my biomes enough time before fishing them dry.

Quote from: Magamwiki
stocks of fish in bodies of water that do not flow are currently non-renewable. Even large lakes may eventually run dry because of this bug, so the best source of fish is a river, into which fish are constantly both arriving and leaving, giving you a rolling stock to catch.

Anyone know if oceans act more like lakes or rivers for the purposes of longterm fishing?  I'm guessing lakes, since there's no flow, but it would be nice if waves also influenced this to some degree.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:58:20 pm by VerdantSF »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Oceans and replenishing fisheries?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »

Oceans can not run dry of fish, because ocean embarks are connected to the ocean from which fish and ocean creatures arrive and leave.

Don't worry about it, fish in the ocean and rivers wont run out within your playing time, it takes thousands of ingame years to fish the whole world dry if one is to believe Legends Viewer.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Oceans and replenishing fisheries?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:15:44 pm »

As long as the old bug is gone, then yeah it should technically take a LONG while before you run the risk of ever out fishing local stocks.