Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: /r/Dwarffortress's Succession Fort  (Read 6777 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: /r/Dwarffortress's Succession Fort
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 10:21:16 pm »

The Archmagus' Journal, 27th Opal of the Year 7

I've ordered a tree farm dug out in the diorite, 6 Zeds beneath the surface. I'm also having housing cut out on this level, including two small-scale mansions which can also be used to house multiple dwarves. For the matter of food, we have 379 units of plump helmets and a 150 prepared meals, mostly from the Giant Keas, with the popular ingredient in the prepared meals appears to be Giant Kea Tallow, which is better used in making soap; I have forbidden its use as an ingredient in meals. Births have boosted the population up to 57 dwarves.

With the brook now frozen and our wealth very near 200,000 Urists, I have had the fortress sealed off.

Archmagus Captain Mana's Log, 7th Obsidian of the Year 7

We're into my last month as leader of Belrimtar Nekol. I've noticed that for some strange reason, the grass on the Mountain does not regrow. In addition, fights were breaking out among animals so we had to take them outside; in order to fix this problem, I have called off work on the diorite layer to dig out an underground pasture within the castle limits, where the cave grasses will grow. I have also initiated project Make Me Some Fucking Cabinets, since we have none. I've also restarted project Make Me Something to Fucking Sleep On, as we have enough wood for beds now.

Minor Update, 16th Obsidian of the Year 7

Today, we finished the underground pasture. It will need some time for cave grass to grow in it, but its done. My actual reason for making this report is the lead miner, on completing the pasture, promptly stripped off and put on a single pig tail fibre sock from the clothing available. I'm concerned about sanity around here. Additionally, with alcohol running low once again, I have set up proper stills and am having drinks brewed as fast as we can make them. Finally, with project Make Me Some Fucking Cabinets finished, I'm starting project Make Me Some Fucking Chests.

The Archmagus' Captain Mana's Journal, 23rd Obsidian of the Year 7

We're less than a week away from the new year! I'm calling in all the animals to the underground pasture now.

Final Report by Captain Mana, Archmagus of Belrimtar Nekol, 28th Obsidian of the Year 7

As of tomorrow, I am stepping down as leader of Belrimtar Nekol, known to the humans as "The Grey Castle of Skulls". Over the last year, the fortress has undergone incredible growth, with a final population count of 56 dwarves (wonder if I miscounted earlier).

We have a total created wealth of 215,494 Urists, of which 6,400 Urists are in Armour and Clothing; 44,115 Urists are in Furniture; 38,533 are in Other Objects; 68,633 are in Architecture; 51,413 are displayed; and 6,400 are Held/Worn. Our total Imports stand at 49,801 Urists, and our total Exports stand at 9,355 Urists.

The installed plumbing system is working fine. We have two cisterns connected to the dining hall, where there are many wells. When future leaders want to expand the system, they can drain it out using the controls in the dining hall - be sure to switch off the intake from the brook before you do this! In the mining plans I have included a channel for water into the tree farm, and a potential control room (which can also be used for storage).

Our Total Food Stores are at 1018 units, of which none is in meat, 51 units are fish, 422 are plump helmets, 205 are seets, and 295 are other items such as prepared meals and cheese. We have 45 units of alcoholic drinks.

The breakdown of the population is as follows:
Miners: 1
Woodworkers: 1
Stoneworkers: 5
Rangers: 5
Metalsmiths: 3
Jewelers: 1
Craftsdwarves: 10
Nobles/Admins: 3
Peasants: None  8)
Dwarven Children: 7
Fishery Workers: 2
Farmers: 17  :o
Engineers: 1

We have no trained animals. We have 23 other animals.

We have two military Squads, The Earthen Cradles, lead by Kol Emathtosid, and The Order of the Thong, lead by myself. The squads have four dwarves each.

With that, its time to ROCK THIS FORTRESS IN THE DINING HALL.

That's it! Its done! The file can be found here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6726
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Dimez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 08:26:36 am »

Downloaded, i'll update this post when i have a report to show

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 09:10:02 am »

Interesting Observation: A lot of the people participating in this thread are Escaped Lunatics.
Hypothesis: The /r/Dwarffortress game is responsible for adding some new members to the Bay 12 Forums.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Lixels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 10:31:41 am »

Interesting Observation: A lot of the people participating in this thread are Escaped Lunatics.
Hypothesis: The /r/Dwarffortress game is responsible for adding some new members to the Bay 12 Forums.

Yes, that would be true. It was decided that reddit is not an acceptable place to run a succession fort, because of how it works. It was also decided that we use the forums and/or DropBox to run the succession fort, and here are your escaped lunatics! :)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 07:45:18 pm »

Hypothesis: If we start games on other forums, it will drag more players over here.

egrutt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 03:16:43 pm »

Another Loony for the Bin.

CollinVee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 04:46:51 am »

First venture into these forums! And as is the common trait of utter newbs, I'll start with a question!

... Can I still sign up? Or is this filled?

Lixels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 12:39:01 pm »

First venture into these forums! And as is the common trait of utter newbs, I'll start with a question!

Hey there! Of course you can sign up! The only catch being that the first spot available is 12, we're currently on 3. I'd be more than willing to put you down, but it'd be a rather long wait and there is a possibility that you may not even see your turn, just a fair warning! I'll put you down for 12, unless you want to change your mind :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:01:13 am by Lixels »

CollinVee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 06:23:53 pm »

Hey there! Of course you can sign up! The only catch being that the available spots available is 12, we're currently on 3. I'd be more than willing to put you down, but it'd be a rather long wait and there is a possibility that you may not even see your turn, just a fair warning! I'll put you down for 12, unless you want to change your mind :D

I don't mind at all! Quite frankly, I never expected to get a turn quickly in the first place ;)

egrutt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15:51 am »

When I get done with year 3 of alternate universe I will let you know.  We don't have a list for that one, just playing around with a different set up on same embarkment.

egrutt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 07:29:35 am »

Year 3 (yr. 8) is uploaded and diary uploaded.

egrutt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 03:43:31 pm »

Hey Captain Archmage, do you still have your save file?  Seems like no one has heard from Dimez and it's no longer in the drop box.  We want to press forward but need a save.  Thanks!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 06:48:39 pm »

Hey Captain Archmage, do you still have your save file?  Seems like no one has heard from Dimez and it's no longer in the drop box.  We want to press forward but need a save.  Thanks!

I've continued playing the save file from the last point just to see differences between my playstyle and the way it would turn out under the succession. We're up to the 3rd or 4th year of the fort's existence, and I can give you that, but logs would be hard to come by.

egrutt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 09:00:41 am »

Well it would be better than starting over.  Me and lixels have been doing a game off our embarkment group (under alt universe in drop box) I don't think it matters if you upload a log for year 3 as long as it gets the game going.  But it'd not my call.  We are only going on year four in ours if you feel your save isn't suitable to continue.

egrutt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 03:11:11 am »

OK saves states back up, who is going next?
Pages: 1 [2] 3