Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Waking Dwarfs (spoilers inside!)

(1/2) > >>

Geofferic:
(33b)Ok so I found an admantine vein and was tunneling that out, among many other things.  Very busy.  Well, low and behold, I found some kinda special room with dwarfs and humans and elfs and stuff on spikes and all sorts of badness and way down a bunch of stairs is a glowing pit or something.Ok so now I'm getting overrun by some different demons.As for the topic:  My entire military is asleep.  I got one recruit rushing to the rescue (hah!) and everyone else is napping.So after these things wipe me out ... in the future I was hoping to have a mechanism for waking these morons.  What about a water pump that pours water into the barracks?  Would they wake up if there was suddenly water everywhere?

RPB:
Water probably won't work. I've seen them sleep quite happily in chest-high water (4/7 to 5/7). Maybe if you flood the chamber completely to 7/7 they'll wake up, but you'll need a really good drain mechanism to prevent drowning.You could try capturing a relatively harmless animal (like a groundhog or something) and installing it in a cage in your barracks, then releasing it via lever when it's time to wake everyone up. I think wild animals cause sleeping to get canceled still. There's no guarantee they won't go right back to sleep as soon as it's out of sight, though.[ November 18, 2007: Message edited by: RPB ]

Geofferic:
Hmm that's a good option, too.Oh btw, the big red demon (only one of those) found the barracks first and, of course, roasted half my military before it could get to him.  He killed them all anyway even after they got to him.Then, lol, the diplomat left dissatisfied.  lol

Geofferic:
Oh lovely!Down to 8 dwarfs (from well over 100!) and hey, look who came to the party - Nganuz Oxdukaza, the dragon!Woo hoo!  It's a rout!

Turgid Bolk:
Who dares distrurb the sleep of the dwarves?  :mad:Just having them sleep in shifts would help, too. Instead of everyone sleeping at once.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version