Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Strange mood dwarf doomed?

(1/1)

ColonelTEE3:
Im sorry for having two questions in different threads so soon but i honestly could not find anything on the wiki about this.My fort is on a terrain where, after the first 2 layers of ground, it goes into water with the exception of a few very small areas, and i have no found any rock or stone at all. I've been fine so far, but my first strange mood dwarf popped up, and, of course, she wants stone -.-I heard they dont demand things that arent on the map. Is this not true? Or am i really going to have to do a mad dash excavation of the map to find stone so she can make some stupid little artifact mechanism to save her life.. I would really like to not lose her. Shes more or less the leader, and she's an amazing fighter (not to mention, the only one with any combat abilities, whatsoever). Again, i apollogize for two threads, within hours of each other.[ November 18, 2007: Message edited by: ColonelTEE3 ]

BurnedToast:
you are going to have to find some stone or lose her.I *think* any type of stone will do, but I'm not sure. So better get looking for some rocks!

THLawrence:
There is rock underneath the water. You hit an aquifer, they are a big problem to for some fortresses. To get past it look around the forum, there is half a dozen threads on getting past aquifers.Good luck. You'll need it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version