Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Colonizer.net V.1.001 (Redux)  (Read 7044 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Colonizer.net V.1.001 (Redux)
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2012, 01:11:02 am »

megopolis
Why would you do this to my brain?! It has already suffered too muuuuch!  :'(
'cuz I hate you. Post, later todayyy.
Basically this is a bump
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2012, 01:19:56 am »

[[Post will arrive sometime today. Is finished, merely requires a little tidying-up and a quick run by File.]]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:53:10 am by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 04:21:26 pm »

14 Bisa on Planet: Start Construction of the Kits
Lander: Fetch the 10 New Bisa, and the rifles.
10 new Bisa: Start building housing.

I'll be running the on-planet thingamajigs, I suppose.

Is this your final answer, everyone?

Lack of input is taken as "Yes!" So here we go...

The lander leaves, stranding the 14 bisia on the planet while it goes to gather up the 10 new bisia. They will arrive in (2) two updates.

Meanwhile, those left behind begin work on the kits. By the time the first kit is finished, and a water refinement and purification plant has been constructed to the best of their ability, strange sightings have been reported throughout the cove: In the jungle mists, and the smokey ash of the volcano, strange figures have been seen watching the group work from a distance. They are but silhouettes, for now. Quadrupedal, horned silhouettes.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 04:29:16 pm »

megopolis
Why would you do this to my brain?! It has already suffered too muuuuch!  :'(

[[Shhhhhhhh. Only comfort now. *shooshpap* Do not be distressed. I shall be sure to force dear File to run all posts by me before they are revealed unto the world from now on.

Also, it’s way after midnight and I’m feeling terribly nauseous as I type this. My dedication to delivering you quality co-GM entertainment knows no bounds.

Rules will not be explained unless File tells me to explain them. I’ll tell you two things, however: one, this portion of the game will be far more focused on the nitty-gritty details than the main thread, and two: Bisia can survive for up to two turns without any Provisions before beginning to starve. Everything else? Find out for yourselves peeps.~]]

Thicket
Thicket
Thicket
Moar Thicket

Night has fallen by the time you decide your destination, but it takes less than an hour to gather up the pack and move out. While it took the scout but two hours to travel to the thicket and back, it takes your whole pack nearly a week.

(13)

Either way, you arrive at the thicket in due time, loaded with supplies and provisions. The pups bound around the clearing energetically despite the long journey, batting at and playing with the small, irregular rock-like insects attached to the exposed roots like a cat at string. Lashing yourselves around the tree trunks and digging your claws in, you follow Darteyes up near the canopy and crawl through a narrow but flexible opening in the vegetation to find your paws walking on a springy floor of tangled vines and leaves and branches.

(11)

The pack takes the time to get everything up in the thickets and preserve the meat they butchered earlier before settling in for the evening, curling around each other in a great ball of fur. You think of all there is to be done tomorrow, and wonder what it is you’ll do:

Spoiler: Gather food? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gather resources? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fortify yourself? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Explore? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Overall Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leader Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:04:21 am by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2012, 08:49:25 pm »

This and,

• Order the construction of some houses immediately, use the natural branches and leaves of the trees as much as possible to save resources and cloak the houses from on lookers.
    • Build bridges between trees on the sturdier branches and cover the bottom with weaving branches of leaves to hide them from sight.
    • Half of the population is to do the building.
    • Ten should be armed and sent out to gather food and building supplies from the forest while using the time to scout as well
    • The remaining eight should begin crafting additional ranged weapons to fend off flying beasts, and constructing small fire pits in the houses. The fire pits should be built in small basins of wood covered in layer of dirt and stones atop that to protect it from lighting ablaze.
    [/color][/list]
    this.
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:58:06 pm by adwarf »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
    • Whoosh!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: July 29, 2012, 10:00:13 pm »

One Word: Treehouses

All hands on deck setting up lodges in the Canopy. Anybody who gets bored or troublesome can go gather food.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: July 29, 2012, 11:31:31 pm »

Edit: Please specify the planet or something. Seems I was responding to something that was meant for Deep. My bad.
    Update for 520, I forthcoming.

Also: Planet 520, I is now HARD MODE
    Good luck.
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:42:01 am by thatkid »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
    • Prince of Light
      • View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: July 30, 2012, 12:33:22 pm »

Red is for the colony plot Deep-kun is running.

Orange is for the colony plot Thatkid is running

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: July 30, 2012, 01:27:11 pm »

Your Bisia continue work on the last remaining kit, and begin to set up the Automated Bio-Farm Construction Kit.
    Unfortunately, communication cuts out half-way through the kit's construction...

Skipping Ahead...

The lander returns to an eerily quiet cove. Today, the mist from the water is thicker than ever, casting a near impenetrable fog across your landing zone. The ten, just children, armed with rifles, descend from their transport.
    The Water Refinement and Purification Plant stands tall by the water, an imposing monument to Bisiakind, a ghost among the mist standing beside the half-constructed shell of the Automated Bio-Farm. From within, the (1) sole survivor, of Fourteen, rushes out at the sound of the children's voices.

He brings with him tales of horror. Great four-legged beasts, a dark green fungi clinging to their wisp-like manes, came from within the jungle. His mate was pierced upon one of their horns right before his very eyes, and convulsed, frothing, like a creature possessed. The first to change, was their flanks, a marking appearing there, symbolizing their ownership among the hoard. And then the rest, those who had survived the initial attack, began to change as well. For each, the mark was the same: A metallic crescent, much like a horse shoe.
    They left him unharmed. As a messenger? Because they had already taken their fill? A simple oversight? He does not know. The dead were carted off into the jungles by the transformed, no doubt leaving to join their new masters.

Spoiler: 520, I (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
    • Whoosh!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: July 30, 2012, 01:51:10 pm »

5 Work on the farm, 5 work on fortified housing. Lander fetch some adults.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
    • Prince of Light
      • View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: July 31, 2012, 11:43:15 pm »

You guys suck at keeping this updated.

SO IT FALLS ON ME ONCE MORE.

Update tomorrow.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
    • Prince of Light
      • View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: August 02, 2012, 01:55:54 pm »

I suck at keeping this updated.

The seven aboard the ship begin to act twitchy and paranoid around one another upon hearing news from the landing site, and the lack of news from the colonists on the other inhabited planet. Most of the Bisia don't seem to be sleeping, but Jeckel doesn't seem to know why, and his people don't talk to him about it.

The children work on fortifying the only longhouse while they wait out the night, but a bump, bump, bumping interrupts their careful work, followed by a horn gouging the heart out of a youngling through the wall, sends them scrambling for the center of the room. The corpse leaves a trial of blood as it slides down the wall.

-1 pop unit

Please pick a leader.
    Spoiler: Canival 'Break-fang' (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Olkon Knife-claw (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 520, I (click to show/hide)
    [/quote]
    Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]