Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Drunk Fortress  (Read 66535 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Fortress
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2012, 07:49:54 pm »

Going all the way back to page 2;

Not that I've done much digging, but I'm pretty sure no one has dispatched military forces to deal with drunkards.

Well, you'd be wrong; The English crown dispatched large military forces to deal with drunkards on the other side of the Atlantic repeatedly. They didn't always fare as well as one would expect considering their opponents' average level of intoxication. There were a lot of drunkards... :P

I will not be participating in any mixture of intoxication and DF. Unless sleep deprivation counts.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2012, 09:51:58 pm »

Not that I've done much digging, but I'm pretty sure no one has dispatched military forces to deal with drunkards.

Well, you'd be wrong; The English crown dispatched large military forces to deal with drunkards on the other side of the Atlantic repeatedly. They didn't always fare as well as one would expect considering their opponents' average level of intoxication. There were a lot of drunkards... :P

I will not be participating in any mixture of intoxication and DF. Unless sleep deprivation counts.
It does, But I hope to find a intoxicating substitute. I wonder what it'd be like on LSD? I presume pretty much the same.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2012, 12:39:11 am »

It does, But I hope to find a intoxicating substitute. I wonder what it'd be like on LSD? I presume pretty much the same.

Yeah, except you'd probably have some difficulty paying attention to it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2012, 05:51:25 am »

Yeah, except you'd probably have some difficulty paying attention to it.
Sooo... exactly the same?

I wonder what other of the less out-there drugs would go well with DF. Stimulants I guess not; MDMA maybe? I really have no experience in the field :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:14 am »

MDMA is also stimulant-y. Every time I've done it, I get that whole 'clench your jaw, want to do everything!' feeling. It feels awesome, but that's pretty much all it is. You'd probably get more interested in how things feel, or painting or some random shit.

I think some downers might be good with it, in quantities small enough to not make you pass out. Xanax, for example, would be pretty cool to do while playing DF, except you might just want to fuck around cutting trees or something. Basically, you always run into the issue of shortened attention span. If you can get past that, it's all good.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2012, 01:39:22 am »

MDMA is also stimulant-y. Every time I've done it, I get that whole 'clench your jaw, want to do everything!' feeling. It feels awesome, but that's pretty much all it is. You'd probably get more interested in how things feel, or painting or some random shit.

I think some downers might be good with it, in quantities small enough to not make you pass out. Xanax, for example, would be pretty cool to do while playing DF, except you might just want to fuck around cutting trees or something. Basically, you always run into the issue of shortened attention span. If you can get past that, it's all good.
I already have a unaturally short attenti span. I leave projects for (in-game) months at a time.

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 16, 2012, 09:58:39 pm »

RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS! DO THINGS! DO THINGS!

Not conductive to sitting down and playing DF, no. :P

LSD, Shrooms and MDMA are as incompatible with DF as it gets.
However, LSA might work. It's less intense, and more 'dream world'ey than LSD. So might help you get into the roleplay aspect of it all?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 16, 2012, 10:00:21 pm »

Yeah, that might be a bit better for it. I think I could play some hella LSD Fortress myself, but drugs affect my mind strangely. Never had LSA, but I think I've heard of it.
He's fucking with us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2012, 11:15:36 pm »

Howsabout Nausea Fortress?

...Although it might fry your computer up if you vomit.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2012, 11:29:34 pm »

Nahh. Theres really no substitute for drunkenness but drunkenness.

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue admires magical items for their shininess
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »

I came for Drunk Fortress and I get a guy ranting about alcoholism and ruining everyone's fun. At least I'm getting educated on drugs.
Blue cancels Type Coherent Post: Crying Over Fictional Characters

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2012, 07:25:02 pm »

I came for Drunk Fortress and I get a guy ranting about alcoholism and ruining everyone's fun. At least I'm getting educated on drugs.
Read farther ahead. Then go to the Succesion fort.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2012, 03:39:39 am »

Oh man, I thought this thread died and instead we've got a succession fort going? Badass.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2012, 04:09:44 am »

Oh man, I thought this thread died and instead we've got a succession fort going? Badass.
Do we ever! Behind the times, my good penguin.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2012, 05:09:53 am »

Do we ever! Behind the times, my good penguin.
Could you post the link?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20