Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Drunk Fortress  (Read 65273 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Fortress
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 10:18:07 pm »

I also once took fifteen hits of acid and got raided by the cops. I still don't understand how someone can have a bad trip and I have never had a bad trip.

Out of all the things you've posted this is the most unbelievable. Not that I don't believe you since I don't think you'd have reason to lie, just... wow, man. You're either really ballsy or really lucky.

Also, for the most recent rules posted
Non lethal variant:

Take a sip of a beer every time you get a:
Migrant wave
Newborn baby
Newborn animal
Season change
Masterwork Item

Take a shot every time:
Your military is destroyed
Tantrum spiral
Loyalty Cascade
Megabeast/titan arrives
You find a vampire/necro

Play one year at a time only. Do not play more than one year, as playing more than one year has been proven to be lethal in 90% of all test subjects. Do not substitute some sort of mixed drink for the beer. You will die.

I'm pretty sure lategame legendary dwarves will kill you with masterwork items. 30 sips of beer at a time because of your clothier is a lot of alcohol. I'd replace that with one shot per artifact.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »

I also once took fifteen hits of acid and got raided by the cops. I still don't understand how someone can have a bad trip and I have never had a bad trip.

Out of all the things you've posted this is the most unbelievable. Not that I don't believe you since I don't think you'd have reason to lie, just... wow, man. You're either really ballsy or really lucky.

If I had to say one or the other, I'd say lucky. But I really think that I just have the proper mindset for taking LSD, as well as being a naturally very, very calm person, even under extreme stress.

Non lethal variant:

Migrant wave
Newborn baby
Newborn animal
Season change
Masterwork Item

Take a shot every time:
Tantrum spiral
Loyalty Cascade
Megabeast/titan arrives
You find a vampire/necro

Play one year at a time only. Do not play more than one year, as playing more than one year has been proven to be lethal in 90% of all test subjects. Do not substitute some sort of mixed drink for the beer. You will die.

I'm pretty sure lategame legendary dwarves will kill you with masterwork items. 30 sips of beer at a time because of your clothier is a lot of alcohol. I'd replace that with one shot per artifact.

This is probably a good idea. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 10:53:00 pm »

Saying alcholhol is more dangerous than Heroine (or similarlyh dangerous) is like saying being locked into a cage with seven starving tigers is safer then driving a car.

And please tell me that the nations of the world still have hemp farms for legitimate usages. Isn't there a strain that doesn't produce THC?

OT: I don't drink, think alchohol tases like shit, and think the effects are terrible to boot. I've never been drunk, however, and my dad only let me taste alchohol way, way back, so... So I took one sip and spat it on the floor. BLECH. Dad was pissed.

Still, I'm not a fan of drugs in general. I'm for legalizing marijuana only because it would turn a financial drain into a financial gain, as well as making the drug likely cleaner and thus less random shit in your "organical" pot. 'Course, if I thought it would work, I'd ban everything from tabacco to Bath Salts, but that'd work about as well as a slinky falling uphill.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 11:07:53 pm »

Saying alcholhol is more dangerous than Heroine (or similarlyh dangerous) is like saying being locked into a cage with seven starving tigers is safer then driving a car.

And please tell me that the nations of the world still have hemp farms for legitimate usages. Isn't there a strain that doesn't produce THC?

OT: I don't drink, think alchohol tases like shit, and think the effects are terrible to boot. I've never been drunk, however, and my dad only let me taste alchohol way, way back, so... So I took one sip and spat it on the floor. BLECH. Dad was pissed.

Still, I'm not a fan of drugs in general. I'm for legalizing marijuana only because it would turn a financial drain into a financial gain, as well as making the drug likely cleaner and thus less random shit in your "organical" pot. 'Course, if I thought it would work, I'd ban everything from tabacco to Bath Salts, but that'd work about as well as a slinky falling uphill.

Texas rope-a-dope aka Cannabis Ruderalis has no THC content whatsoever.
People don't drink for the taste. :P
No comment.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 01:04:56 am »

Non lethal variant:

Migrant wave
Newborn baby
Newborn animal
Season change
Masterwork Item

Take a shot every time:
Tantrum spiral
Loyalty Cascade
Megabeast/titan arrives
You find a vampire/necro

For some reason I originally read "masterwork" as "artifact." I think artifacts are much more realistic in the context of Drunk Fortress. Good call Honor, I think I'll use it!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 01:36:58 am »

Someone calling me Honor for short and not Penguin? I can honestly say that's never happened before.

Also I'm not sure if it's better to drink for success (artifacts, military victories, noble deaths), failure (civilian deaths, losses, tantrum spirals), or inevitable events (babies, seasons, caravans). Maybe a mix of all three is best.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 02:01:10 am »

Someone calling me Honor for short and not Penguin? I can honestly say that's never happened before.

Also I'm not sure if it's better to drink for success (artifacts, military victories, noble deaths), failure (civilian deaths, losses, tantrum spirals), or inevitable events (babies, seasons, caravans). Maybe a mix of all three is best.

Well of, if you ask me, the rule's "If it's worth noting, it's worth drinking to." Good rule in life, good rule in Drunk Fortress.

Yes, I just called you of. Deal with it.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 02:58:30 am »

Hmm. Maybe the whole system needs some reworking... I should look it over after playing a year or three. That might help get those creative drunken juices flowing.

Oh, and I like the name Honor. Also, there are lots of "Penguins." Or at least avatars of penguins.

Well of, if you ask me, the rule's "If it's worth noting, it's worth drinking to." Good rule in life, good rule in Drunk Fortress.

You're just here to incite dissent, aren't you Sand?!

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 06:04:05 am »

You're just here to incite dissent, aren't you Sand?!

Looks like you found me out, my dear Ami. Touché.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 07:07:01 am »

My method for finding out how dangerous a drug is follows thus:

Has a team of american navy seals/marines been dispatched due to problems created by {insert drug here}?
If yes, drug is dangerous.

Not that I've done much digging, but I'm pretty sure no one has dispatched military forces to deal with drunkards.

Is there an ongoing war revolved around {insert drug here}?
If yes, drug is dangerous.

I think vodka may have had one in the past...

Hi sir. I heard you encourage authoritary invasions on sovereign countries, such as Iraq.
USA have never done anything right with their military. Ever.

I'm bad at making comparisons but you guys are worse.

Back to the topic, I missed what the shots are. Vodka, scotch? Too bad you don't have Cachaça, it is much better than vodka.
Is it going to be a succession fort? I really forgot what this is all about. I'm still interested on drunk people running drunk dorfs. I remember gaming drunk and it was hilarious, but it was much simpler games such as DotA, TF2 and WoW (this one was particularly hilarious, once I got stuck trying to do a quest and couldn't find my body no matter what, whenever I found it I would just die again and it went on until I gave up and went to bed).
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 10:05:39 am »

I don't drink, and I don't really play DF anymore, but god damn.  For being non-habit forming, pot seems to make a lot of people unable to discuss it without it turning into a page-long extolling of its virtues and demonizing of tobacco/alcohol.

Shoes...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:49 am »

So they do things left instead? :P [/kidding]

On-topic: I would be all for this if I wasn't so poor! I think motor control would be a problem for me, though.  :-\ I've been drunk all of one time, but I progressed quite rapidly from 'Warm fuzzy glow' to "Whoah ahahaha I'm walking into things!" to 'laughing and crying intermittently' to 'asleep/unconscious'. :o
Not sure if that's normal, but oh well! I am sure it would work with a healthy dose of Dwarf Fortress involved!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 10:16:22 am »

This thread needs less rants about drug culture and more boozed up humans god-moding boozed up short mountain-people.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 10:43:13 am »

I don't drink, and I don't really play DF anymore.

You're on the wrong thread mate. Maybe wrong forum.

So they do things left instead? :P [/kidding]

It must be left.

This thread needs less rants about drug culture and more boozed up humans god-moding boozed up short mountain-people.

I totally agree. But derailment is a natural course for a thread.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 10:56:20 am »

I don't drink, and I don't really play DF anymore.

You're on the wrong thread mate. Maybe wrong forum.

No, the lower boards are alot less DF-y.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20