Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Drunk Fortress  (Read 65251 times)

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Fortress
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:51 am »

I don't drink, and I don't really play DF anymore.

You're on the wrong thread mate. Maybe wrong forum.

No, the lower boards are alot less DF-y.

You too.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:49 am »

Thats because i dont really play DF anymore.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2012, 01:58:13 pm »

I must say I've never played Drunk Fortress before, though the idea has occurred to me. I've even gotten to the point of opening my DF folder, but the task of choosing whether or not I wanted to play a mod proved to be too daunting for my alcohol-addled brain.

I am clearly no dwarf.

I have, however, played DF high (pot, nothing more). I know, I know, I've read the thread (mostly), and I clearly see there's plenty of negative opinion on the idea of drug use. However, if you already use, I'd suggest trying it out. Especially in ASCII. My best forts have been created under the influence, as bad as that sounds.

I just want to note, I am in no way trying to influence anyone to start using any sort of substance, legal or otherwise. Just noting my previous experience.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 11:01:34 pm »

I must say I've never played Drunk Fortress before, though the idea has occurred to me. I've even gotten to the point of opening my DF folder, but the task of choosing whether or not I wanted to play a mod proved to be too daunting for my alcohol-addled brain.

I am clearly no dwarf.

I have, however, played DF high (pot, nothing more). I know, I know, I've read the thread (mostly), and I clearly see there's plenty of negative opinion on the idea of drug use. However, if you already use, I'd suggest trying it out. Especially in ASCII. My best forts have been created under the influence, as bad as that sounds.

I just want to note, I am in no way trying to influence anyone to start using any sort of substance, legal or otherwise. Just noting my previous experience.

This is good. That is all the discussion of drugs should be. 'I do them, yes, they're bad and evil and all that shit, don't do them. But if you do already...'

On topic: I think the biggest impediment to playing Drunk Fortress may be drinking itself. I'd probably just move a case of beer right next to the computer and have a bag for cans on the other side for efficiency sake.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »

I don't drink, and I don't really play DF anymore, but god damn.  For being non-habit forming, pot seems to make a lot of people unable to discuss it without it turning into a page-long extolling of its virtues and demonizing of tobacco/alcohol.

How about this:

Pot is cool stuff. About as nice and about as addictive as alcohol.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:48 pm »

Indeed. The only reason you don't get withdrawals from it is because it binds to your fat lipids and releases itself slowly as the fat is burned up, presumably over about thirty days. Thus, the withdrawal symptoms are much less severe and typically not noticed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 12:59:36 am »

That's odd because i've heard that theres some emotional instability involved with short term withdrawl to pot, my father always seemed to have mood swings when it was about time to light up again.He was a pretty heavy user though.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 06:18:29 am »

Weed addiction is most comparable to caffeine addiction. It has similar withdrawal symptomns and addiction ratio.

Many things are addictive, not necessarily psychoative drugs.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:26:31 am by Wellincolin »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

Weed addiction is most comparable to caffeine addiction. It has similar withdrawal symptomns and addiction ratio.

Pot is not only a psychoactive drug, it is a very complicated drug. It is a stimulant, a depressent, and a hallucinogen all in one. It has something like three hundred active cannabinoids that get you high, explaining the various 'strains' of marijuana.
It also makes an utterly retarded amount of tar when you smoke it.
I digress though, we should really stay on topic. :/ Unless you want me to make a drug discussion thread in General Discussion, I suggest we abandon this line of conversation.
He's fucking with us.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 12:14:15 pm »

Pot is not only a psychoactive drug, it is a very complicated drug. It is a stimulant, a depressent, and a hallucinogen all in one. It has something like three hundred active cannabinoids that get you high, explaining the various 'strains' of marijuana.
It also makes an utterly retarded amount of tar when you smoke it.
I digress though, we should really stay on topic. :/ Unless you want me to make a drug discussion thread in General Discussion, I suggest we abandon this line of conversation.

I'm afraid this thread is long-gone due to derailment, which is common, as we know. I agree, Cannabis is indeed a very complicated plant, given that there are numberous cannabinoid receptors all through our body and they react in an unique way with THC/CBD, which in my opinion makes it a little more intriguing and attractive.

Granted, I admit it is not caffeine, it is highly comparable though. Different strains can have widely variant effects indeed, making it even "better" for the user, since it can get a strain adapted to it's needs (therapeutically talking, you could use a stimulant strain if you're depressed and vice-versa) and not only for hunger problems.

I wish it was legalized not for the sake of everyone consuming it mindlessly, but for researches to be more efficient. Right now, there can't be done much science on it since it's mostly prohibited.

About the tar... Since I don't do paper anymore (I have a few pure-hemp leaves but that's all) and I use mostly bong, dude... This is hell. It gets permanently sticked into anything it touches, I swear it is the stickiest thing ever, and it smells BAD.
Actually tar is my biggest complain about cannabis.

It is not completely derailed though, since this thread was made on General Discussion and it is for general discussion matters, OP was curious to know if there were more people up to a Drunk Fortress and there are, so if he wants he could still use this thread for deciding the rules and whatnots and then just make another thread for the bloodline itself.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 09:59:19 am »

ok back to what this thread is about...
gettin drunk and playing DF!
Every time you get a migrant wave take a sip of beer.
every time a dwarf dies take a shot.
every seige drink some vodka.
every caravan you get take a sip of beer.
every caravan you kill finish your curent drink!!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

every time a dwarf dies take a shot...
every caravan you kill finish your curent drink!!
Sorry, I don't feel like dying. A loyalty cascade would give a russian alcohol poisoning.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »

I just bought a bottle of something and I was thinking about playing DF while drinking and decided it's probably not a good idea.  Ended up playing a little Diablo 3 instead, which was also probably not a good idea but for different reasons.

On a side note something being 'organic' doesn't mean something is good for you.  Hemlock is organic.  Nightshade is organic.  Baconators, while perhaps nominally nutritious, are organic.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2012, 06:50:25 pm »

Don't you dare even contemplate inferring Baconators aren't good for us. They help build our fat layer, and as we all know, fat is the greatest armor.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2012, 12:15:41 am »

Don't you dare even contemplate inferring Baconators aren't good for us. They help build our fat layer, and as we all know, fat is the greatest armor.

And our greatest weakness at the same time. *American sadface*
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20