Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77

Author Topic: (RP) A Change of Scenery (Kickstarted with TENACITY!!)  (Read 146252 times)

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
(RP) A Change of Scenery (Kickstarted with TENACITY!!)
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »

To the Out Of Character Thread.
To the "A Change of Scenery" Wiki.

In a green field, the lush trees shine with a hue of light blue and a box waits in the center of the meadow. Around it, a confusing contraption have been made, formed from a circle made of small pedestals. The cube seems to go into itself continuously and the pedestals are without any design of any note. Through a mysterious series of events, 8 people from other worlds will be gathered today in this lush meadow. Their journey will be hard, but the result might just be worth it. Or is it? Who knows. In the world of Daros, anything can be possible. Who will enter the fields? That is for you to decide.

Welcome to the RP "A Change of Scenery"! This will be my second attempt at doing something on these forums and my fifth or so attempt at doing an RP! The others failed because of slow players. Because of this, I would like people who can actually keep a schedule to be here and ready to post, instead of having to wait 4 weeks for a two word update.

What awaits inside this story is still a mystery, but it involves tons of crafting, surviving and in general finding out what the heck is actually going on. So why don't we look at the character creation first?

Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Living Characters

1. Caellath Nikolai Amsel

2. Freeformschooler Queen

3. Tiruin Aidan Faolán

4. Burkhart R.E.G.I.S.

5. Fortis Bowser Koopa

6. Evergod41 Cora Tealeaf

7. Dermonster Dell Conagher (TF2 Engineer)

8. Blade Master Model 42 Garek Vitrowa

Grim Chest Stored Characters:

X. Digital Hellhound Captain Seuche Maratan

4. Dwarmin Sadie Coldshoal

Fallen Characters:

X. Skyrunner Kaina

Rules of engagement:
  • Not everything will be illustrated, as that would be unnecessary fiddling.
  • Dont make your character move alone. Even tough guys like bowser will die if he's alone for too long. This was a tip. You probably wont get any more.
  • When making an action, make the action be Bolded. That makes it much easier for me to locate the action.
  • When taking action, I will handle a reaction, so don't go do the most intricate 5 page combo of movements, or you might just flip over some kind of cliff edge due to sheer amount of insane movement.
  • Talking is a free action. It does not need a reaction from me, though if you talk a lot I will note on it. Doesn't stop you guys from talking.
  • When 5 out of 8 people have posted, the story can continue. It will after a little while, which should at most be 2 days.
  • If you do not react or post with anything 3 turns in a row, the grim reaper comes for your character and you are slain instantly, freeing up a spot for a new player.
  • All dicerolls and in fact the system itself is handled by me. Of course by definition you will get to understand how it works just by playing.
  • Have fun. It's just a game. No need to go insane because someone can identify your slave collar even though you are obviously a slave but also a sourpuss about it.
  • More rules could be added as time goes on.

Character Statuskill Books:

Spoiler: Aidan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bowser (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cora (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nikolai (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Queen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: R.E.G.I.S. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Garek (click to show/hide)

-------------------------
Resting in the Grim Chest:
-------------------------

Spoiler: Seuche (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sadie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:04:24 pm by Dexexe1234 »

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RP) A Change of Scenery (4 open seats, 4 VIPs waiting to claim)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:18:01 pm »

Here.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:44:34 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 08:23:07 pm »

Player Name: Dwarmin
Character Name: Sadie Coldshoal
Race: Merperson/A race of undersea dwellers, with the lower tails of fish and the upper bodies of humanoids. Depending on their environment, they can manifest a pair of legs for walking on land, or gills for spending long times undersea-likewise, when underwater they develop a bony 'helmet' on their heads, given them a shark like appearance and when on land they sprout hair on their bodies the color of kelp. Their skin is typically pale white on their stomachs, and grey, black, brown or blue.

Her own world is analagous to 20th Century earth, except for the inclusion of fantastic beings such as herself.
Class: Biologist

Basic/Note Data: Sadie is taller than an average Human at full height-almost eight feet-but her light bone structure makes her lighter than might be expected. The front of her body is pure snowy white dotted with grey-black spackles, skin merging perfectly into a dark blue back that goes from the top of her head, down to her feet. Her other features are distinctly Human. When swimming, she develops a powerful tail, and her eyes are jet black, covered by nictitating membranes. On land, she develops a pair of long legs, and her eyes resemble those of a human-with white pupils and green irises. Her hair is long, stringy and shaded soft moss green.

Bio: Sadie is, at heart, something of an explorer. She has never been comfortable staying at home and working an easy life. From an early age, she would swim from home as often as she could, exploring the oceans around her-and eventually the lands, which were far more dangerous. Sadie developed a certain interest in plants and herbs, and made a habit of collecting them as she travelled-some to bring back to her people for food or medicine, others to spread seeds and spores-for she had a love of all growing and living things. For her decisions, she was considered quite odd. Merfolk are, after all, a fairly conservative people...but the field of Biology was always her calling. She often helped the local Humans when they were having problems fishing-almost always because of pollution from local 'manufacutories'-and calmed her peoples somewhat irrational tempers.

Changing Scenery: Sadie's story was perhaps not epic in scope. She was chased by a cranky Giant Squid (honestly, she tried to say hello) into a strangely glowing cave, and the cave went a bit deeper than she might have thought...Sadie felt a strong undertow she was helpless against, and it pulled her down, down, down...

Advanced
Abilities: Herbalism, Animal Care, Health Care, Exploration, Alchemy, Science, Diplomacy
Stats:
Health Part: 4
Magick Part: 4
Aggression: 2
Fortitude: 2
Nimble: 3
Brilliance: 7
Spirit: 3
Awareness: 7
Companionship: 4
Allure: 4
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:09:31 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:27:28 pm »

Cae, what do you mean by the time I'm on? :P I'm always on*. Anyways, post for reservation.

*lies.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:28:45 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Burkhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »

I'm in. Making character now.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:18:56 pm by Burkhart »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »

Spoiler: Queen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:50:01 pm by freeformschooler »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:02:21 pm »

Are any of those that are joining now the aforementioned VIPs? Cause if there's open seats available, I'd like one.

Plus, since you mentioned super mario bros, I'm totally tempted to RP Bowser just for something different.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:03:38 pm »

FFS and Cael are VIPs. So you would take the final spot Fortis!

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 09:07:16 pm »

Finished my sheet, Dex.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 09:08:43 pm »

Profile done. Lemme know if it's good.

Basic
Player Name: Fortis
Character Name: Bowser
Race: Koopa
Class: Overlord
Basic/Note Data: Bowser, being the giant turtle he is, clocks in at nine feet tall and weighing over 500 pounds.  See the picture for appearance details.
Bio: Bowser is the king, dictator, and supreme ruler of the Koopa Kingdom, and soon to be ruler of the whole world as well. He commands his soldiers and populace with an iron fist, and doesn’t tolerate insubordination or disrespect. His sheer brute strength and toughness is matched only by his stellar sized ego and pride. That said, Bowser does have some redeeming traits. He has earned the genuine respect of his troops, and has shown a perseverance and a refusal to give up and surrender. He also isn’t afraid to try new and novel ways to achieve his goals, experimenting with the likes of sorcery, UFO’s, airships. Lastly, he does have a sense of tactics, and is fond of dividing and conquering.  And kidnapping princesses.

Changing Scenery: It had been the most brilliant of plans, foiled by the most damnable of bad fortune! Everything had been going his way, he had claimed the mushroom kingdom, captured the princess, all the basics. He was about to have the final showdown with his hated rival Mario on the drawbridge over the lava pool. He had been sure to win this time! But somehow, Mario cheated and managed to collapse the drawbridge with him on it! (Note to self. This happens with alarming regularity. Toss current royal engineer into the lava, and find a replacement.) A brief, humiliating lava bath later, Bowser had been forced to flee in ignoble defeat. Diving into a warp pipe, he was supposed to be warped back to the safety of his own fortress. But misfortune had struck yet again! The warp pipe had not led to his home, but instead deposited him within this bizarre new realm.

Advanced
Abilities: Fire/lava resistance, Fire breath, Natural weapons, Star based sorcery, Durable shell, Strategy and Tactics, Monster affinity, Kart racing.
Stats:
Health Part: 7
Magick Part: 3
Aggression: 6
Fortitude: 6
Nimble: 2
Brilliance: 4
Spirit: 4
Awareness: 3
Companionship: 3
Allure: 2
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:33:19 pm by Fortis »

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 11:04:16 pm »

Updated the first post with what characters there are ready. They all work BTW.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 12:06:25 am »

Spoiler: Sheet! (click to show/hide)

Hold up!

Spoiler: What we have (click to show/hide)

((Excuse me if I use my native lettering (even though I intend to cover it up when in anyone else's presence and if it matters at all). :3

I blame my history and literature.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:06:09 pm by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RP) A Change of Scenery (All spots claimed, waiting for characters)
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:38 am »

Err, I only have access to an iPad at the moment so this might take a awhile. I'm totally in, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 03:36:40 am »

Basic
Player Name: Digital Hellhound

Character Name: Captain Seuche Maratan

Race: Mahandi - one of the many variants of man spawned in the dawns of time. As such, differences from that baseline species are largely external. Mahandi possess an extra pair of arms and have smooth skin in various hues of blue and red. They are generally taller and larger in bulk than humans. Mahandi originally hailed from the dying world of the Sunken Lands, but can today be found just about everywhere.

Class: Shattership Captain/Privateer

Basic/Note Data: Captain Maratan stands slightly over two metres tall. Her skin is bright sky blue, with white markings around her arms (simple lines looking like they're bound tight around them) and on her forehead and all palms. She's clad in a sleeveless leather longcoat and has a battered captain's hat sitting on her black, curly hair.

Bio: The Captain is adventurous and thrives on danger. She's loyal to her current employer - to an extent - and devoted to her now-lost crew, as well as her distant family in the hub world of Hychis. The loss of her ship and crew, and with them the fastest way home, may have robbed Maratan of her usual happy demeanor.

As a shattership captain, Maratan is no stranger to crossing worlds and dimensions. Like others of her profession, she's torn holes in the fabric of reality with crude magics to ferry passengers or cargo through for most of her adult life, or, depending on the whims of her employers, preyed upon others as an interdimensional privateer. She's both seen things no-one should ever see and experienced pleasures few in the worlds have.

Changing Scenery: Navigating the broken, stretched-thin space between worlds is fraught with danger, but Maratan had always evaded it before. From fellow captains and interdimensional travellers, to vast void-predators made out of sparkling nebulae and dead suns, to old gods and new, and unspeakable things that feed on hope, the Captain has always kept her fragile vessel safe from harm - until now. The attack was too sudden for her to even react, and sent the crew and ship scattered on the mercies of world-winds. She can only hope her ship and crew ended up in the same world as her.

Advanced
Abilities: Commanding and flying an interdimensional ship, using, analyzing and repurposing all kinds of magical artifacts, the use of enhanced and mundane pistols, muskets and swords.
Stats:
Health Part: 4
Magick Part: 2
Aggression: 4
Fortitude: 4
Nimble: 6
Brilliance: 4
Spirit: 5
Awareness: 4
Companionship: 4
Allure: 3

I think that's right. Ghnn, I hate iPads.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:57 am »

Sssssh! Its a secret to most of us!

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77