Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Decided to take up Piano again  (Read 782 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Decided to take up Piano again
« on: October 20, 2012, 11:01:13 pm »

When I was young, my mother forced me to take piano lessons and I absolutely hated it.  I never practiced and never got much better after a while.  But after years of having a piano sitting around doing nothing I've decided to try and learn it for myself.  Obviously this isn't going t be an easy task and was looking for a little help in general.  Maybe what things to practice and what bad habits not to make? 

More importantly though, I want to learn to play music that I like.  Artists like Crash Kings, Relient K, and Twenty one Pilots, are all bands I can think of that use a keyboard or Piano, and that I like.  Anyways, I was wondering where I can go to get sheet music or other things to learn how to play some of their songs.  I'd really appreciate your guys' help!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

kääpiö

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decided to take up Piano again
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:43:20 am »

I believe that from Ultimate Guitar (yes it says guitar but that's not relevant) You can find lots of tabs (yes, guitar tabs) for their songs. If you find Guitar Pro (guitar again) tabs, download Tuxguitar (free guitartabbing program) and view them with it. In pop music usually there's guitar that you can play with piano. I've learnt lots of songs like this: 1) choose song. 2) Get tabs. 3) Think of them as sheet notes. 4) Play it on piano.