Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 100 Degrees - A community game  (Read 8140 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: 100 Degrees - A community game
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 03:15:18 am »

Been having more issues with my computer which required a new HDD for desktop :'( Just now got it into a runnable state about 20 minutes ago with all of my developmental programs on it but the progress I had made is now lost. Thankfully most of it was small tweaks to a single underlying set of algorithms which I have a basic written copy of still so I should be back to my previous level of work in the next day or so.

Sorry for lack of being around and the further lack of progress. Looking back over my notes, and thinking about what I had for my algorithm to generate the noise, I just took a look at the last webplayer I put up and it is exceedingly inefficient. It shouldn't need more than maybe 5-6 octaves of surface noise to look decent so that's the first thing that I am going to be working through when I get it up and running again.

@The Fool: possibly also some really basic tools that are shaped to be graspable by what Nirur described?
@Robocorn: Always looking for more modelers :D Will likely need rigging and animation work soon as well for the robot: Walking, turning, picking up and wielding tools / other objects.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
Re: 100 Degrees - A community game
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 09:25:17 am »

Nirur Torir sent me a message asking if I'd be willing to do concept art. I can do that. Is there anything I should focus on right now?
I'd like to help in some way if you need it. I'm a half-decent modeler and unwrapper, and I can do some rigging and animation if you need that kind of thing.
Welcome! We're glad to have you on the team. There's usually someone in the irc room, at least in the evenings, so feel free to join us there. Thanks for the help.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games
Pages: 1 2 [3]