Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [34.11](WTTR)Wagon Trap Traveling Restriction  (Read 979 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
[34.11](WTTR)Wagon Trap Traveling Restriction
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »

With the new, wagon trap traveling restriction(WTTR), could it be possible to make DF fortress play delay the decision to bypass our fortress a few hundred milsecs, instead of the way it is now, an instantaneously decision?  This would be a boon to my play style, and a helper, in order for any player to lower his/her drawbridge, in preparation for a caravan wagon trader visit?  Caravan wagon traders do have scouts, and scouts do travel up to fortresses, from time to time, and shout verbatim up the walls.  Isn't that, shouting up at arrow slits, windows, and peek-a-boo holes, how Princess Brides with long braided hair-dos are found?  So my thinking is why couldn't a little bit of interaction be included during the pause, prior to the pause, or just plain after the pause, but before the wagons leave, to lower a gate or two, to make a Depot affordable?  Thanks, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11](WTTR)Wagon Trap Traveling Restriction
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:55:31 pm »

I really support this idea.

One possibility would be that, when the caravan arrives and the wagons don't have any access to depot, the player would get a message and a question whether the wagons should wait for the access to become available or just turn away and leave the area. This way the player would have enough time to lower the bridge or even cut down some nasty trees that are suddenly blocking the route to the depot.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."