Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88

Author Topic: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies  (Read 130302 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies
« Reply #1050 on: October 22, 2015, 01:04:20 pm »

In Inception, how were the dreams synchronized between dreamers? The only connection is a hypodermic hose thing.

Also, the brain processing speed exponential increase really bugs me.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 22, 2015, 05:27:56 pm »

This thread is gonna explode the moment the new star wars comes out.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 22, 2015, 06:09:07 pm »

This thread is gonna explode the moment the new star wars comes out.

In J.J. we trust.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 22, 2015, 06:17:48 pm »

If it's not as bad as The Phantom Menace, then I swear to God that I will not complain.

I want to belieeeeeeeve.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 22, 2015, 06:21:39 pm »

Well this is the "Nitpicks that ruined movies" thread

Not the "Terrible movies are terrible" thread :P

Hense why there wasn't a huge Fantastic Four discussion.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 22, 2015, 06:38:10 pm »

If it's not as bad as The Phantom Menace, then I swear to God that I will not complain.

I want to belieeeeeeeve.

Oh boy, don't get me started. Phantom Menace is easily the best of the prequels and, without Jar Jar, a pretty good movie. Pod Racing, Darth Maul, the droid army reveal, cool as fuck jedi, bro what more do you want? Episode I is the piece of media that made me fall in love with sci-fi.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 22, 2015, 09:01:05 pm »

I didn't even mind Jar Jar all that much.

He was the comic relief guy... only everyone was plenty relieved enough already thank you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 23, 2015, 05:36:57 am »

I want to belieeeeeeeve.

Oh boy, don't get me started. Phantom Menace is easily the best of the prequels and, without Jar Jar, a pretty good movie. Pod Racing, Darth Maul, the droid army reveal, cool as fuck jedi, bro what more do you want? Episode I is the piece of media that made me fall in love with sci-fi.
Can you feel that? That disturbance in the force, as if millions of sci-fi fans suddenly cried in terror?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 23, 2015, 07:26:19 am »

It wasn't such a disaster as people claim it is. Thing is it didn't meet most people expectations and well it had some really big shoes to fill, but to each it's own. My wife actually likes the prequels more than the sequels for example.

The midiclorians and jarjar are two things that where very annoying but something you can simply dismiss. If you wanna have a laugh go ahead and read this: 78 Reasons to Hate Star Wars Episode I, The Phantom Menace it accurately pin point most flaws of the movie with a lot of humour.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 23, 2015, 08:22:06 am »

To paraphrase my friend, Revenge of the Sith is the worst of the prequels because it manages to kill two of the most badass characters in the series, Windu and Dooku. After that it's all downhill and there's no way it can improve, even if they tried, they can't bring Lee back to life xd
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 23, 2015, 09:03:53 am »

To paraphrase my friend, Revenge of the Sith is the worst of the prequels because it manages to kill two of the most badass characters in the series, Windu and Dooku. After that it's all downhill and there's no way it can improve, even if they tried, they can't bring Lee back to life xd
That could be, but I jizzed at the starting scene. I play a lot the mod republic at war for the game empire at war only to recapture that feeling on the space battle.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 23, 2015, 09:04:40 am »

they can't bring Lee back to life xd
Lee did have a tendency to magically levitate and spin his enemies, that year, though...

Not his fault, but somewhat distracting to not just get typecast as the rogue wizard kind but to basically repeat a scene just with different robes...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 23, 2015, 12:22:55 pm »

I didn't even mind Jar Jar all that much.

He was the comic relief guy... only everyone was plenty relieved enough already thank you.

Yeah, I don't get why people hated him so much. At least he wasn't an ewok.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 23, 2015, 02:06:36 pm »

even if they tried, they can't bring Lee back to life xd
But we can through the power of modern technology! They already brought that dead actor back in Fast & Furious 7 and everything! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 24, 2015, 06:26:05 am »

Doesn't that break the actor's "right to their likeness" or whatever it is called?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88