Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just completed Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 1821 times)

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
  • NOW I AM ONE WITH THE COSMOS
    • View Profile
Just completed Liberal Crime Squad
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »

First win, 9 hours after I downloaded it. Yes. I spent 9 hours in a row playing LCS. Great game.
After many unsuccessful rounds, I noticed that Hacking could raise juice to a higher level than other skills, and that juice was needed for more recruits.
Originally I planned to have an army of recruits, but I didn't need a very big team of hackers/writers to quickly change public opinion, Selling music/art for funding. I didn't really even need money, since hacking and publishing are free, and I had no overheads.
I recruited high INT people from the Crack house, so probably no one will miss 'em.
I didn't have any shoot outs, no murders or any violent activity (except punching a teenager by accident and getting in a fight with him. But that's a different story) (though my team of hackers did get bloodily slain in raids and by CCS mobs).

Toward the end I just put one hacker at a time in the homeless shelter, and made everyone lay low or write in a safehouse. When the homeless shelter got raided or slain by the CCS, I sent another one out. The CCS never hit my printing press.
In my opinion the juice cap for hacking is high compared to other skills. This allows hackers to get recruits easily and makes them expendable. I didn't have any sleepers. Even when the hackers got arrested, their prison sentences were lenient (only a few months for most). I actually had too many hackers, and had to let them get slain in the next raid.

My other experiences were that it's a great game and full of details, and maybe I'll spend more time playing around with it, but this victory was just me drinking alcohol and exploiting the juice/recruitment/hacking cycle of life.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just completed Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:36:14 pm »

I like to liberate child workers and have them sell brownies.  Usually the get killed by The Man but about 5-10% of them survive indefinitely.

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just completed Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:33:06 am »

how to win lcs

acquire gun
shoot people
? ? ? ? ?
liberal nation