Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [BUG] Trade post allowing gaurds items to be tradable  (Read 803 times)

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
[BUG] Trade post allowing gaurds items to be tradable
« on: August 14, 2006, 06:44:00 pm »

Dwarf Fortress version 0.21.95.19a (i know, i know; get up to date, but i have such a good layout!) and apparently one of the dwarven caravan gaurds' equipment is capable of being taken and then sold at the trading post.

This time, i have a save file of the event, paused on the exact instance of this occuring!!! All you need to do is look at the trading post's trade items, and it'll display the gaurds items as tradable. Tell me what files to send and by what method, and i'll get them over you to immediately!

And since i don't see anything about fixed trading posts in the versions B and C updates, this "Items on caravan gaurd are tradable" bug may still be in those versions, and thus still an issue.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [BUG] Trade post allowing gaurds items to be tradable
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »

He he he, yeah, I can't fix them that fast.  And you can use your old saves (read the release changes txt in the new version), so you can update any time you want.

Now, was this a guard that died fighting wilderness creatures?  The good news for you is that currently:

(1) The caravan doesn't care about its guards at all.

(2) When they die, ownership of their items passes over to the fortress.

This is a bit odd, granted, but it is a known issue.

But in the future, since you are good at having things blow up:  send the "data\save" folder (or just the region#.sav and associated region# folder zip/rar'd) to toadyone@bay12games.com.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »

Salvage rights!  They died on our land!  We deserve to claim their possessions!

(I think more than a few wars have started that way...)

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 07:04:00 pm »

quote:
Now, was this a guard that died fighting wilderness creatures?
Oh, well, i'll be damned. One of them did die.

Heh, oops.  :o

But anyways, i've put the bit about the save folder and the email adress in a .txt in the dwarf fort directory, so i can remember it easilly. Maybe you should put a similar file in the next release?  ;)

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:23:00 pm »

Quickly!  Skin them, turn their bones into crafts, and sell the traders bone rings and leather armor made from the remains of one of their compatriots!
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One