Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After reading the post, what do you think of this?

I can't wait to try it out!
- 2 (10.5%)
Sounds interesting.
- 13 (68.4%)
Not certain yet.
- 2 (10.5%)
Nothing original.
- 1 (5.3%)
I don't like it.
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Terrorhounds - the Plague of Plagues (old and new players welcome!)  (Read 12887 times)

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorhounds - the Plague of Plagues (beware!)
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 08:14:55 am »

I've noticed there are some cast obsidian walls over the ocean. WTF?

The Journal of Lord Mana, Arkmagus, 4th of Moonstone of the Year 4

The letter came from the Mountainhomes today, saying I am an Arkmagus. I have tried my hand at the arts of magik, but never took it seriously until today. Whilst I was getting ready to leave, at around midday in this little fortress of Angzakrorung Elcur Elcur, the current leader Celem Razamost stormed into my room and slammed a pile of papers onto my desk*.

"That's it!" he roared. "I quit."

*For the sake of simplicity, by room is a dormitory, and my desk is my bed.

So, Pa, looks like I'm now the leader of this one-horse town. Hell, we don't even have a horse, the closest we have is a Llama in some godsawful state I can't begin to describe. Let me present the current state of the fortress to you. We're located on the coast, and by that, I mean the fortress is built over the ocean. Right over it. Literally the only thing stopping us from falling in is a stone walkway attached to a hut. No counterweight, the whole thing is held up by ten few bricks and a bit of freaky magiks that even I can't grasp. Did anyone say that this place is infested with undead? If that's not freaky enough, anything dead on or over the ocean comes back to kill us. Hell, I've been here long enough not to use the usual grammar when describing such shit.

The most solid piece of housing we have is a hut containing our food and booze on one level, half a dining room on the next, half a dormitory on the one above, and some kind of inaccessible watchhouse on top. We have barrels next to our beds, a carpenter's shop in our dining room, and next to no wood.

Good luck.

If you want to build another level to the fort, destroy one side wall, build a ramp in its place, remove the walls which are also make up a ceiling, build floors in their place, remove the floor exactly over the stair, build a downward stairway, and replace the old with an up/down one. Wall in the new floor, but start with the corners, leave one tile intact and build a ramp there, go up to floor off the ceiling. Replace both ramps with walls.

You could also build a fortification room beside the entrance door, so you can shoot zombies from there.

These are just suggestions though.
Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 11:29:06 am »

I should also mention for those that follow...

Not all of the land tiles are non-raising.  I havent been able to determine exactly where the biome line is, but the tiles of land closest to the ocean do still raise, so you have to tweak the corpse piles to prevent them coming back too many times.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »

Sign me up too.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »

Sign me up too.

Welcome to Terrorhounds Plague of Plagues, your name is on the list.

Isn't that Edgar Allan Poe?

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »

Why yes. Yes it is.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 08:04:28 pm »

Why yes. Yes it is.

One of my favourite stories from him is the The Pit and the Pendulum.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2012, 07:55:09 am »

One of my favourite stories from him is the The Pit and the Pendulum.

If you haven't, you should also read the Masque of the Red Death. Really strong story. And the Cask of Amontillado. I'd better stop now, or you'll be entombed in Poe-material "you just have to read!".

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 10:17:09 am »

Hey CaptainArchmage,

Hows your progress going?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 04:17:27 pm »

Hey CaptainArchmage,

I'll probably have to skip this one, sorry.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 11:56:17 am »

Hey CaptainArchmage,

I'll probably have to skip this one, sorry.

Probably? Doy you have a save? Or continue from the last one?

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 04:53:03 pm »

I'll jump out too - Murderfarmed progressed very much faster than we first expected.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 07:35:13 am »

Then it's Slowpokes turn. Use Celem's last save.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 11:41:24 am »

Okay I have made some modifications, and stay another year in the fortress to make it easier for new starters, to take hold of the fortress, and not save/load for 23 times. The rules are the same, if anyone want to play in this, sign up here.

After another year for me, here is the Taste of the action:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aside from that :), there was a Goblin homeage (I couldn't call it a siege, since my military commander dwarves punched them out from the fabric of time with one swing, one Goblin died from getting hit by a flying head of his brethren), several flying zombie attacks and the number of dwarves doubled with the "help" of one migration, when we didn't have booze.

A detailed journal will come, if I see some people got interested again.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:17 am »

Okay, a triple post may sound bad, but I don't want to lose this.

Here are three saves:

This is the beginning of the fortress, starting in year three:  http://www.2shared.com/file/1UxGQz1z/kezds.html

Fourth year winter, after CaptainArchmage's turn: http://www.2shared.com/file/sUKz6SZn/4_v_tl.html

These two are just for those who want to check the progress of the fort.

-----

Here is the current site, I have built a wall for protection, so dwarves won't dodge into the water, and giant sperm whale zombies don't spook workers:

http://www.2shared.com/file/e6siDyVg/mostani.html

Please check it out (the files are compressed into zip format).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:37:01 am by towerdude »

Remuluson

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:EDITING_TOO_MUCH:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorhounds - the Plague of Plagues (old and new players welcome!)
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 11:56:04 am »

wait...
IS THERE STILL THAT ZOMBIE GIANT ALBATROS?
[ETHICS:FEAR_SOCKMASTRERS:REQUIRED]
[ETHICS:HAVING_TOO_MUCH_ETHICS:REQUIRED]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4