Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 141120 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Civilization IV: Caveman2Cosmos
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 01:09:11 pm »

What expansions are required to play this mod?

I am guessing Beyond the Sword... Anything awsome tends to be beyond the sword.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 01:23:36 pm »

Yeah Beyond the Sword, it's pretty much mandatory for any modding because of how much it improves the engine.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 01:23:57 pm »

Yeah Beyond the Sword, it's pretty much mandatory for any modding because of how much it improves the engine.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2012, 04:14:13 pm »

Watching, and name some shit after me, I don't really care what. Also, we totally should've been Russia led by  Gandhi, but whatever, this works for me. I'd advise to be cautious around AI civs, because in my experience even without aggressive AI on they tend to be xenophobic.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2012, 09:47:32 pm »

I am so damn glad that I got in fast enough to suggest the Jivaro peoples, because this LP is going to be hilarious once we're out of the Stone Age.  It's such a pity we got stuck on a little island with no one to wage Stone Age against.

Now that I'm in any hurry to see the brave people of Mayanpanpenponpu (which I guess is the name of the island too for what it matters) move on to a more advanced state.  They're sitting around campfires with mouthfuls of herbs, brofisting and swapping stories about that time Ugglak knocked out a hawk with a stone and the legend of Mapunupunu, first to club a poisonous snake to death and eat it (they are the great men), all smack in the shadow of a live volcano.  I'm sure this stuff is old hat to anyone who plays this mod, but it's just awesome to me.

This generational push towards building boats does an obvious question though.  How the Hell did our people get to this island without remembering how to leave?  Maybe a land bridge collapsed or something, but for now we get to wallow in blissful ignorance before becoming a mighty seafaring peoples.  Seafaring with bamboo boats, of course.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2012, 09:56:53 pm »

I am so damn glad that I got in fast enough to suggest the Jivaro peoples, because this LP is going to be hilarious once we're out of the Stone Age.  It's such a pity we got stuck on a little island with no one to wage Stone Age against.
Man, at least the Aztecs had a relatively long history and empire. This Jivaro don't have any recorded history at all. We could have been Sun worshipers! We could have built spaceships, filed them with slaves, and launched them into Sol for glorious sacrifice, but no, Aqizzar had to suggest we be the dispersed tribal group that never formed a unified government. Hell, we still don't have a unified government! We're going to be anarchists for the next thousand years!
This generational push towards building boats does an obvious question though.  How the Hell did our people get to this island without remembering how to leave?  Maybe a land bridge collapsed or something, but for now we get to wallow in blissful ignorance before becoming a mighty seafaring peoples.  Seafaring with bamboo boats, of course.
There appears to be another landmass within visual distance of the island. I choose to believe we all swam to Mayanpanpenponpu, being driven by the whip of Charles de Gaulle all the way.

..You know, we never did find out old Charles' traits. It....it is probably a bad sign that none of us asked for that information until now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:59:30 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »

...Aqizzar had to suggest we be the dispersed tribal group that never formed a unified government. Hell, we still don't have a unified government! We're going to be anarchists for the next thousand years!

..You know, we never did find out old Charles' traits. It....it is probably a bad sign that none of us asked for that information until now.

I can't be the only one who finds these two statements together to be pure gold.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2012, 10:12:57 pm »

There are other things that could have happened too.

For example there could have been an Ice Bridge (Which is how humans got to the Americas if I remember correctly)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »

...Aqizzar had to suggest we be the dispersed tribal group that never formed a unified government. Hell, we still don't have a unified government! We're going to be anarchists for the next thousand years!

I can't be the only one who finds these two statements together to be pure gold.
Obviously he just kills anyone who tries to defy him and calls it a government. It isn't even that far from what the real one did.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2012, 10:39:47 pm »

Obviously he just kills anyone who tries to defy him and calls it a government. It isn't even that far from what the real one did.

And probably every other tribal chieftain of our historical era.  Charlie is clearly a man of his times, we picked the right guy for the job.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »

Now that I'm in any hurry to see the brave people of Mayanpanpenponpu (which I guess is the name of the island too for what it matters)

And the river as well, I suppose, since five minutes on Wikipedia taught me that the Jivaro named their tribes after the rivers they lived on. Should we name those four Mountains or are they all Mayanpanpenponpu as well?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »

The mountains are named Pan, Pen, Pon, and Pu. The river is simply Maya.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »

The river, the mountains, the island, the sea, the rocks and the trees and the sky itself.  All in Mayanpanpenponpu.  And as soon as we unlock out genetic memory of laying on logs and paddling them across narrow straits, everything else will be Mayanpanpenponpu as well.

Boy I hope I'm spelling that right.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2012, 10:45:06 pm »

Now that I'm in any hurry to see the brave people of Mayanpanpenponpu (which I guess is the name of the island too for what it matters)

And the river as well, I suppose, since five minutes on Wikipedia taught me that the Jivaro named their tribes after the rivers they lived on. Should we name those four Mountains or are they all Mayanpanpenponpu as well?
We are the Jivaro, living in the city of Mayanpanpenponpu, on the island of Mayanpanpenponpu, on planet Mayanpanpenponpu, in the Mayanpanpenponpu System, which is in the Mayanpanpenponpu Arm of the Mayanpanpenponpu Galaxy, in the Mayanpanpenponpu Cluster.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2012, 10:49:48 pm »

I do like the idea that after all that work researching language we really only came up with one thing worth saying.

Mayanpanpenponpu

Mayanpanpenponpu

Mayanpanpenponpu!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43