Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 141106 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (6217 BC - Slow and steady kills the Huns)
« Reply #630 on: December 21, 2013, 07:06:01 am »

Alright, voting has closed. Hopefully we'll have an update later today.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (6217 BC - Slow and steady kills the Huns)
« Reply #631 on: January 15, 2014, 07:27:13 am »

Alright, voting has closed. Hopefully we'll have an update later today.

Soooooo....

Do you have a time estimate?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)
« Reply #632 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:44 am »

So this took a little longer than I expected. Just a tiny little bit.

Well, anyway. Where were we?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, research. We'll go for copper working, stargazing and then bronze working.

We're also moving our palaxe to Pumayapan.

Anyway, it looks like the Brazilians and the Cherokee are getting up in each other's grills. That's good, it means they're not attacking us.

Our galley beats up an entire humpback whale, somehow.

Everybody knows we're the best. Simply the best.

And I decide to showcase merchants. You can use them to conduct little trade missions like a mini-great merchant, or to slightly hurry production like a mini-great engineer, effectively transferring hammers from one city to another.

Also isn't this our last neanderthal? I'm pretty sure all the other ones are dead and we can't build any more of them.

Our exploring rangers keep getting into fights. One survives. The other does not.

But who cares? We've got Lightning Warriors! For comparison, bronze working unlocks units with 5 base strength. Lightning Warriors have 7. Seven. And a city attack bonus like macemen.

And normal life resumes in Szeged. Only took sixteen years of anarchy and brutal crackdowns before the Huns got in line! We're getting better at this!

Also, here's a merchant. Hello merchant.

The Aztecs and the Carthaginians are at each other's throats. The fabled Carthaginian bear cavalry does not avail them, and one of their cities is lost.

Anyway, we've got copper working!

We still need a source of copper though. Let's take a look at our lands.

Meanwhile, the knowledge of the Jivaro continues to expand. Studying the corpse of a beached whale as the locals merrily chopped it up, the wise men of the Jivaro realized that there were significant differences between whales and other fish beyond mere size differences. Most notably the arrangement of their fins are different, especially the tail fin, but also the fact that they have lungs and other fish do not. Furthermore, they also taste differently. Thus, whales and dolphins have been recognized as lungfishes, distinct from other fishes. This was a great revelation.

Anyway, I think someone suggested connectin our cities together with roads? Our cities are all connected by coastal routes already, but I suppose roads won't hurt, even if dirt paths don't give any movement bonuses.

Anyway, a barbarian city has been left alone long enough to turn into an actual(if minor) civilization!

I wonder if this city will also turn into a minor civ?

Anyway, since we're at peace, I decide to try for some wonders.

We finally get the myth of the tiger.

And the merchant arrives at Pumayapan just in time to help out with the palace... Except that he's used up all his movement and the palace will only take this turn and the next to construct.

More whale killing.

We research Ancestor Worship.

And the road between Szeged and Aberpanapopuma is finished. It's kind of hard to see, but it's there.

Anyway, I think that's a good enough update to end the hiatus on. Don't you?

Mind you, updates will continue at a fairly slow pace. But they will continue.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 31, 2014, 07:04:52 am »

Yay! Updates are back!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2014, 08:30:11 am »

You know, I find the fact that bison calvary and bear cavalry exist but nobody seems to be using horses as mounts to be quite amusing. Well, except for all of the random transforming knights, but they don't count.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2014, 11:01:51 am »

I just downloaded this mod yesterday, so I'm terribly excited for updates to begin again. Probably gonna reread the thread just to pick some tips up :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 31, 2014, 12:23:49 pm »

I just downloaded this mod yesterday, so I'm terribly excited for updates to begin again. Probably gonna reread the thread just to pick some tips up :P
Ahahahaha, you think I am at all competent? My strategy is: Get all the bonus-granting buildings(like bamboo armorer), make a fucking huge doomstack, surround the enemy and smash polygons into the opponent until I win. I'm just winning this hard because the AI just isn't programmed to handle all of this complexity.

Also, I haven't updated my version of the mod since this LP started. There's probably even more complex stuff in it now.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 01, 2014, 10:14:53 pm »

IT'S ALIIIIVE!

I swear, if I had a few weeks off work, I'd happily get a start on this mod. Until then, I guess I'll keep following this LP.  :)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 02, 2014, 01:53:44 am »

Also isn't this our last neanderthal? I'm pretty sure all the other ones are dead and we can't build any more of them.

This reminds me of one of the Age of Empire games where you could build a fort and cram it full of troops that didn't count against the population limit when inside. I used to put surviving early age units in one of these forts/castles instead of killing them off and then I forgot about them. Once you got to the modern age the forts were obsolete and easy to destroy. A computer opponent raided me with modern infantry with rifles and destroyed my fort of obsolete troops. It looked like a whole circus spilled out with all the cavalry and elephants that were in it.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 02, 2014, 02:31:20 am »

Interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:47 am »

This reminds me of one of the Age of Empire games where you could build a fort and cram it full of troops that didn't count against the population limit when inside. I used to put surviving early age units in one of these forts/castles instead of killing them off and then I forgot about them. Once you got to the modern age the forts were obsolete and easy to destroy. A computer opponent raided me with modern infantry with rifles and destroyed my fort of obsolete troops. It looked like a whole circus spilled out with all the cavalry and elephants that were in it.
I don't think any Age of Empires game covers that much of the timeline. You're probably thinking of Empire Earth or Rise of Nations or something.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 02, 2014, 03:17:01 am »

It would most likely be Empire Earth. The forts in Empire Earth unlike most other forts were incapable of firing on targets and where extremely fragile although capable of storing a decent amount of units in it. Rise of Nations castles/redoubts were capable of defending the area against roaming bands of troops that lacked air/missile helicopter support, artillery and lacked boosted supply wagons, although they were best used as a means to push borders further.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:26:44 am by Therolyn »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 05, 2014, 11:02:17 am »

Okay, reading back it definitely looks like a lot of things have changed since you started this LP. Now different dwellings are built automatically as the tech and resources are acquired and there's a bunch of new civics.

Still, no harm in reading over the history of the Jivaro again!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]