Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 140980 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (7484 BC - I ATEN'T DEAD)
« Reply #495 on: September 30, 2012, 08:09:44 pm »

I say we fortify and regrow our troops before marching on the huns.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 30, 2012, 08:45:04 pm »

I say we fortify and regrow our troops before marching on riding bison through the huns.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 30, 2012, 09:22:40 pm »

I think you can attach the Great General to one of your units to make them a super-unit and get special promotions. It would be cool to have a super-Stone Axeman lead the assault. USEC_OFFICER's name suggestion also is agreeable to me.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 30, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »

Right now, we can do two things with a great general: Attach him to a stack of units which gives them bonus experience and special promotions, or settle him in a city, giving an xp bonus to all units built in that city. I think there was a set-up setting to make non-attached generals give bonuses to nearby units, as well as gain experience and special promotions that increase the bonuses they give, but we didn't select it.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 30, 2012, 10:08:55 pm »

Right now we should probably have him settle in a city...

We do have several unnamed cities, right? Or cities with heathen barbarian names. How about we settle him in one of those cities, and rename that city to "The Rtiz". That way we could have Radomir Putnik on The Ritz. Or in The Ritz as the case might be, but then the pun doesn't exactly work.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:21 am »

Wouldya look at that, an update.

I say we dismiss the units or return them for retraining, get resources and then start another war with the Huns, so we can control the entire southern shore, maybe southern hemisphere.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:23 am »

If great commanders is turned on, then make him a great commander.  Those guys are great if you can get them leveled up for a few promotions.  Otherwise attach him to a single maceman line unit for a super city raider.  Heroic 1 and Leadership are must have promotions. 
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 29, 2012, 03:24:42 pm »

It'll get updated eventually. Like, "before Christmas" eventually. In fact, there's probably gonna be a bunch of updates in December. It's on the backburner right now though.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 03, 2012, 12:11:29 am »

Glad you've delayed updating for so long! Gave me time to read through this thread today. When I got a few pages back I realized "Wait, he must not be finished! I'M NOT TOO LATE! YESSSSSSS!"

It was an inexplicably exciting moment in my day. Good luck with school!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 04, 2012, 11:18:06 pm »

It'll get updated eventually. Like, "before Christmas" eventually. In fact, there's probably gonna be a bunch of updates in December. It's on the backburner right now though.
Too busy killing me, eh?   :P

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (7234 BC - No longer pining for the fjords)
« Reply #505 on: December 01, 2012, 06:39:59 pm »

I told you there would be updates!

Rights, so where were we?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh right, we just got done crushing the entire Persian empire beneath our heel.

I believe the vote was for us to continue our march of conquest, this time heading east to defeat the Huns.

We begin our march of conquest by discovering the oven.

Two of our ambushers, Glacies and un67 I believe, are fully healed up and are sent out to hunt. I can't be arsed to micromanage them so they just get set to auto-hunt.

We also start constructing a farm near Persepolis to farm mushrooms. Yum yum.

This here is our new Bison Rider. Badass, huh? No, I don't know where the helmet comes from either. I think he was just born with a face like that.

One thing to note about farms: We can clear away forests and bamboo and such thanks to having researched Slash and Burn, but we don't get any hammers from clearing them.

However, there is a bit of a workaround which I'm not sure is an exploit or not.

stabs is ready to head out. He's set to auto-hunt like the others.

The Huns have settled down, as evidenced by their building a settler instead of a tribe.

Persepolis... Is still worrying me. It's got a lot of factors contributing to its instability.

I finally get around to renaming our general. I believe the vote was two for leading a stack and one for settling him, so he's waiting for the army to roll around before marching on the Huns.

Meanwhile, the Aztecs built Stonehenge! Damn them! I guess this is what happens when you focus on military to the exclusion of long-term economy.

I'm currently just researching the few prehistoric techs that are left.

We finally find the Maori!

Oh dear, I forgot to build a Riding School in MP4.

Meanwhile, Naghualism has spread to all our cities except the Christian Aberpanapopuma. We'll have to re-educate them someday.

The big army is ready to head east, but it's going to be a long march. You know, it feels a lot smaller after taking on Persia. Probably because it is smaller. We'll build some more troops while it' marching east.

stabs likes his odds and decides to attack a Neanderthal sitting on a village.

That's a lot of Atlatlists.

We research Falconry, which is an important prerequisite for Aristocracy. Obviously. It also lets us use some of the birds we've been capturing.

It also allows us to upgrade our hunters into rangers.

Aqizzar's Galley is exploring the east. This is a new Brazilian city. It also spots another city further to the east, but all my screenshots of that one got screwed up.

Portable Shelters aren't really notable except as a prerequisite for Trade, a much more useful tech.

There's the Maori capital! It's built in a swamp, just like ours! Except ours was on a swampy island and this one is just in a swamp.

Aqizzar's Galley continues to head east.

It appears there's a barbarian city built on those bison. Wait, did I already note that? It's been so long that I've forgotten.

I've been keeping a Hunnic hunter trapped with two archers for a while now. It didn't really serve any purpose, either, I just forgot about them. Now the Huns are trying to save him.

You may have noticed that we've somehow encountered the Cherokee Empire this turn. I think it's from Aqizzar's Galley encountering their culture(You can also see the third Brazilian city there).

And then we research Harpoon Making. This is the last prehistoric technology in the tech tree. Where will we go from here?

By the way, the Cherokee just took that previously barbarian city we found.

Anyway, here's the tech tree. What should we research? I can't be arsed to detail everything, but if you're curious about a tech you can ask me what it does.

You'll get a new world map in the next update, I promise!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 01, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »

Work towards fermentation, we'll never be a real civilization without alcohol.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 01, 2012, 06:55:41 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something... but is Board Games a useless tech? It doesn't look like it unlocks any buildings/units, nor does it look like a prereq for any other techs...

Also: Yay, this isn't dead!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 01, 2012, 07:11:08 pm »

It's not useless. We can play Scrabble.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 01, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »

Wait, have we researched Alphabet yet? If not, Scrabble's still a no-go.

See, Boksi?! This is what happens when you don't update for months! I don't even know what board games we can play!  :P
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43