Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 991487 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2580 on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:39 pm »

One of my co-workers is a hardcore conspiracy theorist. What's more, he's apparently trained as a lawyer but working in a warehouse at near minimum wage. "Evolution is racist ideology", "the Jews control the world", "9/11 was an inside job".

What's worse is he knows what evolution is but says "adaptation doesn't count, it has to be genetic change leading to physiological differences"

I'm... Really wondering what the fuck he's smoking. Apparently he had a brain hemorrhage sometime around the time he graduated, dunno if before or after or by how much.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: October 30, 2012, 04:32:36 pm »

Darwin's model of thought was (mis)applied by the Objectivists and their ilk for the sake of their classist ideology, and social discrimination tends to go hand in hand with racism.

The pro-Israel lobby is probably the most influential in the US, to the point that just about every politician with a hope of being elected will pander to them and their demands. By extension, the Zionists have a not-insubstantial deal of control over the direction of US foreign policy; the US is one of the most internationally influential nations if for no other reason than that we've got the most powerful military and aren't quite right in the head.

Top US officials have a history of planning false-flag attacks specifically for the purpose of starting unjustified wars against minor nations in support of political agendas.

Note that I don't actually believe any of those three statements, just that as far as harebrained conspiracy theories go they at least have slightly more basis than using 'aliens' to explain everything from the Pyramids to why you woke up on a country road with amnesia and an aching anus.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: October 30, 2012, 04:42:30 pm »

Evolution is a variationist theory.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: October 30, 2012, 04:58:26 pm »

Evolution is a variationist theory.
I don't really see what evolution has to do with variations in usage between different speakers of a given language.

3. Run Resize Enable

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: October 30, 2012, 05:02:22 pm »

Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Sigged.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: October 30, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »

What's worse is he knows what evolution is but says "adaptation doesn't count, it has to be genetic change leading to physiological differences"

It sounds like he's confusing Darwinian evolution with Lamarkian evolution.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: October 30, 2012, 05:11:22 pm »

Darwin's model of thought was (mis)applied by the Objectivists and their ilk for the sake of their classist ideology, and social discrimination tends to go hand in hand with racism.

Yeah, Social Darwinism is one of the most idiotic philosophies ever. How stupid does a person have to be to not be able to tell the difference between reproduction and money. They're not even similar concepts.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: October 30, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »

Top US officials have a history of planning false-flag attacks specifically for the purpose of starting unjustified wars against minor nations in support of political agendas.

Ever se the Movie Wag the dog? Follows this very plotline.

Yeah, Social Darwinism is one of the most idiotic philosophies ever. How stupid does a person have to be to not be able to tell the difference between reproduction and money. They're not even similar concepts.
I know!!! I mean what the hell People?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: October 30, 2012, 05:28:29 pm »

I know!!! I mean what the hell People?
Isn't it obvious? If you kill all of the poor people, then everyone will be rich! It's really obvious, because the poor people are lazy and the rich are hard workers, that's why you don't see the poor people putting as much work against this as the rich people are for!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dr.

• Escaped Lunatic
  • *Very good malpractice insurance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: October 30, 2012, 05:37:57 pm »

I re-met my cousin for the first time in ten-sum years yesterday, we began talking about politics and one of his points against birth control was;
"Real rape doesn't get women pregnant. They have to enjoy sex or their bodies eat the wiggly bits we put in them."

and another ripe quote from his ever evolving mind;
"Straight people only have approximately a 2% chance of getting aids and that only accounts for having anal sex with women. Fluids are rarely re-enter the body via the penis."

I'm related to this man. :-[
###
###
###
*Woop woop*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: October 30, 2012, 05:39:18 pm »

I re-met my cousin for the first time in ten-sum years yesterday, we began talking about politics and one of his points against birth control was;
"Real rape doesn't get women pregnant. They have to enjoy sex or their bodies eat the wiggly bits we put in them."

"Straight people only have approximately a 2% chance of getting aids and that only accounts for having anal sex with women. Fluids are rarely re-enter the body via the penis."

I don't normally condone violence against people, but smack him upside the head. For me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: October 30, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

I don't normally condone violence against people, but smack him upside the head. For me.
Kick him in the sweet spot. It's not like he uses his head anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: October 30, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »

I am no longer surprised by this sort of thing. People are so stupid it's draining.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: October 30, 2012, 05:46:02 pm »

Either one, with any luck.

3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: October 30, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

Either one, with any luck.
Ordinarily, I don't condone use of Eugenics, but considering the circumstances, Kick him. Hard. Prove to him his Penis isn't as awesome as he thinks.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 510