Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 991582 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2012, 05:53:07 pm »

*chick sniffs a hotdog*
"Yep thats real meat"

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 09, 2012, 08:20:43 pm »

*chick sniffs a hotdog*
"Yep thats real meat"

Well, after the pink slime controversy you can never be too sure...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:06 pm »

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back.  They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.  You didn’t get there on your own.  I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.  There are a lot of smart people out there.  It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.  Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

Regardless, he said that. If it has nothing to do with my own merits, then the fact I succeed and someone else doesn't has nothing to do with me. Therefore,  "somebody else, made that happen!"

Plenty of people work hard at low-paying jobs and never get rich. Plenty of smart people work hard and make a LOT less that their WAY less bright managers / business owners. That's all Obama was saying there. Common sense really, you just choose not to comprehend.

If you worked hard and became a billionaire, it was NOT solely because of your brains and personal hard work, you had a HUGE pyramid of other brainy and hardworking people to get there. EMPLOYEES. CUSTOMERS. And lots of activities those people do that benefit business's are state subsidized.

And most of your employees and customers were educated at the expense of the community, that education cuts into training costs because you can assume at least minimal literacy. Increasing the supply of higher skilled population decreases the demand value of those skills, and keeps wages from skyrocketing. Employees and customers ride buses to work or spend money, or they drive on state-funded roads. Without bus subsidies, you couldn't get away with paying people wages so low they can't afford a car. All that's FREE SHIT that business's get that's hidden subsidies.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:28:47 pm by Reelya »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:55 pm »

Users: Dope springs eternal.

Sigh. That it does.

Also, at the obama argument: Stop. Please just stop. I find it offensive, the entire things, both sides. So take it somewhere else please.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2012, 09:38:10 am »

If I may suggest, B12's American Election Megathread is a relevant place to discuss the finer details of Obama's speech.

On Topic: I find hatred triggered by what remotely even looks like a reference to Ponies both dumb and hilarious.  Especially the 'You Bronies are ruining [Insert Media Here].  Yes, there are Pony references everywhere... but so are the Star Trek and Star Wars references... in time... sadly all good things must end...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2012, 09:58:08 am »

Lol, I find you referencing ponies to be offensive! LET THE FLAME WAR BEGIN! that is indeed dumb and hilarious. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2012, 10:02:50 am »

I just leave Bronies and the like to their own ends. I'm not one, but, if they wanna watch a show, let them.

Thankfully, I come from a family of smart people, so I only really hear stupid things from my brother, who is 3 years younger and not as bright as I was, but still very smart. I remember him believing that Genitals and Testicles were the same.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2012, 10:06:05 am »

I just leave Bronies and the like to their own ends. I'm not one, but, if they wanna watch a show, let them.

Thankfully, I come from a family of smart people, so I only really hear stupid things from my brother, who is 3 years younger and not as bright as I was, but still very smart. I remember him believing that Genitals and Testicles were the same.

I find myself agreeing with you. Why does it matter what Bronies do, or if gay people marry, or if someone else is Muslim? Gotta ask yourself, does this really matter to me? Is it really going to affect me?

Usually the answer is no, I find.
He's fucking with us.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2012, 11:33:45 am »

Yep.  If it doesn't directly hurt me I generally don't care.  I've never really understood the brony and furry hate.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2012, 11:40:15 am »

Yep.  If it doesn't directly hurt me I generally don't care.  I've never really understood the brony and furry hate.
It's different therefore attack? That seems to be a common theme for stuff like that.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 10, 2012, 11:44:07 am »

It's different therefore attack? That seems to be a common theme for stuff like that.

I dunno, I have a hard time believing its as simple as that.  If people naturally hated everything that is different we'd never invent or create anything new.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2012, 11:44:15 am »

Pretty much this. People hate and fear what they don't understand. And it is hard to understand grown people watching MLP and dressing like anime cats, so those people get hated. It is really ignorant and incredibly backwards. People should endeavour to understand one another's likes and dislikes, but that would be too utopian. ::)
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 10, 2012, 12:13:06 pm »

I dunno, I have a hard time believing its as simple as that.  If people naturally hated everything that is different we'd never invent or create anything new.
No, if ALL people hated everything different, we'd never invent or create anything new. It's the minority of people who embrace change which keep humanity progressing forward.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2012, 12:22:00 pm »

No, if ALL people hated everything different, we'd never invent or create anything new. It's the minority of people who embrace change which keep humanity progressing forward.
This is the part where we all get sad.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 10, 2012, 12:24:08 pm »

This is the part where we all get sad.
If you say so.  :'( :(
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 510