Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1007260 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3165 on: December 08, 2012, 10:38:36 pm »

I could have sworn you were going to talk about another Bar altogether.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3166 on: December 08, 2012, 11:41:44 pm »

Well now that you mention it, I was thinking in more atmospheric terms.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: December 09, 2012, 03:52:21 am »

You know, I thought of a different bar as well...

I'M GONNA MURDER YOU!

But I love you so much!

As far as I know, in bipolar disorder the moodswings take quite long, even weeks. Feeling like murdering someone and loving them at the same time is more of a borderline personality disorder thing.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:54:51 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: December 09, 2012, 04:04:14 am »

There's also a form where your mood swings in a matter oof days or even hours, but that's a bit more rare (it's called rapid cycling bipolar II).
That thing sounded more like an ax crazy psychopath.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: December 09, 2012, 04:27:11 am »

Bipolar is really, really annoying. It's tough to know what to think of someone when their a total asshole one day, then the nicest person on the planet the next.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: December 09, 2012, 09:38:17 am »

Bipolar disorder is actually the switching between depression and mania. Meaning a person is extremely sad and thinking about suicide one moment, then the happiest person on the planet some time later.

Apparently, dealing with a person who is in the manic state is much more annoying than if they were in the depressed state. Bipolars are usually in the manic state wjhen they are sent to hospitals, simply because they are driving the people close to them insane.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:39:55 am by Oliolli »

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: December 09, 2012, 03:41:14 pm »

Mania is more than just being extremely happy. It's over-excitement, delusions, and so forth. In the same way that depression isn't adequately summarized as someone being "really sad".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: December 09, 2012, 06:54:51 pm »

Mania is more than just being extremely happy. It's over-excitement, delusions, and so forth. In the same way that depression isn't adequately summarized as someone being "really sad".
It's being willing to do stupid, anything, even something real stupid, like robbing a store, just because you can. You feel all-powerful, invincible, like nothing could harm you. I can see why you would do cocaine now.
The depressive phase is pretty much the opposite: You think your entire life is suffering. You want to kill yourself, you just can't muster the courage. You feel worthless, undeserving, unable to live any longer. You just want to... get it over with, be done with living - even oblivion would be better than that.

(Been there, luckily not done that - good thing I went to see a psychiatrist :) . Being quite drunk probably helped with posting this :D )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: December 10, 2012, 01:57:37 am »

I know, it was just a quick, simplified way of explaining.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:00 pm »

It's being willing to do stupid, anything, even something real stupid, like robbing a store, just because you can. You feel all-powerful, invincible, like nothing could harm you. I can see why you would do cocaine now.
The depressive phase is pretty much the opposite: You think your entire life is suffering. You want to kill yourself, you just can't muster the courage. You feel worthless, undeserving, unable to live any longer. You just want to... get it over with, be done with living - even oblivion would be better than that.

(Been there, luckily not done that - good thing I went to see a psychiatrist :) . Being quite drunk probably helped with posting this :D )
But I already feel like that all the time?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »

That's called delusion of grandeur. Often a sympton of delusional disorder.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: December 10, 2012, 01:02:06 pm »

That's called delusion of grandeur. Often a sympton of delusional disorder.
No I pretty much am that way.

So's my dad, though. Like, not even joking, the dude's been in 11 car wrecks, been struck by lightning, gotten shot in the face at point blank range, and lives in a house with three girls, two of them teenagers.

The man's got more plot armor than Edward Cullen and enough luck to drown a goddamn leprechaun.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: December 10, 2012, 02:57:26 pm »

So's my dad, though. Like, not even joking, the dude's been in 11 car wrecks, been struck by lightning, gotten shot in the face at point blank range, and lives in a house with three girls, two of them teenagers.
Oh, a family man!

What did he do to get shot? And how come he's been in 11 (dafuq?) accidents?
The Bay12 postcard club

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: December 10, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »

Well now we know we know where earths Rincewind winded up. What do they do if you're shot in the face, by the way?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: December 10, 2012, 03:11:17 pm »

One of my teachers at school today mentioned how Apollo 12 was the first mission to land on the moon.

He was alive when it happened, too, for Christ's sake!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 510