Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 982805 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7560 on: November 25, 2013, 04:14:34 pm »

Actually I had no idea. Which board was it?

VN. Or Various Nonsense. Disregard anything you hear about it being special or particularly bad, it was just all the lower boards combined into one.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: November 25, 2013, 04:16:34 pm »

You guys do remember that there was a big thing about all the overdone impromptu forum RP taking over topics right? Why we're missing a certain board now?

I don't know how many of you were even around back then.
Actually I had no idea. Which board was it?
It was off topic or something like that. Basically complete random shit. I didn't actually post back then so I have no idea what actually went on. Beyond that, I'm pretty sure Janet of all people shouldn't be the one to get to complain about overdone impromptu forum RP, seeing how much of a clusterfuck the happy thread is.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: November 25, 2013, 04:19:37 pm »

I'd say the opposite, since the Happy Thread's somewhat-vague topic makes it a nice quarantine for that sort of thing.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: November 25, 2013, 04:59:14 pm »

Why would you keep a disease alive when you could burn it all away and be done with it?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: November 25, 2013, 05:04:19 pm »

Why would you keep a disease alive when you could burn it all away and be done with it?
Scientific/research reasons, probably. Like why they keep samples of diseases that are otherwise wiped out, like smallpox.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05:43 pm »

Well, as far as viruses, even the most harmless one, go, you have three options:

a) The virus uses your cells as disposable virus factories, with them ending up bursting once they can't handle it anymore;
b) Nothing happening, because the viral DNA got embedded in your own DNA; then you have a stressful weak at work and it goes back to a)
c) Nothing happening, because the viral DNA got embedded in your own DNA; then you GET FUCKING CANCER.

On the other hand, inflammation ALSO ends up causing damage to your own DNA, which might lead to c), but since it's either possible cancer or cancer and a virus, it isn't hard to decide which is better of the two.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7566 on: November 25, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »

Researching ways to stop and contain it should it or some similar disease return.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: November 25, 2013, 05:53:20 pm »

Researching ways to stop and contain it should it or some similar disease return.

I guess that if you can burn it all away, you don't need much in terms of studying it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: November 25, 2013, 05:54:12 pm »

I guess that if you can burn it all away, you don't need much in terms of studying it.
Bolded for emphasis.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: November 25, 2013, 05:55:41 pm »

Bolded for emphasis.
Bolded and italicized for emphasis. :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: November 25, 2013, 06:15:49 pm »

It's less a disease and more like bubbles under wallpaper.

Pushing down on one area will just make wild bubbles appear elsewhere, uncontrollably. It's better to collect it all in one spot and put a painting or poster over top of it to conceal it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: November 25, 2013, 06:37:14 pm »

Bolded for emphasis.
Bolded and italicized for emphasis. :P
Bolded, italicised, and font-upped for emphasis.

adjective

having a resemblance in appearance, character, or quantity, without being identical
Underlined the section relating to what I'm saying here.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: November 25, 2013, 06:39:08 pm »

Pictured: People talking past each other.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: November 25, 2013, 06:45:34 pm »

Pictured: People talking past each other.
I am the one in the right here.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: November 25, 2013, 07:01:32 pm »

Actually, your avatar is kind of -pointing- to the right.

Meaning you're actually on the left.

Technically, you ARE on stage-right. So from your perspective, you are on the right. Not from the rest of us, though! You're on the left.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 510