Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002206 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #780 on: August 21, 2012, 02:16:34 pm »

Besides, plants already eat sunlight.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 21, 2012, 02:20:43 pm »

I'm hoping for star trek replicators. Carbon isn't hard to find; no more need to consume anything that was once living!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 21, 2012, 02:21:41 pm »

This is taken out of context.
If you didnt get it by now:
I meant, when we would find out somehow, that plants are sentinent, the vegans would have to eat sunlight.
This is what i meant.
It was a joke of course and not meant to be taken seriously.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 21, 2012, 02:26:50 pm »

it was bigoted and hostile

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 21, 2012, 02:27:28 pm »

It's no biggie :P
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 21, 2012, 02:37:25 pm »

it was bigoted and hostile

If you are a vegan/vegetarian who is actually offended by that joke, then my theory has been proven that one's humor glands require animal protein to develop properly.

I actually thought it was pretty lame; the concept is funny, but he failed pretty badly at wording it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #786 on: August 21, 2012, 02:50:43 pm »

Animal protein?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 21, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »

If you are a vegan/vegetarian who is actually offended by that joke, then my theory has been proven that one's humor glands require animal protein to develop properly.
Serious mode:

Anyone can easily get offended if something they feel strongly about is being taken lightly. What we have here is simple serious business dissonance.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 21, 2012, 03:00:04 pm »

Srs Bsns nt alwd hre!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 21, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »

Animal protein?

Don't overthink it. What I mean is just some chemical (probably a protein) found only in animals, to explain why vegetarians/vegans wouldn't get any. It's all a hypothetical joke.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #790 on: August 21, 2012, 03:12:17 pm »

Animal protein?

Don't overthink it. What I mean is just some chemical (probably a protein) found only in animals, to explain why vegetarians/vegans wouldn't get any. It's all a hypothetical joke.

I feel like your science glands maybe requiring more vespene gas :P

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 21, 2012, 03:39:50 pm »

i eat lots of meat. i have vegetarian friends and i often get into arguments over food ethics with them(why no insects, mechanical thresher collateral deaths, etc.) i found that comment very ignorant and unwarrantedly hostile. as if i was in a group arguing with another group and someone from my side flung a turd to the other side. i facepalmed, and quickly switched sides to catch it with my face...

luckily i was still facepalming and most of the shit got into the back of my hand

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 21, 2012, 03:54:04 pm »

* RedKing mourns the poor murdered metaphor.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 21, 2012, 04:05:40 pm »

i eat lots of meat. i have vegetarian friends and i often get into arguments over food ethics with them(why no insects, mechanical thresher collateral deaths, etc.) i found that comment very ignorant and unwarrantedly hostile. as if i was in a group arguing with another group and someone from my side flung a turd to the other side. i facepalmed, and quickly switched sides to catch it with my face...

luckily i was still facepalming and most of the shit got into the back of my hand

STOP BRAIN DON'T JUMP NOOOOO

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 21, 2012, 04:14:33 pm »

Wait, what exactly happened?

:I
My wooden badge was delicious.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 510