Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004185 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3630 on: February 06, 2013, 01:27:51 am »

The purpose of a game is to entertain. A good game entertains well. If more people are entertained than not entertained, then the game is doing its job of entertaining, and is thus, by definition, a good game.
That's a very subjective value. Me defining subjectively what is a good food does not make it a good food objectively. Potato, velociraptor.

And with some Games finally achieving art status, the definitions are more abstract now.

Memory, it is suspected by some scientists that you'd eventually reach a point where years would pass by like minutes
You are immortal. Concepts of time are relative now, why would this change when you have ALL the time! Take up meditation or something. Heh.
Never mind that no one really knows how the mind functions after encountering the jaws of eternity, and so the consequences are uncertain.
being frozen for trillions of years (heat death)
Immortal
being torn apart or crushed (big crunch/big rip)
Immortal
being shot
Immortal
experimented upon
Immortal Zoidberg
tortured
It tickles
etc. innumerable times over the course of your never-ending lifespan, you'd eventually go insane...
Sanity is for the mortals. I HAVE ASCENDED YOUR VALUES.

Living forever would be pretty cool for the first billions years, but the whole "wandering through the emptiness of space" would get really boring after a while.
Not if you ♥ astronomy. Or if you don't base your life around having fun.

#YOLÉ

Quick, someone get a Victorian person to write about this instead of Pride and Prejudice.
Oh Mr Darcy MetaHitler...

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: February 06, 2013, 01:28:58 am »

I for one would like to see fewer derailed threads. If I were a moderator at a forum I would probably lock any thread that had gone off-topic for more than a few posts, and without warning.

As for something a little more on-topic, I find it to be incredibly stupid when someone decides that even when the evidence is stacked against them and people are disliking them because of their overly antagonistic behavior and vile demeanor towards even people who are trying to be nice to them that some people still think that in this day and age it is okay to play the race card. One of my roommates did that just earlier today and I just about slammed my face into the nearest wall for the sake of making a point that what he said over the phone to what was either the police or the emergency psychiatric unit was incredibly stupid.

If we as a species are truly going to be able to progress towards some semblance of egalitarianism we must decisively stop blaming everything on who or what we are and instead blame things on what we do. However I seriously doubt this will happen within our lifetimes, and as such right about now I am still wanting to plant my face into a wall repeatedly just to make a point.
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: February 06, 2013, 05:10:39 am »

I think derailed threads are a part of Bay 12 culture.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 06, 2013, 05:22:27 am »

Off-topic threads are best threads. How else would you get such grand things as thread-derailing, facestabbing Hitler?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: February 06, 2013, 09:26:35 am »

Is that juice carbonated date juice?
No. Crystallized Orange Juice.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 06, 2013, 09:44:11 am »

Agreed with both Darvi and Owlbread. The reason derails are a part of Bay 12 culture is because this community is good enough to make derails not last for eternity and turn into flamewars.

And facestabbing Hitler is just awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 06, 2013, 09:47:03 am »

Derails are a fun thing to have, as long as they don't burst out in the internet equivalent of thermonuclear flames.  :P

And facestabbing Hitler is just awesome.
+1 to that.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 06, 2013, 12:24:14 pm »

this derail is less interesting than the previous derail. the previous derail was also more interesting than the rail itself. why did you have to derail the derail? now we're still stuck with a derail, only an uninteresting one

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: February 06, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »

this derail is less interesting than the previous derail. the previous derail was also more interesting than the rail itself. why did you have to derail the derail? now we're still stuck with a derail, only an uninteresting one
No, Chuck Norris couldn't beat a banana wielding pineapple in a lizard riding competition.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3639 on: February 06, 2013, 01:06:57 pm »

No, Chuck Norris couldn't beat a banana wielding pineapple in a lizard riding competition.
Bruce Lee wins all.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: February 06, 2013, 01:13:21 pm »

Bruce Lee wins all.
Nonsense! No one shall argue the superiority of Lord Kittensauce! Lord Kittensauce is indubidably the greatest mancatmarmalade that ever lived!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:07 pm »

Bruce Lee wins all.
Nonsense! No one shall argue the superiority of Lord Kittensauce! Lord Kittensauce is indubidably the greatest mancatmarmalade that ever lived!
What about Kai the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker? He's got a hatchet!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:16 pm »

coffeecat692 1 day ago

Gee, it sure is convenient to blow off anyone who disagrees with you as a 'hater' right?

Have you considered that PewDiePie is actually just a bad LPer who draws in his fanboy audience with retarded gimmicks and zero talent?

Reply  ˇ   in reply to SonyTheHedgehog8

SonyTheHedgehog8 1 day ago

lol.

He's not. Just because you idiots think he is doesn't mean he actually is. You fucking retards. You don't know -shit- about him nor about his videos, saying the EXACT SAME THING other idiotic haters say, you're the motherfucking sheep in a herd, jumping into a river whenever the rest of the herd does. We're not a ''fanboy audience'', and wtf do you mean gimmicks? and you don't know anything about talent. I'm pretty sure being in the top 10 youtubers is talent..

Goddamn retard.

Reply  ˇ   in reply to coffeecat692

It's cute watching people throw temper tantrums whenever someone criticizes their fanboy obsession over talentless hacks.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: February 06, 2013, 01:19:40 pm »

I don't usually start flame rages over things I like. Sometimes I falter and the blood of the irate floods my veins. Luckily, often the reply that I furiously type takes such a long time to type I cool down in the process.

Also, Jefmajor is best let's player.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: February 06, 2013, 01:20:58 pm »

Relevant:

Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)

also, I think slowbeef and diabeetus are the best LPers, personally.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 510