Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004204 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3690 on: February 06, 2013, 09:32:03 pm »

Ah, but it is the stupidly bad that I find interesting.
The puzzle itself doesn't interest me, it is seeing how somebody who sucks as solving puzzles attempts to overcome. What methods do they apply to try and make it work. What clicks and what doesn't.

This is what happens when you spend more time thinking about game design than playing them. The person becomes the subject of attention, rather than the game.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: February 06, 2013, 09:36:51 pm »

Is it wrong that when I saw "DC" I thought "Deceased Crab"?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:53 pm »

I mainly watch Chip and Ironicus, since they do a nice comedy duo type thing. Their LP of 50 Cent: BoTS was downright brilliant.
Slowbeef and Diabetus are also pretty good. Same goes for Gaem Grups.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: February 06, 2013, 09:43:33 pm »

I know at least one of those guys were involved in a short LP of JFK: Reloaded. Might have been all of them, but I can't remember the name of the website. Something about astronauts.

Anyway, that was hilarious.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: February 06, 2013, 09:53:19 pm »

Hum. I watch Jesse Cox Often. I normally find him funny. Total Biscuit is a bit more. Meh. I used to watch him a lot, but lately I only watch his videos that look interesting. Although I like some of his stuff his personality can turn me off a lot. I also watch a imperial (take that Canadians) fuckton of trashier lps (some of Jessies stuff, a lot of yogcast stuff) on one half of my monitor as I do other things like work or bay12 on the other half as sorta background noise/visuals.

Other then that I don't really watch a lot of lets players. Although I have started watching game grumps. Just. I have no idea if it is a quality issue or just a voice issue, but a vast majority of lets players seem to have just terrible voices and they really get on my nerves and I can't watch them. I have no idea why it seems like I don't have this issue with only a few people.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: February 06, 2013, 09:55:35 pm »

Okay, who linked to the Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal LP? Because you'll be receiving my medical bills in the mail, good sir or madam! My sides have split open and I think I've popped a lung, and it's only the first episode!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:44 pm »

I know at least one of those guys were involved in a short LP of JFK: Reloaded. Might have been all of them, but I can't remember the name of the website. Something about astronauts.

Probably Freelance Astronauts. Though, I don't think any of the guys I mentioned were in that one. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: February 06, 2013, 10:02:49 pm »

Probably Freelance Astronauts. Though, I don't think any of the guys I mentioned were in that one. :P
Really? Aw man, I could have sworn they were involved.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: February 06, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »

Okay, who linked to the Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal LP? Because you'll be receiving my medical bills in the mail, good sir or madam! My sides have split open and I think I've popped a lung, and it's only the first episode!
Most recently, me. Though I myself was linked to it by someone else a couple weeks ago, and am too lazy to dig up the identity of the person we should both be thanking.

Also because I can't even afford my own bloody co-pays.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: February 06, 2013, 10:07:38 pm »

Really? Aw man, I could have sworn they were involved.
I'm pretty sure they did something with Chip Cheezum at one point, not that one, like I said...
Unfortunately, I don't think they're doing LPs any- Oh wait, they are! When'd that happen? Hell yeah! :D

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:29 pm »

I watched Let's Plays by Kikoskia who mostly does old RPGs which I find the hardest to play myself if I haven't played them when they initially came out. His LP of Ultima VII did show me how awesome it is as well as the importance of stealing everything not nailed down in the name of the Avatar tax. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: February 06, 2013, 10:46:20 pm »

I like game grumps mostly because they can be perfectly critical and/or competent when they want--they were constantly making fun of how sexist Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 Licensed to Drive is while they were playing, and they got farther in Zombies Ate my Neighbors than I ever did.

Related to the topic: I saw someone saying that Game Grumps as a whole is about two priviledged people flaunting their priviledge etc, followed by calling let's plays as a whole pretentious, as if people who think that they're funny shouldn't be allowed to make things they regard as funny.
(not to say there aren't pretrentious LPers, but saying that the medium as a whole is pretentious is... pretentious)

Aaand this person just replied to me with standard social justice stuff as if I'm not aware of all that. I am aware. I'm all into it. I know issues and stuff, god damn. Just because I'm defending game grumps doesn't make me an idiot.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: February 06, 2013, 10:50:04 pm »

I suspect Game Grumps may be intentionally bad at video games.

Idk, I watched them play a game, and after getting 20 or so upgrade items that were pretty obvious to me what they did, one asked the other what it did and he said he thought it did _______________  but really it did something wrong, and so they thought this upgrade did something it didnt, and didn't realize it wasn't doing what they thought until they got another 5 or so of them.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: February 06, 2013, 11:55:48 pm »

And another one.
Oh man, I forgot about the Vinesauce guys. Yeah, the clips from their streams I've seen on Youtube are great. Shame my internet couldn't handle the streaming. Vinny is one of the only guys I've seen that records corruptions of games, and it's just fantastic and crazily different from the usual. Thanks for introducing me to them in the first place, Dice.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 510