Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002226 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3975 on: March 18, 2013, 03:13:08 pm »

Clearly, you need to implement some kind of Russian Roulette-esq consequence for failing to follow proper procedure.
My form of Russian Roulette would have five loaded chambers.
That won't work well at all. When you're setting up tyranny you need to make the retribution uncertain as well as extreme. If it is always extreme they'll rebel, but if you keep them guessing they'll accept the terror under the risk assessment that they're not likely to run into trouble if they modify their behavior. You should also work on randomly lashing out at people for failure, but mostly accepting failure. They stay perpetually afraid but not vengeful.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: March 18, 2013, 03:21:30 pm »

Clearly, you need to implement some kind of Russian Roulette-esq consequence for failing to follow proper procedure.
That won't work well at all. When you're setting up tyranny you need to make the retribution uncertain as well as extreme. If it is always extreme they'll rebel, but if you keep them guessing they'll accept the terror under the risk assessment that they're not likely to run into trouble if they modify their behavior. You should also work on randomly lashing out at people for failure, but mostly accepting failure. They stay perpetually afraid but not vengeful.
Fine, we'll compromise...only 3 chambers will have bullets. The other three will have bees.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: March 18, 2013, 03:26:44 pm »

Fine, we'll compromise...only 3 chambers will have bullets. The other three will have bees.
I'm thinking 3 with bees an three with both a bullet and bees. And the seventh has a rabid wolverine.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: March 18, 2013, 03:37:14 pm »

Some to think of it do modern screens even need screensavers anymore?
I don't believe they do. Many PCs and virtually all laptops turn off the screen to save power though, which I still refer to as a "screen saver" :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: March 18, 2013, 04:02:48 pm »

I'm thinking 3 with bees an three with both a bullet and bees. And the seventh has a rabid wolverine.
There is no seven.

Anyway, the real point to it is, as MSH said, attempting to make it understood there are PUNISHMENTS THAT ARE AS HARSH AS THEY ARE CRUEL, without actually going off and getting folks mad at you. It's a delicate line, but one that any good tyrant can walk.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: March 18, 2013, 04:10:06 pm »

There is no seven.
I say there is seven, so there is seven.
My tumblr.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: March 18, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »

Some revolvers go up to nine chambers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: March 18, 2013, 04:13:35 pm »

Some revolvers go up to nine chambers.

You can even get some with many more then that, but those have special barrels.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: March 18, 2013, 04:17:45 pm »

Russian Roulette's fun if you tell people to do barrel rolls.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: March 18, 2013, 04:22:45 pm »

There is no seven.
Please remember what the said in that guide to tyranny, 1984, "2+2 can equal 5, but not when making a gun". That is too say, you can be as insane and mad-cap as you please, but don't lose track of reality. You end up like North Korea.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: March 18, 2013, 04:25:58 pm »

There is no seven.
Please remember what the said in that guide to tyranny, 1984, "2+2 can equal 5, but not when making a gun". That is too say, you can be as insane and mad-cap as you please, but don't lose track of reality. You end up like North Korea.
Five is four, and four is five.
My tumblr.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29:12 pm »

There is no seven.
Five is four, and four is five.
You can go chat with your friend in Best Korea then, while I chill with the sane and respectable tyrants.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:39 pm »

A depressing one from my friends brother, directed to my friend.
You'll just open your [censored] for anybody!
Her whole family was having a fight, which ended up with one of them going into care, this above quote is from m friends brother, my friend was apparently raped as a child, I didn't know this until now, she's only 14. I hate people sometimes.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: March 18, 2013, 05:04:30 pm »

Sounds like one fucked up family D:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:38 pm »

Holy shit.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 510