Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002238 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #4470 on: April 12, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »

Unrelated, but Nicolas Cage would have made a fantastic Voldemort.

Okay, if I'm still alive by the time Harry Potter goes into public domain, I'm going to devote my savings to remake the films using a hologram of Nic Cage to play Voldemort. In fact, I'll replace all the characters with Nic Cage holograms.
You mean kinda like this?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: April 14, 2013, 04:48:20 pm »

Bread isn't food
Why would... what?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4472 on: April 14, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »

Bread isn't food
Why would... what?
Cauterize the fool who foolishly slanders the bread!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: April 15, 2013, 03:23:00 pm »

The same thing has happened in the UK and France which is why companies in the UK don't hire UK youth anymore. They bring them in from Poland, Latvia, Estonia and elsewhere. UK kids don't want to work, wont show up for work and if they do they are drunk for work... Decades of Liberal Policies and voters have caused this.
How can someone with such a poor understanding of the world be a top commenter for a news site? It boggles the mind.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: April 15, 2013, 03:41:07 pm »

The same thing has happened in the UK and France which is why companies in the UK don't hire UK youth anymore. They bring them in from Poland, Latvia, Estonia and elsewhere. UK kids don't want to work, wont show up for work and if they do they are drunk for work... Decades of Liberal Policies and voters have caused this.
How can someone with such a poor understanding of the world be a top commenter for a news site? It boggles the mind.
I think you answered your own question there.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: April 15, 2013, 03:51:27 pm »

In the land of the Blind, One-Eye's King.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4476 on: April 15, 2013, 05:03:33 pm »

How did we get to a situation where there's a land of blind people with only one guy with an eye?

Eye for an eye makes the world blind until the last guy can escape eye gouging.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #4477 on: April 15, 2013, 06:16:05 pm »

How did we get to a situation where there's a land of blind people with only one guy with an eye?

Though without depth perception the gouging must slow
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: April 15, 2013, 06:29:09 pm »

Though without depth perception the gouging must slow
Well, if there were multiple people working on each gouging then that problem could be worked around.

...how long does it take to gouge out an eye anyway?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: April 15, 2013, 06:37:24 pm »

H.G Wells worte a short story about that.

SPOILER ALERT: It doesn't work
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: April 16, 2013, 09:05:46 am »

After getting excited about dissecting feral cats for a science lab, I was explaining the similarities of the organ structure to humans; I was told by someone with almost no medical knowledge that they are very different in structure. I asked why, and I was told cats have hair glands...
HAIR GLANDS!!!!!
HAIR DOESN'T COME FROM GLANDS! It comes from once living follicle tissues that grow from out the follicle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: April 16, 2013, 11:26:31 am »

After getting excited about dissecting feral cats for a science lab, I was explaining the similarities of the organ structure to humans; I was told by someone with almost no medical knowledge that they are very different in structure. I asked why, and I was told cats have hair glands...
HAIR GLANDS!!!!!
HAIR DOESN'T COME FROM GLANDS! It comes from once living follicle tissues that grow from out the follicle.
lolwut? I have almost no knowledge of advanced biology, and even I know that's horribly wrong.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: April 16, 2013, 11:34:09 am »

Ask that person claiming cats are very different in structure about their views on evolution. They might well be a creationist grasping at straws to say "See? They're different! Humans don't even have hair glands!".

If this is the case, a good counter-example is the gene for vitamin-C: cats can make their own vitamin-C but humans need to get it from fruit. The real clincher though is that humans still have the gene for making vitamin-C, but it's degraded to the point of being non-functional, since our evolutionary food source contained plenty of it (EDIT: hence, there was no selection pressure to stop genetic drift of this gene).

The alternate explanation is that god/intelligent designer deliberately designed humans with a non-functional gene that just happens to closely resemble the vitamin-C gene in other mammals. "Just because".
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:36:47 am by Reelya »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: April 16, 2013, 11:36:04 am »

Ask that person claiming cats are very different in structure about their views on evolution. They might well be a creationist grasping at straws to say "See? They're different! Humans don't even have hair glands!".

If this is the case, a good counter-example is the gene for vitamin-C: cats can make their own vitamin-C but humans need to get it from fruit. The real clincher though is that humans still have the gene for making vitamin-C, but it's degraded to the point of being non-functional, since our evolutionary food source contained plenty of it.
I wonder if there's a way to exercise it? It would be pretty boss if we could make Vitamin C.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: April 16, 2013, 12:14:30 pm »

If this is the case, a good counter-example is the gene for vitamin-C: cats can make their own vitamin-C but humans need to get it from fruit. The real clincher though is that humans still have the gene for making vitamin-C, but it's degraded to the point of being non-functional, since our evolutionary food source contained plenty of it.
I wonder if there's a way to exercise it? It would be pretty boss if we could make Vitamin C.

I know this guy that does genetic manipulation for a real good price. Forty bucks and a six pack of Natty light. He's in the van behind 7-11 on Thursdays, his name is Carlito.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 510