Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002249 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5565 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35:09 pm »

No, no. The fact that it was split by a zipper is obviously a symbol of her rejection of Bats and his ideals. So in other words she was making a statement both about her moral compass and her competence.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: July 10, 2013, 12:00:51 am »

Vicars ARE hitmen.
Actually, we have a rule : the less likely you look like a hitman, the more you seem to look like a hitman. Looking like a hitman draws less attention.
Douglas Adams touched on that. I haven't read Dirk Gently in a while, but there was something about the kind of hat a detective wears.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5567 on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:03 am »

Vicars ARE hitmen.
Actually, we have a rule : the less likely you look like a hitman, the more you seem to look like a hitman. Looking like a hitman draws less attention.
Douglas Adams touched on that. I haven't read Dirk Gently in a while, but there was something about the kind of hat a detective wears.
Like how euphoric they are.

No, no. The fact that it was split by a zipper is obviously a symbol of her rejection of Bats and his ideals. So in other words she was making a statement both about her moral compass and her competence.
Now if she had made a pun about the ice age I bet she would have gotten off scotch freeze.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: July 10, 2013, 10:45:07 pm »

Pretty much everything on TV about this Zimmerman case. Dozens of talking heads yelling at and talking over each other, sometimes turning off each other's mikes so the other party can't respond, and each has an unshakable opinion that was clearly decided long before this trial began and thus is extremely uninformative. And for some reason my roommate just can't get enough of this thing, not only keeping the TV tuned to coverage of it but also talking on the phone about it pretty much constantly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: July 11, 2013, 02:15:55 am »

ALIENS DID IT! CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT!
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: July 11, 2013, 05:09:36 am »

You just did.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: July 11, 2013, 05:34:50 am »

Damn rascist aliens! Just because the poor kid was coloured doesn't mean they had to shoot him other crude ballistic weaponry!
And blame the White guy just to add insult to injury!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: July 11, 2013, 05:35:54 am »

Bay12: Making Sherlock Holmes look like a bitch.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: July 11, 2013, 07:19:55 am »

The problem in the Zimmerman case is that since there is no dispute whether he killed Trayvon Martin, it's all down to whether Martin attacked first or not. And while it seems public opinion tends toward "not", the evidence in court seems to be contradictory.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: July 11, 2013, 07:45:36 pm »

I don't see what the huge fuss is about, at this point. All the media attention and arguments about it seem just way too into it for a case of a single cop shooting (hypothetically in self defense) a single teenager who just so happened to be of a minority race.

It's carried on so long it's questionable why people bother fussing about it. Just, like, move on, man, and let the past be the past, dude. Gnarly.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: July 11, 2013, 08:07:15 pm »

I don't see what the huge fuss is about, at this point. All the media attention and arguments about it seem just way too into it for a case of a single cop shooting (hypothetically in self defense) a single teenager who just so happened to be of a minority race.

It's carried on so long it's questionable why people bother fussing about it. Just, like, move on, man, and let the past be the past, dude. Gnarly.
Amen.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: July 11, 2013, 08:16:19 pm »

Amen.

Yeah, especially since there are probably several similar cases per day across the country.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: July 11, 2013, 09:00:07 pm »

He's not a police officer...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: July 12, 2013, 12:10:21 am »

He's not a police officer...
Ah, well, this is proof the whole thing has been news way too long if the details of when it first got big are too fuzzy for me to remember accurately.  :P
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: July 12, 2013, 12:13:59 am »

People have been saying they are gonna riot. The media has also waaaaayy overdone it. I really really hope those people saying they are gonna riot are trolls. I don't want L.A riots V2.0. That's mainly why everybody is so worked up about it. It's been portrayed as a race thing.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 510