Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 992649 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5835 on: August 07, 2013, 05:34:30 am »

I'd be happy if somebody was like "duuuude, did you draw dat?" because that would imply that what I drew was so awesome that it blew their minds.

If someone literally said "Duuuude, did you draw dat?", I would first assume they are high.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: August 07, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »

On the subject of Cluster-fuck-overs* anything involving Marvel, DC, or really anything with a comic book has been in at least one, now that I think on it.

I'm actually kind of partial to Smash Bros now that I remember it.

*read: multi-crossovers
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: August 11, 2013, 10:31:24 am »

Was looking around some tourist sites that are important places from the world wars (Arromanches, Somme, etc) and my grandma saw some German tourists. Apparently she isn't sure "what right they have to be showing their faces around here".
Uuuuuuuuuugh.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: August 12, 2013, 08:09:22 pm »

It's a melting pot of opinions. Just about anything imaginable will be advocated by someone, with no good way to determine whether it's real or satire.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: August 12, 2013, 08:16:59 pm »

I'm not sure who you're saying is social-justicey there. The two replies are from obvious bigots who, from their tumblrs, seem to hate social justice. Also they hate black people, though that was probably obvious.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: August 12, 2013, 08:21:44 pm »

Of course, anyone who decides that race should have any more bearing on their or others life(ves) and decisions besides band-aid color is kind of an idiot already. >_______>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: August 12, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: August 12, 2013, 09:54:27 pm »

I'm not sure who you're saying is social-justicey there. The two replies are from obvious bigots who, from their tumblrs, seem to hate social justice. Also they hate black people, though that was probably obvious.
The first post more than the replies. It's not just this either, Tumblr's social justice crowd has gone full-tilt racist from what I've seen lately, though it is more of the "this is your race and culture, if you leave this box you are committing a transgression" variety than more traditional racism.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: August 12, 2013, 10:14:27 pm »

The first post more than the replies. It's not just this either, Tumblr's social justice crowd has gone full-tilt racist from what I've seen lately, though it is more of the "this is your race and culture, if you leave this box you are committing a transgression" variety than more traditional racism.
But... I thought that WAS tradition racism, what was segregation all about then?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: August 12, 2013, 10:16:51 pm »

It differs from the usual viewpoint in that it tends to be a "for your own good" kind of thing.

Which also isn't very different from traditional racism, but as I said, the SJW's have kind of gone so far into their quest to prevent appropriation that they've ended up segregationists.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: August 13, 2013, 01:50:51 am »

... I'd disagree*, but it's definitely one of the better ones. Probably one of the few dozen tied for one of the top three spots. S'updated a couple times recently, though! Which is nice. There was a bit of a dry spell. Not that it's ever rolled in particularly quickly, but... still. Always nice to see updates.

*If for no other reason than "best crossover" is a category filled by like twenty plus fics for me, ha. I don't really try to construct a hierarchy, though. There's the good shit, the decent shit, and then everything else.

... that, and ever sorta' implies going forward, too, and it will be one-upped, eventually.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: August 13, 2013, 02:01:23 am »

It differs from the usual viewpoint in that it tends to be a "for your own good" kind of thing.

Which also isn't very different from traditional racism, but as I said, the SJW's have kind of gone so far into their quest to prevent appropriation that they've ended up segregationists.
This is a true fact. The dogmatic appropriation-phobia basically fades into shades of keeping everyone separated and ethnically segregated, only with the intent of keeping evil whitey from assimilating and destroying x culture instead of keeping x culture from polluting the noble white man's way of life.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: August 13, 2013, 04:43:38 am »

This is a true fact. The dogmatic appropriation-phobia basically fades into shades of keeping everyone separated and ethnically segregated, only with the intent of keeping evil whitey from assimilating and destroying x culture instead of keeping x culture from polluting the noble white man's way of life.
No, they get pissy about white people doing things from non-white cultures too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 510