Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 982702 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5850 on: August 13, 2013, 08:44:55 am »

No, they get pissy about white people doing things from non-white cultures too.
So, like, listening to blues/jazz?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: August 13, 2013, 09:16:42 am »

No, they get pissy about white people doing things from non-white cultures too.
So, like, listening to blues/jazz?
Sort of, but they're actually a lot more against whites participating in hip-hop culture for whatever reason.
They're pretty much against anyone doing anything that's not to do with the specific groups that they have been assigned. Like people who aren't furries wearing clothes that are styled like animals or w/e.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: August 13, 2013, 10:55:18 am »

Silly me, thinking that TSJ couldn't become any more insane. Next they're probably going to start arguing that people shouldn't move outside of their economic class, either.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5853 on: August 13, 2013, 08:53:59 pm »

SJW watch: News just in, they're now eating themselves
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's painfully stupid to watch.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: August 13, 2013, 09:01:35 pm »

It's like they're trying to communicate some sort of message. I can't understand it though, there's too much stupid.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: August 13, 2013, 09:36:54 pm »

It's like they're trying to communicate some sort of message. I can't understand it though, there's too much stupid.
Best not to try to decipher it. I tried to decipher stupid once, and it damn near killed me.
The police would have found nothing but a dead body sitting behind a computer, with no evidence but a lightly singed brain.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: August 13, 2013, 09:48:45 pm »

Best not to try to decipher it. I tried to decipher stupid once, and it damn near killed me.
The police would have found nothing but a dead body sitting behind a computer, with no evidence but a lightly singed brain.
I think I can comprehend it... give me a second here.
Right, I believe what they are trying to say is that some white women, specifically in the 'upper class', feel so privileged that they believe themselves constant victims.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: August 13, 2013, 09:55:26 pm »

No, they're saying that white women have so much privilege that they are not victims of privilege, and thus if they are raped they aren't suffering in any special way like the actual victims of privilege are. Thus the tag SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen. A truly disgusting sentiment, but one that I am not surprised at. The SJW's have been contracting the "protected classes" for a while now. Gay men and straight white women are out in the cold by this point.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: August 13, 2013, 09:57:12 pm »

On the previous subject of racial correctness, to which I was unable to respond promptly: I have seen at least one SJW claim that white people should not be allowed to speak Spanish because it appropriates from indigenous PoCs.

Viva la apropriación!

(also, ninja'd by MSH: I don't even. Though I've seen someone ELSE make a "hierarchy of privilege" in which white, middle-to-upper class cishet women are being oppressed by poor, gay black trans people.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #5859 on: August 13, 2013, 09:58:52 pm »

What's a SJW?

... And isn't spanish an imperialist language... (at least to the native americans) I guess that's one of the reasons why it's a stupid thing to say.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: August 13, 2013, 10:01:52 pm »

Social Justice Warriors, mostly exist on tumblr. They fight oppression in all forms, everywhere, reality be damned.

In truth, they are some of the most racist people on the internet (the fact that they put everyone who isn't white in the category of People of Color should be a decent indicator).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5861 on: August 13, 2013, 10:17:55 pm »

It's an incredibly interesting phenomenon. Also it's likely Tumblr gained its SJW crowd simply by drawing from the same demographic as reddit [see; no neckbeards].
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:22:03 pm by Loud Whispers »

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: August 13, 2013, 10:55:19 pm »

It's an incredibly interesting phenomenon. Also it's likely Tumblr gained its SJW crowd simply by drawing from the same demographic as reddit [see; no neckbeards].
So basically this whole thing is just a case of trolling gone horribly real?

I find it quite fascinating that someone would know so much about the history of weird internet movements. You should write the Secret Chronicles of the Internet or something, sociologists of the future might be really grateful.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: August 13, 2013, 10:58:15 pm »

However, the number of goons who believed the propaganda soon outnumbered the trolls and so /SRS/ grew to become a formidable trolling force on reddit.

This strikes me as a thing that happens outside the internet.  Imagine if Glen Beck is just in it for the money, or trolling everyone...

While I know very little about the Tumblr Social Justice crowd (this board is the first place I've heard is significantly discussed) I have heard that they like to abuse the term "privilege", and have this picture showing how that can be hilarious:
Its basically a scoreboard for how disadvantaged you have.  Except that if you analyze it even a little, you'll realize that the numbers make no sense.  Blind is three times worse than paralyzed, being Muslim makes you less privileged even if you live in the Middle East, being very short apparently puts you at a net disadvantage even if you're rich, ect.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this was meant seriously.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: August 13, 2013, 10:58:36 pm »

So basically this whole thing is just a case of trolling gone horribly real?

I find it quite fascinating that someone would know so much about the history of weird internet movements. You should write the Secret Chronicles of the Internet or something, sociologists of the future might be really grateful.
I would totally read that... LOUD WHISPERS! GO TO THE CREATIVE PROJECTS BOARD AND MAKE THIS A REALITY!
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 510