Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 982713 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5985 on: August 19, 2013, 06:54:28 pm »

I shit you not, I once read an argument saying that denying a woman sex is a form of rape. That one was on tumblr, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: August 19, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »

So...Rape has been redefined as 'something bad against a woman' rather than a specific act (or category of acts)?

*sigh*

Yeah...that fits this thread all right.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: August 19, 2013, 06:59:29 pm »

Internet Social Justice truly is a marvel to behold.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: August 19, 2013, 07:07:52 pm »

I just wanted to stop in here and say, with no sarcasm at all, that I really appreciate how people are separating the nutso tumblr-kiddies from actual online activists without being prompted or anything.  It's really awesome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: August 19, 2013, 07:09:55 pm »

So anything that offends a woman counts as rape now? What a weird reversal to the old "Touching a woman makes her pregnant so take responsibility".

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:09 pm »

I just wanted to stop in here and say, with no sarcasm at all, that I really appreciate how people are separating the nutso tumblr-kiddies from actual online activists without being prompted or anything.  It's really awesome.
Sarcastically saying you're not saying something sarcastically? Double sarcasm, sarcasmception, or sarcasm-shit-stack?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:48 pm »

So anything that offends a woman counts as rape now? What a weird reversal to the old "Touching a woman makes her pregnant so take responsibility".

there's no such thing as sensible laws regarding anything when you deal with people who are willing and capable of abusing the laws for their benefit or simply to cause someone's misfortune

one of the reasons why lawyers exist

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: August 19, 2013, 07:15:01 pm »

Sarcastically saying you're not saying something sarcastically? Double sarcasm, sarcasmception, or sarcasm-shit-stack?

No, I have a personal rule that if I say "no sarcasm," I always mean "no sarcasm," because it's so fucking hard to tell if I'm being sarcastic or not.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: August 19, 2013, 07:18:19 pm »

No, I have a personal rule that if I say "no sarcasm," I always mean "no sarcasm," because it's so fucking hard to tell if I'm being sarcastic or not.

This would be the perfect time for a demotivational of Fry with his squinty face on, and the text reading, "Can't tell if being sarcastic, or if I'm lost in antisarcasmception..."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: August 19, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »

. . . No sarcasm ;)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »

Gee, that's such a good idea.

...no sarcasm.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: August 19, 2013, 07:33:07 pm »

You're all nuts.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: August 19, 2013, 07:35:01 pm »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: August 19, 2013, 07:35:34 pm »

No, you're just all tiny protein-rich plant organs.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: August 19, 2013, 07:36:11 pm »

Seriously, sarcasm font. It would solve so many problems.

Maybe we just need a font literally called "Sarcasm" so people will know to actually use it?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 510