Yeah, but have everyone keep their stuff and our point in the 'Story'
- 4 (33.3%)
Nah, let's keep going.
- 2 (16.7%)
Nah, just kill this.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72

Author Topic: Mall Fight: RTD-ified: THE FAQ AND GENERAL Q THREAD  (Read 110664 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Mall Fight: RTD-ified: THE FAQ AND GENERAL Q THREAD
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:42 pm »

You wander into the new Mega-Mall, looking around cautiously, wondering what you got yourself into. The ad said the mall went on for, well, infinity, with every store imaginable, and from the looks of it, they were right. A few other people can be seen spaced apart from you, looking just as nervous as you. Suddenly, a voice comes onto the PA.

Attention Visitors! You have all been invited here to participate in the most spectacular fight since the Hunger Games. All for my amuseme-I MEAN...SPECTACULAR PRIZES!! You have all been equipped with a special watch, allowing you to respawn anywhere in the mall outside a radius of 20M of your opponents. At this point, I know you're wondering what I'll have you do. I'll explain that, once you introduce yourselves to me...

Current Players:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welcome to my first attempt at GMing a RTD. This one is based off of the Mall Fight Forum game from the Escapist Forums and GameFAQs forums. A link to all completed and in Progress games can be found here, under 'Threads'. http://z13.invisionfree.com/Mall_Fight/index.php?showtopic=102 There are a few rules, but they are explained at this link http://z13.invisionfree.com/Mall_Fight/index.php?showtopic=92

Ignore the Places You Should Know About, and the People You Should Know About sections.

In short, the rules are, as follows:

-There are NO weapon stores. That means NO Gun stores, no Sword shoppes, and no Magic, unless unlocked...

-You CAN however, make weapons. If you wan, you can make a potato cannon and have it shoot bibles if you want. 

-Don't be an asshole.
Spawnkill, Godmode, and be an Asshole all you want.

-Kill as many people as you can.

Rolls apply as follows:

[1] Epic Fail.
[2] Regular Fail
[3] Semi-Fail/Semi-Success, depending on my mood.
[4] Success
[5] Perfection!
[6] It went TOO well.

Turns will begin once we have at least five players. Anyone can join in at any time, so this isn't a very serious game. Just have fun! As a side note, as well, create a bit of a profile in this format:

Name:
Occupation: This will net you a slight +1 bonus with rolls involving this kind of skill
Special Skill: Just another simple skill, can be something like 'Hacking' 'Improvised guns' 'Blades' whatever.
Quick Description: Just why your character joined the fight.
Starting Item: One item fitting to your character's profession that they will enter the mall with.

Let me know if you have any problems or ideas!

Spoiler: Characters in Storage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:14:48 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: RTD-ified
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:44:33 pm »

Sounds cool, I'm in!
Name: Fernando Trejo
Special Skill: Grappling
Quick Description: A masked wrestler looking to test his skills outside of the ring.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:21 pm »

Aaaaaaaand you're in! You get a +1 bonus on rolls involving Brute Strength, such as holding doors shut, pushing stuff, and breaking things, as well as hand-to-hand Combat other than Fistfights.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:57:04 pm »

Never mind.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:43:32 pm »

User: Caerwyn
Name: Gloriokal
Special Skill: Summoning
Quick Description: An odd man, who hails from the deep forests in a far-away land. He's mastered the mystical powers of Shamanism, allowing him to summon, create, bind and command spirits, entities, and even demons. Necromancy isn't out of the question, but it is very dangerous. Summoning spirits can provide protection, offensive powers, knowledge, or just being an extra pair of eyes.
Items: 1x Fetish of Draining
1x Charm of Spirit Warding
2x Effigy of Ghoul

Bonuses:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:39:25 pm by Caerwyn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 10:47:56 pm »

This is more of the latter. A tiny bit of the former, but not enough to call it a RPG RTD.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 10:53:33 pm »

So...I don't have to worry about it being some kind of role-playing game?

The whole "God-mode(ing)" thing is confusing. Is that, a la, stating an action such as "Level up to Super Saiyan 2 and proceed to blow up the mall"?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 10:56:32 pm »

Yeah, pretty much that. I need to add the rule stating that you ARE human in this game. You're not a super hero/villain. And don't worry about it being too RP-like. It takes ages for any kind of story to form in these games. Again, it's mostly SLASHY SLASHY DIE DIE kind of stuff.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »

Alright, cool. Is my character fine? I can change it to something more realistic, like a plumber who jumps ten feet and enjoys mushroom salads with extra mushroom sauce.

Oh. And, maybe instead of having no "God-Mode(ing)", just warn that nigh-impossible actions (A la, "Caerwyn pulls a bazooka out of the nearby toilet, and blasts xXxPwnz0rxXx to instant death!) will be more or less impossible to succeed (A huge negative chance), and will backfire spectacularly?

Though, that would mean extra work...

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 11:02:54 pm »

It's great. Although, stores selling Magic and Magical books are not available from the start. They will, however, be unlocked later on. Is that okay with you?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 11:10:55 pm »

Sure. Can my character start out with a few charms and fetishes? Maybe an effigy or two, housing a low-class spirit?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 11:19:02 pm »

Sure, why not. Just what are we talking about here? How should I word it? I'll add a starting item like Fighting Gloves to Nacho Libre or whatever, as well. I'll add it to the criteria.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »

Well, let's say

1x Fetish of Draining (Three uses, has a chance to drain a bit of life/health from an enemy, healing the user, say, by a d6? 4 is a success, 5 heals a bit more, 6 drains a good amount, while a 1 will break the fetish.),
1x Charm of Spirit Warding (Passive, keeps summoned or malignant spirits under control)
2x Effigy of Ghoul (Can be cast on the ground to summon the wraith of a long-dead creature. Not very powerful, but quick and scary. One use each.)

?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:36:36 pm by Caerwyn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 11:35:50 pm »

Sure why not? I was going to suggest choosing two of them, but they seem low-key enough that I'll allow them.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 11:37:58 pm »

Cool! Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72