Do you know how to delete a poll?

Yes, message me
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2012, 10:59:02 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll To Adventure!  (Read 37102 times)

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
Roll To Adventure!
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:00:53 pm »

Roll To Adventure!

Note: This is my first time managing an RtD on the Internet; I’ve played it with cue cards IRL before.
Note: This game will be complicated. Just look at the character sheet.
Note: I’m not very good at Flavor Text, if you want to give a suggestion, feel free to PM me.

Section 1
General Stuff:
This is based on Dwarf Fortress. Many things from the Adventure Mode will be here; I might even add graphics.
   Each of you are from a Dwarven, Human, or Elven Civilization. When you choose a civilization from the Civilization and Sites part, you will automatically be in the Capital, Mountain Home, or the first Forest Retreat listed.
   Make sure that you role-play; if you don’t, I will try to make you by forcing you to roll for that. For example, someone’s about to cut down a tree, and you are an Elf. If you say you support them, you will have to roll a 6 to uneasily not interfere.
   After you sign up, you can PM me after any point to say if you want to “betray” the adventurers, if you have found each other and are in an alliance. You will need acting skill to successfully do this. You can also PM me to say you change your mind and don’t want to betray them.
   Any talking should be put in quotes, and dialog will be put in the update. You can use this to see if someone has betrayed you from suspicious activity.

Section 2
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Extreme Events (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World Changing Events (click to show/hide)

Section 3
Occasionally, a character may find themselves in an ongoing battle that lasts less than an hour (one turn), or other things that require action changes in less than an hour. I will write the RtD as normal, but writing You are in an ongoing battle, You must make a decision, or something like that at the end of your POV.
You must reply to me in a PM in a day, or be NPC'ed till another move-changing encounter happens. The other characters will write their turns normally, and the RtD will be updated in the post, in your POV. You will be notified by PM and this will keep going 'till you come out of that.

Section 4
This RtD works with time, unlike some other RtD's that seem to let the players have their own "time dimention." This will not happen.
Each turn is one hour in game time, unless otherwise specified or if it is night. Each hour, a player increases needs, decreases energy, and can do actions that last that hour. If the action uses longer than an hour, you will be notified and have one day to change that. If the action uses less than an hour, see section 3.

Section 5
Civilizations and Sites (Note that all of these names are made using DF. I made two worlds and looked over the legends.)
Spoiler: Drokofopuldin, Kobold (click to show/hide)

Section 6
You should choose a few apprenticeships for your character; it adds skills that may be useful.
Spoiler: Apprenticeships (click to show/hide)

You should also choose some skills to be worked on in the Adventurer's Guild you've been in for some time...
Spoiler: Combat Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

You may post a Character Sheet at any point and be added to the waitlist. When you are able to join, you join, and if you don't post an action for the next turn (unless you are inactive), you will be bumped down to the waitlist.

The Game has Started!

All Suggestions, Put in the OOC / Discussion Thread!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:52:27 pm by RoaryStar »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:02:05 pm »

Current players (Starting Stats):

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chaos Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:

N/A

Undecided Reservations:

N/A

Dead (Starting Stats):

Spoiler: xiphoniii (click to show/hide)

Note: After you have decided, you will be put on waitlist.
After the game starts, or a slot is open (10 max), you will be put as a current player if you are at the top.
Undecided Reservations lets you reserve a spot on the current player list, but the game will go forth without you if you are unable to finish deciding for 1 RL day after you are able to start.
If your character has a flaw and is pointed out, your character will go on Undecided Reservations.

You may modify your character sheet by modifying your post and then PMing me. You may only do so if you are in Waitlist.

A human will have a *10 for the stats for what they set at the beginning.
A dwarf will have *8 for Agility and *12 for the others
An elf will have *12 for Agility and *8 for the others.

Turn 0 – The Beginning
Turn 1 – The Decisions
Turn 2 – The Ambush (Part 1)  and Shopping Spree (Part 1)
Turn 3 – The Ambush (Part 2), the Shopping Spree (Part 2), and the Caravan Guards
Turn 4 – The Shopping Spree (Part 3)
Turn 5 – The Shopping Spree (Part 4) and The GCS
Turn 6 – The First Night, The First Death, and The First Wound (Death of Mahtan Anarion, Elf)
Turn 7 – The Second Shopping Spree, The Archery Competition, and The Trip to Araneomu (Part 1)
Turn 8 – The Sparring Competition, The Troll, and The Trip to Araneomu (Part 2)
Turn 9 – Osedenor the Ettin and The Trip to Araneomu (Part 3)
Turn 10 – The Rodent Men, The Quests, The Work, and The Assessment Incomplete
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:41:53 pm by RoaryStar »

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »

Can I hold a spot? Preferably as the smug elf?

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:18:13 pm »

Can I hold a spot? Preferably as the smug elf?

Sure, you want me to randomize everything for you though?

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:21:37 pm »

I'll do it, just wanted to make sure I had a spot, instead of working on a character then finding out it's full. :D

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:17 pm »

Name:Mahtan Anárion
Civilization(Full name, please): Bibaweiki, “The Tame Thorns”, Elven

50 points to spend on:
Strength: 5/10
Agility: 10/10
Toughness: 5/10
Money: 30 * 5

Apprenticeships and Adventurer's Guild:
Year 01:Carpentry
Year 02:Carpentry
Year 03:Scribing
Year 04:Scribing
Year 05:Dodging
Year 06:Bow Using
Year 07:Sword Using
Year 08:Sword Using
Year 09:Shield Using
Year 10:Swimming

70$ Left. Concept is the smug elf who specializes in short sword and buckler combat, with the bow as a backup. Also really good with non-combat elf-y stuff.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »

Token indestructible Dwarf:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 03:40:12 pm »

I think I'll join as a human of Satthaomon, “The Beautiful Realms”...wait a moment.

@GM, Question: How about batting attacks away with one's own weapon (based on your weapon skill)? If I remember it correctly, it exists in DF alongside with Blocking and Dodging.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:48:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 03:50:00 pm »

I think I'll join as a human of Satthaomon, “The Beautiful Realms”...wait a moment.

@GM, Question: How about batting attacks away with one's own weapon (based on your weapon skill)? If I remember it correctly, it exists in DF alongside with Blocking and Dodging.

It's going to be a part of blocking, since it's technically called "blocking", too.
Though it's still going to have to do with "shield using", since you're using the weapon as a shield.  :D

Also, all of the names of the Civ's are made using DF. I exported the legends and looked over it for a few days.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:52:31 pm by RoaryStar »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »

Being human sucks very badlyisn't cool. Do I need to fill all the years of training?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 03:54:38 pm »

Being human sucks very badly. Do I need to fill all the years of training?

You don't have to, but it helps to have at least butchering and sword user. (free meat!)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 04:01:19 pm »

IN, so hard!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Every adventurer worth her salt must know how to swim!  :P

GM: What about parrying an arrow straight in the air? I've seen weapons do that in DF, my good man.

Also, are defined weaponry rules enacted? Meaning: Bows = Two handed, Various melee weapons = one//two handed ; the former can wield shields. Meaning, no drop and multiwield glitchness?

((Also, game complicated? HAH!  :P

As we have...familiar faces, Roary, expect some RP going on.))

Being human sucks very badlyisn't cool. Do I need to fill all the years of training?
Humans are larger than their Elven and Dwarven allies, in Vanilla DF. In mods...well, let's say tweaking is permissible.

Also, Caellath is joining. The fun there will be!

Edit: GM misspelled kobold.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:05:08 pm by Tiruin »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 04:09:31 pm »

GM: What about parrying an arrow straight in the air? I've seen weapons do that in DF, my good man.

Also, are defined weaponry rules enacted? Meaning: Bows = Two handed, Various melee weapons = one//two handed ; the former can wield shields. Meaning, no drop and multiwield glitchness?

((Also, game complicated? HAH!  :P

As we have...familiar faces, Roary, expect some RP going on.))

Parrying an arrow straight in the air will depend on how big your object is, and you need a lot of agility.
Bows are one-handed for carrying, the other hand is required to load it. Also, you can carry a bow on your shoulder.
In the prologue, you can get free stuff if you have the skill.

The game is complicated compared to most RtD games. If you want to compare it to DF... Let's just say a human can't execute a billion commands in a second.

I know we have familiar faces, I've been reading on RtRtD, Endless RtD, Hero Caddies RtD, RtDeathmatch, and You are a Necromancer! along with a bunch of other stuff.
'tis just that I only made an account a few weeks ago when I did a Succession Fort.

Edit: GM misspelled kobold.
Edit: Fixed
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:20:02 pm by RoaryStar »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 04:23:50 pm »

((@Tiruin: Size does not seem to help here.
@GM: The sheet is pretty reasonable, actually.))

Edit: Corrected
Spoiler: Human (click to show/hide)

@GM, Question: How does the relation between Shield Using and Dodging plays? Is there any problem or advantage in taking both?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:02:26 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

Would it be at all allowed to use two shields at the same time? Preferably, would it be allowed to use one gigantic shield that can be split in two and reconnected?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12