Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]

Author Topic: Curiosity Mission: Shutting Down 2016  (Read 129906 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Curiosity Mission: Shutting Down 2016
« Reply #990 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:41 pm »

*No, you don't get to come back. Not even if you do a really good job.

Think of the poor, abandoned space equipment.

All it wanted was your company.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 27, 2014, 07:01:18 pm »

Poor Jade Rabbit.   :'(

Although I should've gone to bed this morning, my masters discovered something abnormal with my mechanical control system. My masters are staying up all night working for a solution. I heard their eyes are looking more like my red rabbit eyes.

Chang'e doesn't know about my problems yet,  If I can't be fixed, everyone please comfort her.

Before departure, I studied the history of mankind's lunar probes. About half of the past 130 explorations ended in success; the rest ended in failure.

This is space exploration; the danger comes with its beauty. I am but a tiny dot in the vast picture of mankind's adventure in space.

The sun has fallen, and the temperature is dropping so quickly... to tell you all a secret, I don't feel that sad. I was just in my own adventure story - and like every hero, I encountered a small problem.

Goodnight, Earth.

Goodnight, humanity.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 27, 2014, 07:23:17 pm »

Well, that sucks. I was hoping they'd get some good science out of the little rover.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 27, 2014, 07:26:21 pm »

Poor Jade Rabbit.   :'(

Although I should've gone to bed this morning, my masters discovered something abnormal with my mechanical control system. My masters are staying up all night working for a solution. I heard their eyes are looking more like my red rabbit eyes.

Chang'e doesn't know about my problems yet,  If I can't be fixed, everyone please comfort her.

Before departure, I studied the history of mankind's lunar probes. About half of the past 130 explorations ended in success; the rest ended in failure.

This is space exploration; the danger comes with its beauty. I am but a tiny dot in the vast picture of mankind's adventure in space.

The sun has fallen, and the temperature is dropping so quickly... to tell you all a secret, I don't feel that sad. I was just in my own adventure story - and like every hero, I encountered a small problem.

Goodnight, Earth.

Goodnight, humanity.
That is, sad, and scary. There is a Space-Nazis movie trailer in those comments. That's just sad. We are going to have to clean up the moon (and mars) at some point.

Well, yeah, got to go with the lunar rovers opinion that sometimes lunar rovers just break down.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 28, 2014, 12:54:20 am »

You'd think that by then we'd be able to recycle that many probes.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 28, 2014, 01:34:16 am »

Oh yeah, that Chinese rover thing also reminded me of this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 28, 2014, 02:13:24 am »

A person with a single post, replying to a post made 6 pages ago, with a negative and irrelevant (to that discussion) statement. Something here is suspicious.

Dutchling clearly made that account just so he'd have an excuse to post another xkcd comic.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 28, 2014, 02:40:26 am »

Oh yeah, that Chinese rover thing also reminded me of this.
More optimistic version

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 28, 2014, 04:45:45 am »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]