Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bethesda + Stalker = ?  (Read 42633 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Bethesda + Stalker = ?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:52 pm »

Edit: When has anyone accused Bethesda of making pretty games?

Noone has; which is part of the issue. It's a rather glaring flaw when a 'AAA' game studio hasn't made a worth a shit RPG in about ten years. They spend so little time on gameplay and actual video game concepts of fun that their mediocre graphics and design in general ends up getting the red-headed stepchild treatment due to being not only awful, but being the parts they actually worked on.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:18:39 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 12:17:24 pm »

Everyone please stop hating on Bethesda, it's getting annoying as fuck. I personally like Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout 3. It is getting annoying to see people yelling at them just becasue they didn't make those games excatly like orignal. Also, why is simplifaction so bad, I thought the game system in Skyrim was fun and intunntive. I thought over complex systems were supposed to be bad in vidya games since they make it harder to play. I prefer my game to be simplfied rather than complex. at least in game mechanics, so why is what Bethesda is doing so "bad?"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 12:19:36 pm »

(flaming removed)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:25:46 am by Toady One »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »

Everyone please stop hating on Bethesda, it's getting annoying as fuck. I personally like Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout 3. It is getting annoying to see people yelling at them just becasue they didn't make those games excatly like orignal. Also, why is simplifaction so bad, I thought the game system in Skyrim was fun and intunntive. I thought over complex systems were supposed to be bad in vidya games since they make it harder to play. I prefer my game to be simplfied rather than complex. at least in game mechanics, so why is what Bethesda is doing so "bad?"

It's called bastardization of a classic. Just because you like simpleness doesn't mean us adults should.

Wow, way to be a dick. I would prefer you get off your nostialgia fuled high horse and stop lording over everyone. It's people like you who piss me off, acting like you own a franchise becasue you played an earlier title and being a dick to anyone who plays and likes the newer ones.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 12:30:34 pm »

Just a reminder, you're on the df forums and you're claiming that simplicity is more important to you than complexity.  This is about as bizarre a statement as I've seen in a minute.

It's not that they're not exactly like the original, it's that they're the same game, made just as poorly in each iteration.  Fallout 3 is Oblivion with a few different textures and models.

Frankly, it's not his fault you're taking offense at other people not loving games you like.  Take it easy.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 12:34:10 pm »

It is shitting all over somebody else's idea of a good game though.

It's called bastardization of a classic. Just because you like simpleness doesn't mean us adults should.

As someone who bought Daggerfall when it was the hot new thing, I can tell you that you're being a parody of an elitist jackass, and you're objectively wrong about both the value of "complexity" and it's existence versus non-existence.

Yeah, Skyrim isn't nearly as "complex" as say Daggerfall was.  Conversely, Daggerfall was an empty, ugly, clunky game whose faults stemmed mostly from being too "complex" and buggy for its own good.  Wow, look at that, age doesn't make a game good.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 12:37:04 pm »

It's not shitting over someones idea of a good game to point out when a game is poorly designed, has poor graphics, and a bad story.  If you can't take that, you're way too emotionally invested in the game and/or the argument.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:28 pm »

Wow, way to be a dick. I would prefer you get off your nostalgia fueled high horse and stop lording over everyone. It's people like you who piss me off, acting like you own a franchise because you played an earlier title and being a dick to anyone who plays and likes the newer ones.
No need to be so hostile, buddy. Calm down a little.

Also everyone needs to realize intuitive != shallow gameplay and complex controls doesn't automatically make the game complex.
"Simplifying games"(cutting gameplay options/builds so people might not get confused) is whats wrong with industry,but taking a game with a relatively out dated battle system and breathing new life into it is far from what I would call "bastardization".
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »

It's not confirmed yet. According to some Facebook posts, it is false.

Quote from: Nite69
official stalker facebook page says none of this is true, bethesda has no claims to stalker

https://www.facebook.com/officialstalker/posts/502564966436090

https://www.facebook.com/officialstalker/posts/502592336433353

According to the RPS article, it is only the rights to make a game, not the brand in itself, so GSC still owns S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Either way, the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games wont disappear, mods probably wont stop coming, and then there's that Nuclear Union -thing coming, who knows what will happen with that? Wait and see...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 12:50:14 pm »

It's not confirmed yet. According to some Facebook posts, it is false.

Quote from: Nite69
official stalker facebook page says none of this is true, bethesda has no claims to stalker

https://www.facebook.com/officialstalker/posts/502564966436090

https://www.facebook.com/officialstalker/posts/502592336433353

According to the RPS article, it is only the rights to make a game, not the brand in itself, so GSC still owns S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Hooray, everyone go home, nothing more to see here.

...There's never going to be a Stalker 2, is there...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 09:06:22 pm »

Wow, way to be a dick. I would prefer you get off your nostialgia fuled high horse and stop lording over everyone. It's people like you who piss me off, acting like you own a franchise becasue you played an earlier title and being a dick to anyone who plays and likes the newer ones.

Don't worry about him, he's a complete asshole to anyone who dares protect bethesda. Best just ignore it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:44:38 pm by Rex_Nex »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »

Man, that guy reminds me a lot of No Mutants Allowed community.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

Wow, way to be a dick. I would prefer you get off your nostalgia fueled high horse and stop lording over everyone. It's people like you who piss me off, acting like you own a franchise because you played an earlier title and being a dick to anyone who plays and likes the newer ones.
No need to be so hostile, buddy. Calm down a little.

The guy he's responding to just called everyone who disagreed with him a child, why shouldn't he be hostile? Hostile response to a hostile tone dude.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 09:53:48 pm »

Hey now while we were appalled on the fact Fallout 3/NV went straight off course with the main series, some of us do like how they turned out especially 3 on the eastern side of the states.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 09:56:31 pm »

Hey now while we were appalled on the fact Fallout 3/NV went straight off course with the main series, some of us do like how they turned out especially 3 on the eastern side of the states.
I know this is a massive derailment but to be fair the No Mutants Allowed community usually produce some great stuff for the series. I'm usually able to forgive dicks if they're able to make something useful.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5