Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Bethesda + Stalker = ?  (Read 43884 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bethesda + Stalker = ?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 06:15:27 am »

Bethesda can't do gunplay.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Bethesda + Stalker = ?
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 07:18:01 am »

Bethesda can't do models/animations.

Seriously, if all the animations/models have that uncanny vally look to them (which in my mind is basically the de facto Bethesda aesthetic) then I would be very unhappy.

To be fair, I (at least) didn't get New Vegas (or FO3, or Oblivion, or Skyrim) with the expectation of them being super-hard survival RPGs. I got them because I wanted to shoot and stab lots of things with lots of other things. Going into a Bethesda game with the expectation of it being anything other than a buggy hack'n'slash action game is a tad foolish. S'not to say that they're a bad dev, just a very predictable one.

Of course, people should know what they are going to buy, and if you want a buggy shoot and stab simulator than Bethesda are fine. But most of the problem people are having is that Stalker is not a buggy shoot-and-stab simulator, and they are worried that that is what they will turn it into. The concern is not with it being a Bethesda product, its with it becomming a Bethesda product.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]