Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: All was well until Casey McAnthony showed up  (Read 50809 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
All was well until Casey McAnthony showed up
« on: August 02, 2012, 06:46:34 pm »

Until recently, my fortress had been a happy, bright town of happiness and rainbows. There was usually plenty of booze, construction continued day and night for the well being of the fortress, and not a single dwarf was below Very Happy in mood. Everything was going according to plan.

Then the goblins showed up in an ambush. I wasn't quite prepared, and the goblins managed to kill one or two dwarves before a timely dwarven caravan saved me from inside the depot. The Goblins were vanquished.

Unfortunately, their reign of terror took a toll on one member of my fort, a young dwarfette who happened to be pregnant. After seeing her friend, one of the poor military dwarves who died, die, she was unhappy enough to have a miscarrage. It was very sad.

What was even sadder, and significantly more horrific, is what happened next. Miss Dwarfette, hereforth referred to as Casey McAnthony, was nursing another baby, a five-month old dwarfette named Litast, and only child after the miscarrage. And she was taken by a fell mood.

CASEY MCANTHONY LOOSES A LAUGH, FELL AND TERRIBLE!

Commence me being... just confused. I didn't realize at this point she was carrying a baby. I didn't realize she would go for the nearest member of the fort. In fact, I was afraid she would go after someone useful, like my miner casually passing by on his way to the dining hall.

All of the sudden, she was working on the artifact. I looked in the workshop and saw Litast's name. I didn't know who that was (I don't keep tabs on individuals) so I decided to check who it was. Maybe I got lucky and she murderificated a vampire before it could do harm. Those kind of events were commonplace in fortresses of mine (I'm incredibly lucky).

NOPE. IT WAS HER FUCKING FIVE MONTH OLD DAUGHTER.

SHE KILLED HER DAUGHTER AND TURNED HER INTO A PICK. A GODDAMN PICK. WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Dear Urist, Please don't build your physics defying artifacts out of your children. It's wrong.

And as if that wasn't terrible enough, she named the Artifact "The Suffering of Genius".

What the fuck lady!?

No seriously, The woman not only murdered her own daughter, but named the artifact in such a way that it could only be interpreted in two ways: She's heartless and only sees her babies death as her own suffering for her "genius", or belives her baby was so damn smart that she couldn't "suffer" anymore and had to be made into the one tool most likely to get dropped into magma.

Does this kind of shit happen with every fell mood?!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: All was well until Casey McAnthony showed up
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:50:52 pm »

Yes, yes it does.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

DisgruntledPeasant

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:53:04 pm »

Holy carp, that is the single most sick and twisted DF story i've heard, ever.

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »

She sacrificed her own flesh and blood for the sake of art. Name is appropriate.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »

*Points to the dwarven childcare thread* That baby might actually be a lucky one. Now go uncap hfs with your dwarf baby pick and loose your own fell and terrible laugh.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:15:08 pm »

*Points to the dwarven childcare thread* That baby might actually be a lucky one. Now go uncap hfs with your dwarf baby pick and loose your own fell and terrible laugh.
I'm trying to play this more RTS style and not go for the Demonspires until I could likely handle the demons with steel weapons and beard power.

Also, I'm doing my best to keep all my dwarves alive, even Nobles, assuming they aren't TOO crazy. My fort is way to new to be dealing with addy right now.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

azach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 07:34:06 pm »

Ah hahaha. Good times. I just recently suffered at the hands of goblins as well. This is the story of another murderous dwarf, though cast in a different light than your psycopath.

I was in the middle of military reformations. At the same time I had temporarily dismantled my front gate for the purposes of expanding my entry-tunnel and this is when a large siege showed up. I scrambled my only squad to the entry-tunnel, many of them still busy equipping arms and armor.

The first wave (there were at least 3, perhaps 4, and some seemed to be mounted on giant rats) rolled right over my unprepared military. The devastation once they were inside the fortress was virtually immediate and all-encompassing. I went from 160+ dwarves to fewer than 50. As I was surveying the remains of my smoldering and decimated fortress I noticed my militia commander poking around the armory. Apparently he had trouble locating the legendary iron shield I told him to equip.

So once he finds it he rushes to the nearest troll, and then immediately panics and runs into the underground pasture where he cowers for a bit. Then he sneaks into the pantry. Oh well, time to abandon this fortress I figure. But what happens next nobody was expecting, least of all the goblins.

He proceeds to go absolutely apeshit on the goblins. Goblin and troll body parts are literally flying everywhere. In less than 30 seconds of run-time he killed 25 goblins and trolls and a large number of giant rats. The next few minutes are spent chasing off what's left of the siege. He single handedly defeated their entire army without suffering a scratch, however that's not quite the end of his story.

Dropping from 160'ish dwarves to 50-something obviously takes its toll on the psyche of those who remain. Corpses of lost friends and family are everywhere. Death and decay is spread floor to ceiling. It's in the well. There are even bodies in the mining tunnels. During the ensuing months I lose another 20 odd dwarves who are driven to insanity and melancholy from living in this hell. I'm now at 33 dwarves and the stench of corpses too numerous to be hauled to the surface refuse pile, much less buried, fills the fortress.

Throughout this time, McLegendary just doesn't give a shit. He's been perfectly content. Apparently he lost his young wife and infant son in the siege, and after going berserk on the goblins he's now completely dead inside. Stepping over corpses to get to bed? No problem. Miasma floating in the hallways? Smells like victory. Best friend the legendary weaponsmith throwing a tantrum nearby? Off with his head.

He is now a merciless goblin (or dwarf, if necessary) killing machine. Incapable of remorse or sorrow. Some say he'll never die. Others say he already is.

DisgruntledPeasant

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »

S.C.P.

Might I suggest sealing away the unholy creation (and its creator) within a secure facility? something tells me a pick made from the infant child of its creator has got to have some fucked up evil intent.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »

I was there and said the same thing!!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »

S.C.P.

Might I suggest sealing away the unholy creation (and its creator) within a secure facility? something tells me a pick made from the infant child of its creator has got to have some fucked up evil intent.

Lock it away, A.S.A.P
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 07:59:12 pm »

This is, from now on, The One Pick and the only digging implement anyone can ever use to mine adamantine. Urist McMiner fall into magma sea and melt to death? Too fucking bad, you're draining that shit and recovering the dead baby pick if you ever want to see candy again.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 08:00:07 pm »

Lock her in a room with the pick, and then make her a miner so she uses that particular one. You find miners more useful than babies, right?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 09:44:42 pm »

What would happen if a necromancer saw the pick?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:31 pm »

WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Sigged.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »

holy fucking dwarf, batman.

thanks, op. i was lolling at the story so people on the bus were looking at me. and you dont know how bad i wanted to tell them your tale. but i think the men in white coats would take me off the bus to cook county...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6