Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cook - Brew - Mill  (Read 4106 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Cook - Brew - Mill
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 10:59:11 am »

If it's ignored in emergencies, I agree.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 08:52:31 am »

Naturally. It would be very wierd otherwise.  :D

"We've been reduced to chasing vermin for food!"
"Well, why don't you eat all those rock nuts over there instead?"
"No! It is forbidden!"

But yeah, as long as there is other food available, I feel it would be a very good thing to be able to forbid some stuff (rock nuts being the example here because - in my experience at least - they do eat them, which means you can't plant them or use them to make oil).

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 09:47:20 am »

I support this proposal.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 09:57:09 am »

I'll +1 this too. Stockpile give option makes this a bit unneeded, but it'll still be very useful tool for mills/querns that's not set up that way!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »

I'll +1 this too. Stockpile give option makes this a bit unneeded, but it'll still be very useful tool for mills/querns that's not set up that way!

Plus, its a heck of a lot simpler tan fiddling with stockpiles.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

HoshiGiniro

• Bay Watcher
  • Gamer Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 01:27:45 pm »

To bad this suggestion was never given more weight it would still be a nice feature to have in the game even if most players enjoy the use of stockpiles instead

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 07:34:18 am »

Scrap the z - Kitchen menu entirely and replace it with a per-workshop menu! Lets you set materials to be used for every workshop seperately.
Possibly even the z - Stone and z - Animals menus.

Extending the interface for the stockpile designation system could create that system without exploding out the number of types of screens to learn. But it would need to be combined with some sort of foodstock minimum stocks system, so you can designate stuff to be pulled into a workshop/stockpile but only if the global amount is above some reserve level. But in general, stockpile designation system covers allowed/not-allowed stuff, so it would be nice to deal with all "stuff" in a consistent way.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 07:40:38 am by Reelya »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 07:48:33 am »

Look at the frickin' date on that post.

Other than that, I agree with you, but don't become the Necromancer's second-in-command...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 08:08:50 am »

Sorry, I got lulled into assuming it was recent due to the necro and the OP being a currently active forumite.

HoshiGiniro

• Bay Watcher
  • Gamer Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »

Look at the frickin' date on that post.

Other than that, I agree with you, but don't become the Necromancer's second-in-command...
don't call me names its still a valid request and what is the point of opening a whole new thread when this one just had dust on it

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 06:05:02 pm »

I'm not calling you names - 'necromancer' is the accepted term for someone who resurrects old threads.

In general it's considered a good thing to necro a thread if you're adding new information or ideas. Just dragging old threads back up without adding new content means unnecessarily cluttering the forum.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 [2]