Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 88345 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile

The Adventure Begins...
(Click above for added atmosphere)

The God-King gazed out over the many distant galaxies that the universe held, watching them in their silent cosmic beauty. The thought of what fate would befall them if he failed in his quest brought a deep sinking feeling to the core of his being, and he quickly pushed the thought from his mind. He refused to let himself even consider failure as a possibility. However, as much as he hated to admit it, he knew that if he truly wanted to be successful in this quest, he would not be able to do it alone. Not in his current form.

He already had several individuals in mind that he felt would be capable of assisting him, but also knew that he could not leave such essential decisions up to mere intuition. This was the reason behind the trial that would soon be taking place. He was confident that any beings who could participate in the trial and emerge not only alive, but victorious, would be more than worthy of helping him to prevent the catastrophic events of a future that should have never come to pass.

For the duration of the trial, he would gift the specially chosen individuals with the ability to harness power far beyond that of any normal mortal, in exchange for having the limits of their capabilities pushed far beyond what any normal mortal could withstand. Those that remained by the end of it would be rewarded with a place among the gods, and acceptance into the God-King's pantheon. All the preparations had already been made. Now all that was left to do, was decide who this first group of specially chosen individuals would be...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:36:23 pm by King DZA »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »

Due to me wanting to use this adventure as an opportunity to test out a bunch of neato mechanics and features, there may end up being a good deal of stuff to explain. However, because I don't exactly consider reading through a guidebook's worth of game info right off the bat as the most fun thing in the world, I'll just lay down what will be most relevant in the early stages of things for now, and add to this post as things progress:

Miscellaneous Chitchat (OOC) thread.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:03:41 am by King DZA »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:58:05 pm »

The Chosen:
Zanzetkuken the Great
Hisir Namedene
The Moderator
Taom
Sir Havel the Unyielding
Jorn Darkmane
TorZon The EverShifting

The Chosen-In-Wait:
Ranger Ely
Sock Puppet Man
TUG & SUS
Samuel Drake
The Entity (AKA Jim)
Vitam/Vitae/Vita
Dreamer Ghost (AKA Nightmare)
Valoth Hrandbon
Az-Sho
Faream

The Fallen:
There are no fallen Chosen Ones. Yet.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:26:53 am by King DZA »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:38:07 pm by King DZA »

Burkhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »

So let me see if I got this straight...

Your thread name is "Slaves to DZA."

Your forum name is "King DZA." Also, your self-given title is "Omnipotent God-King of Everything."

Essentially, this whole thing is "Hey, who wants to be forcibly subjugated by me? I promise the beatings will be infrequent!" To me, this seems more like a power-trip for the GM than anything actually fun for the players.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:15:21 pm »

Your forum name is "King DZA." Also, your self-given title is "Omnipotent God-King of Everything."

Essentially, this whole thing is "Hey, who wants to be forcibly subjugated by me? I promise the beatings will be infrequent!" To me, this seems more like a power-trip for the GM than anything actually fun for the players.

I approve of this thread even more now.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:27:27 pm »

Heh, the fact that my self-proclaimed magnificence surprises you tells me that you must not know me very well.

Anyway, it's actually an idea I've wanted to play around with, inspired by the events in this. Which could practically be considered a the 30+ section back story. Trust me, if I wanted to subjugate people just for the hell of it, I wouldn't be doing it through the Bay12 RP&G board.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »

I think I shall use my "If bay 12 were a mountain hall" character.  Sorry if the traits section is sub-par.

Name: Zanzetkuken the Great
Sex: Male
Description: A human that was transferred to the Dwarf Fortress universe and became a planeswalker.  He wears a black cloak, with false dragon skulls on either shoulder.  He wears an adamantine breastplate over a brown tunic.  He wears leather leggings, and steel-tipped boots.  His brown hair, when longer, is slightly curled.  He is strong, with incredible endurance.  He has green eyes.  He has a slightly pointed jaw-bone.  He wears an Adamantine blade on his left hip that has an aura of mana, strengthening the blade further.  His swordsmanship is legendary.  He is a legendary fighter.  He is a legendary dodger.  He is a legendary miner.  His marksmanship is legendary.  He is a legendary armor user.
Origin:  Zanzetkuken was born on the planet earth, and lived there for sixteen years, before being transferred into the game dwarf fortress by an unknown force.  A glitch in his transfer placed him in a different universe than the rest of the forumites, allowing him to become an administrator in a dragon civilization.  He rose through the ranks, and by winning a fierce battle, though using a lot of his power, and losing his acquired ability to transform into a dragon, became the Grand Emperor of that world.  He went on a long journey where he reaquired his powers, and captured the Eldrazi, gaining him the ability to summon them at his will.  At one point, he fought a being known as "Nicol Bolas" and caused the sparks of three other planeswalkers to ignite.  He formed an order of planeswalkers, but it did not last due to his death at the end of the Phyrexian war on the plane he was sent to.  He had fought his dark self from the other side of the multiverse, and threw them both off of a cliff, stabbing his dark self on the way down.  He fell into sharp rocks at the bottom of the falls, but has now been revived by DZA in order to compete to join the pantheon.
Traits:  He is highly Intelligent, very Strategic, and mostly Cunning.  He harbors a deep regret for things he did in his past, and is often Unobservant, but he has gotten better.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:46:16 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 10:29:20 pm »

Hmm, an Eldrazi summoning Planeswalker that can transform into a dragon...workable, and very interesting. So interesting, in fact, that I am going to be a mildly displeased individual if I have to let this fall into hibernation before we can even begin. I had planned to start off with a pretty low number of players, but one seems like just a tad below the minimum.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:32:59 pm »

Hmm, an Eldrazi summoning Planeswalker that can transform into a dragon...workable, and very interesting. So interesting, in fact, that I am going to be a mildly displeased individual if I have to let this fall into hibernation before we can even begin. I had planned to start off with a pretty low number of players, but one seems like just a tad below the minimum.
Well, the intro turns look rather intimidating. That's kind of scaring me off, along with my inability to keep up with many forum games right now.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:55 pm »

Might as well go with an idea I've had for a while now.
Name: Ranger Ely
Sex: male
Descrption: come from a post nuclear amercia in a 1984 type world. Wears a Ranger hat with the WRR symbol on it. Wears a cowboy style leather jacket with a Ranger Lord star badge on it. Wears a chainmail shit undermeath the jacket. Wears denim jeans. Wears cowboy boots. Carries a scottish longsword on his back. Carries two desert eagles in his pocket.
Orgin: Ranger Ely was a Ranger Lord in the WRR, the Western Ranger Republic, a group of city states and town streatching up and down the western untied states. In this world the US and China got nuclear and the entire Amercian mega contient was nuked. The Rangers do not have the technologival advantage of the mega nations and have to make do with medieval weaponary and pre nuclear fire arms. Ranger Ely was a rancher working on a ranch near Reno when the Rangers recrutied him. He quickly rose to the rank of Ranger Lord. He ordred the masscare of a survivor band after they robbed a food caravan to survive. Through bullshit plot devices he was chosen by D.Z.A.
Traits: Violent, calm, brave,grim,kind.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 09:16:18 am »

I lost the ability to transform into a dragon.  I wrote that in there somewhere...
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 02:04:32 pm »

Oops, I thought the "reaquired his powers" part meant regaining the power to go dragon-mode.

@mcclay: Good to go. Though, as hilarious as it would be to roll along with, I'm going to assume
chainmail shit undermeath the jacket.
was a typo.

Well, the intro turns look rather intimidating. That's kind of scaring me off, along with my inability to keep up with many forum games right now.

If it makes you feel any better, you'll all be starting off on at least somewhat level ground with one another (Sorry, Zan. No Eldrazi spamming :(), with nothing stopping you from allying if you so wish. You will also be far enough away from each other that I don't expect anyone to run into another Chosen One for at least the first few turns. In fact, unless you go intentionally causing a ruckus, things can be pretty calm at the start.

I think we'll begin when/if we get to 4 or 5 players. Enough to keep things interesting, while having spots open for any who wish to join later on.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 02:51:14 pm »

Oops, I thought the "reaquired his powers" part meant regaining the power to go dragon-mode.

If it makes you feel any better, you'll all be starting off on at least somewhat level ground with one another (Sorry, Zan. No Eldrazi spamming :(), with nothing stopping you from allying if you so wish. You will also be far enough away from each other that I don't expect anyone to run into another Chosen One for at least the first few turns. In fact, unless you go intentionally causing a ruckus, things can be pretty calm at the start.

I think we'll begin when/if we get to 4 or 5 players. Enough to keep things interesting, while having spots open for any who wish to join later on.

Nope, just planeswalking abilities.

Never spam them.  All I use are in the following catagories, and even then rarely:
Red-Dragons, lightning bolts, and fireballs
White-Leonins and Sunlance
Blue-Illusions and occasional spell.
Colorless-Artifacts
I only use Eldrazi as an ultimate last resort.  After attempting to planeswalk away from the situation.  I really prefer to use the blade to keep the playing field level.  Characteristic that I forgot to mention.

Sounds reasonable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 02:52:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:06:20 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61