Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 89110 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 02:58:15 pm »

Heavy edit to the OP. Even if I never manage to get this started up on B12, I felt it was too restricting on the future of YaM, and wanted to go with a shorter, more enigmatic approach instead. I figure anyone who really wants all the extra info could go and read the suggestion game to quench their curiosity.

Oops, I thought the "reaquired his powers" part meant regaining the power to go dragon-mode.

If it makes you feel any better, you'll all be starting off on at least somewhat level ground with one another (Sorry, Zan. No Eldrazi spamming :(), with nothing stopping you from allying if you so wish. You will also be far enough away from each other that I don't expect anyone to run into another Chosen One for at least the first few turns. In fact, unless you go intentionally causing a ruckus, things can be pretty calm at the start.

I think we'll begin when/if we get to 4 or 5 players. Enough to keep things interesting, while having spots open for any who wish to join later on.

Nope, just planeswalking abilities.

Never spam them.  All I use are in the following catagories, and even then rarely:
Red-Dragons, lightning bolts, and fireballs
White-Leonins and Sunlance
Blue-Illusions and occasional spell.
Colorless-Artifacts
I only use Eldrazi as an ultimate last resort.  After attempting to planeswalk away from the situation.  I really prefer to use the blade to keep the playing field level.  Characteristic that I forgot to mention.

Sounds reasonable

Meant to reply to this a while back, but it slipped my mind. If we're ever actually able to begin, I could just make it so that summoning an Eldrazi causes you to drop a Badassery level or two. Making it a choice between retaining your own power, or expending some of it to call upon the help of another potent entity.

Anyway, seeing as we still lack a participant, and ST is taking his sweet, sweet time with his character, if this falls back into the depths of the board again, I suppose I'll simply have to let it die and try out my little experiment some other time/place.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »

Can we use characters from the original thread? ..well, actually, Super Dave might be a weeeeee bit OP.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 01:21:53 am »

Can we use characters from the original thread?

Go for it.

..well, actually, Super Dave might be a weeeeee bit OP.

Not really. Just because he can't die, doesn't mean he can't be bribed, blackmailed, trapped, restrained, cursed, mercilessly beaten into submission, or made less a threat using any other method one can think of. It's just a matter of getting a little more creative.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:17 am »

Name: Hisir Namedene
Sex: Male
Description: Hisir wears a black platearmor, with a lot of curves. He has daggers and a short sword on his belt, and a dubbel halberd (a blade at the bottem and a blade at the top , each at the opposite side.) with curved blades but on the bottem of each blade is a chain who connects it with the pole of the halberd. The chain goes in and out the pole as he swings. The chain is endless and disappaers in the pole if Hisir commands it to in his mind (this might be OP, tell me if this is the case.  And one of his gauntlets has a claw.
Orgin:Hisir found himself 24 years ago on a barren plain. He had no idee who, where or what he was. He didn't know anything except some strange memory of darkness.  But his instinct was still active. After eating a bit he traveled north. The first people he saw where armed in black armor (^). When one off them saw him he alarmed the others and ran after Hisir (who acually did not have a name yet.)Hisir was quicly captured and brought to a dark grey stone fortress. Their he was imprisoned for a month. When they finnaly brought him out of his cell, they brought him to a torture chamber where they preformed a ritual. They stabbed his eyes out and a Man in black armor who looked a bit different made sort of a black magical stream out of hsi hands and let it flow around Hisir who was in hellish pain. he was covered in that black magical stuff and it felt like his body was being burned away. when the pain finnaly stopped he a glimpse of his body, a Black armor....
He became a soldier of the shadow army, an army that seemed to be ravaging the world. His military carreer quickly grew until he was high general and under his command his army crushed the great army of the Free Alliance.
Traits: Cruel, Mindful, Conceited, Cunning, Arrogant.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 02:59:06 am »

Not too shabby. And the duel-bladed chain halberd earns you a thumbs-up for creativity. However, it'd be helpful if you could specify just how many daggers you possess and which arm your clawed gauntlet is on.

It'd take much more than that for me to consider you too overpowered, as the whole idea of this game is to gift participants with unbelievable powers and drop them into a vast and living environment to interact with.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 07:08:32 am »

Thanks  :D
The claw is on the right hand.
And after you said that you can be very powerful, is it allowed to make the blade kind of shoot out with the chain still attached, like a very far stab ( if i want it)?
I have two long daggers (like short short-swords), Five trowing knifes strapped on the back of his shoulder, one in his boot (classic), and one under his gauntlet.

Question, can you gain abilities in the game? Learn to do new stuff?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »

is it allowed to make the blade kind of shoot out with the chain still attached, like a very far stab ( if i want it)?

Since you mentioned the weapon is controlled to an extent by will of mind, I suppose so, yes. I'll probably tie your overall mind control of the weapon into the level of your badassery, meaning that as long as you can keep it at or above a certain point (which will be specified when/if we get things up and running), long-range halberd stabbing should be completely within the realm of possibility. Just keep in mind that the farther the distance is, the more time your target has to react.

Now that I think about it, I think I'll take same route with Zan's Eldrazi summoning abilities as well. Having the range and power of Eldrazi he can summon be tied in with his Badassery Level, and just having some of the more powerful ones take longer to summon. Sound good, Planeswalker?

Question, can you gain abilities in the game? Learn to do new stuff?

Yep. Though the method of how you learn that ability depends on the ability in question.

Let's see, so far we've got a gunslinging ranger, a disciplined magic master, and a fully armored walking arsenal of blades...very curious to see how well you'll get along with one another.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 01:26:56 am »

Acually, i had this character in my mind for a few months, if you would ask me, i could make a two pages long summary of him and his other powers.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 03:55:23 pm »

Now that I think about it, I think I'll take same route with Zan's Eldrazi summoning abilities as well. Having the range and power of Eldrazi he can summon be tied in with his Badassery Level, and just having some of the more powerful ones take longer to summon. Sound good, Planeswalker?

This makes sense, but you can apply it to all of the creatures, spells, etc. that I have the ability to summon, due to all requiring mana.  In the card game, eldrazi are rarely below 9 mana, so they would take longer to summon due to the amount of area that the mana must be drawn from.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 12:43:06 am »

Acually, i had this character in my mind for a few months, if you would ask me, i could make a two pages long summary of him and his other powers.

Nice to know there's been a good amount of thought put into him. You'll likely get a fair amount of opportunities to further elaborate/flesh out the story behind him during the actual game. Other than that, feel free to PM me any extra info about your character you feel would be important.

This makes sense, but you can apply it to all of the creatures, spells, etc. that I have the ability to summon, due to all requiring mana.  In the card game, eldrazi are rarely below 9 mana, so they would take longer to summon due to the amount of area that the mana must be drawn from.

Works for me. In fact, it might make things simpler mechanically to just have your Badassery Level factor into the units of mana you're able to pool together for your various spellcasting needs. I'm far from a Magic expert, but looking up the details for the cards isn't that difficult.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 01:11:20 am »

Is there still a spot for me?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

TaiwaneseRedneck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ufck that isht!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 01:13:33 am »

I'd totally draft up a character sheet and get in on this right now, but I ufcking suck at doing descriptions and backstories and isht like that.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 02:02:33 am »

Is there still a spot for me?
Two spots left.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 02:25:51 am »

Name: The Moderator
Sex: Male
Description: The Moderator wears an N7 Hoody, with jeans, which conceal hidden armour. Has a pistol holster, usually with an M-3 Predator handgun of any variety, and also has an auscam backpack, with some other armaments, susally an assault rifle, spare parts, a cleaning kit and grenades, as well as spare ammunition blocks. Is 6'4", blue eyes, brown hair.
Origin: Being a Moderator is hard, no matter where you come from. Born on Earth, it was there he found an underground base with lots of weird and wonderful tech, but a portal that goes to other dimensions and times. Using this, he has become skilled in adventuring and has a strong moral sense. Of course, wandering dimensions and 'chilling' with prominent figures the Gods watch does tend to attract attention...
Traits: often going on adventures makes him a very good shot. Also having to be sneaky has trained him well in the stealthy art. Learning from various heroic figures and monks means he is very mentally controlled and always thinks logically. He also is, from constant training in the field, resourceful. He also has a sense of loyalty for friends, and wouldn't betray them, unless the situation is dire indeed.

Does this work? It's basically me, except an interdimensional guy who chills with heroes of legend and adventures.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:43:34 pm by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 02:39:25 am »

I'm not a GM but i think it's fine  :)

But i feel like where going to have a gunfight while i stand there with my arsenal of blades, getting shot. :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61